To those struggling with Inferno post-nerf...

Wizard
Diablo 3 is not an MMORPG, it is an Action Role Playing Game. However, it's made by the same people who made WoW, so sadly they took the concept of "gear checks" to progress through Inferno. None of us were really supposed to have gotten as far as we did. I won't say we abused exploits exactly, Blizzard was the one who gave us these tools and didn't have the foresight to see how powerful some combination would be.

But now that these tools have been "fixed", or nerfed or however you classify it, there's no magic bullet to progress or farm without having the proper gear.

This leaves you with three options.
1) Farm an act you're capable of doing, hoping to get good gear to allow you to farm the next act.

2) Farm enough items and make enough gold to buy items to progress.

3) Buy items from the RMAH when it eventually comes out (No set date at the moment).

Most of us aren't interested in spending real money, so you're down to these two options. So rather than sit around complaining about how your builds don't work in Inferno with your 35k HP, 200-300 resists and 30k damage, go do something about it and improve your character. You're going to need better gear anyway to be competitive in PvP when that too comes out (Assuming you're interested in PvP).

TL;DR: It's not the end of the world, go farm better gear. You're not meant to be doing the things you have yet.
It is the end of the world, Blizzard sacrificing fun game play and entertainment because of greed.......oh wait.

Nevermind, forgot about their cash cow wow. My bad. Greed ruins everything, and Diablo 3 is a prime example. Greed should have a picture of Blizzard headquarters by it in the dictionary. Inferno will be made so no one can progress without using the RMAH. It's the only logical business stand point.
I'm so sick of these effing posts.

I'm willing to bet, you've never been to act 3 or 4 of inferno. Even with 800 resists, 7k armor, 25k dps, you still aren't able to really "farm" anything effectively as a wizard.

Looking over mob damages, the highest hitting normal mob in the game hits for 284k. SOLO. That's 411.8k in a 4 person game.

Given you have 70% resists and 70% armor reduction (which is a very high number), the mob is still hitting you for 25.5k in one hit. 4 man inferno that's 37k.

Yes that's the highest hitting mob, but there are plenty of others in the 100-170k range.

While getting some gear helps, the abilities we have to kill !@#$ right now is pretty garbage. I'm not at those above mentioned stats (I'm at 60% resists, 55% armor reduction, 38k life), but outside of farming 1 or two minibosses that i can kite around pillars, you just can't do anything effectively. Kiting a champion pack with "ideal" modifiers (notice i said ideal here, most champion packs are just GG to wizards) for 20 minutes only to mess up and die in one hit and half their health reset, isn't fun.

Some of the wizard stuff probably needed to be adjusted ya, but the class is pretty %^-*ty right now as a whole -- especially after watching some barbs farm inferno while tanking 20 mobs + champion packs at the same time.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149180916?page=1#15

We purposely launched the game with Inferno being far more difficult than what we were able to progress in ourselves, assuming people would find it as difficult but with a few skilled players able to pull it off, or the difficulty would simply help root out problem skills and builds that allowed flaw-filled progression possibilities.

I think the main problem we're running into is people progress more or less linearly to Inferno, and the brick wall effect makes it seem like these broken skills were the correct way to overcome the difficulty because the belief is that Inferno must be an immediately surmountable challenge, which it isn't intended to be. Or the reverse, that because these skills allowed progression the classes that did not have them were too weak/broken, which isn't correct.

We'll provide a bit more info/context on Inferno tuning through an article we're working on for the front page.

Pretty sure Blizzard is trolling you. Not sure though...

Could it be that perhaps they tuned the difficulty as such to catch such exploits!?

OMFG WHAT A NOVEL CONCEPT!?

Your class is fine. It was originally broken now it's fixed.

I hate finding out after the fact that we were the Inferno Beta Testers but I really think this had to be done.
05/25/2012 06:40 AMPosted by Drothvader
I hate finding out after the fact that we were the Inferno Beta Testers but I really think this had to be done.

Wow, this just... makes sense. This is the exact description of what is happening right now. Usually I don't bother with Beta and wait for the actual, finished, game. I might as well do so now.
05/25/2012 06:51 AMPosted by Dragomirov

Wow, this just... makes sense. This is the exact description of what is happening right now. Usually I don't bother with Beta and wait for the actual, finished, game. I might as well do so now.

Yep, Bashiok confirmed it this morning.
I payed to beta test.

This is a first.

It is the end of the world, Blizzard sacrificing fun game play and entertainment because of greed.......oh wait.

Nevermind, forgot about their cash cow wow. My bad. Greed ruins everything, and Diablo 3 is a prime example. Greed should have a picture of Blizzard headquarters by it in the dictionary. Inferno will be made so no one can progress without using the RMAH. It's the only logical business stand point.

Quotes for truth.
I played D2 I played WoW.
I've played many games actually.
Gear will always be an important part of a game.
Cant get past the Deku tree in legend of Zelda with out the slingshot right? Stop whining.
Inferno is optional. You dont have to play it. They wanted it to be hard. I'm glad im playing a game that takes time and skill

It doesn't take skill. It takes gear, gear that isn't in the game yet.

But don't worry folks, blizzard will get their real money auction hall up and shortly there after tune up items.

A couple hundred bucks and you'll be all set for inferno...