delayed release, open stress test=not enough

Technical Support
I honestly don't get it.
Does that mean there is no way for any game to be released with enough server capacity?
My view is if you sell a product, it should not have an unexpected error.
Customers should be compensated, so that when companies release a product, they will be aware of monetary consequences and release much higher standard product, instead of fixing after the release.
I think it would have helped if the beta servers weren't down for most of that weekend lol
SWTOR had a flawless release. Its really sad when a company with this much experience in online gaming cannot properly release a game.
if you sell a product, it should not have an unexpected error.

Any credibility was lost right here.
If this were an old cartridge game where it had to be perfect because you couldnt relase now and patch later it would be an EPIC fail...
05/15/2012 09:42 PMPosted by Murderin
SWTOR had a flawless release. Its really sad when a company with this much experience in online gaming cannot properly release a game.

The trolls are in force tonight...
05/15/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Itsapaul
The trolls are in force tonight...

The meaning of trolling is lost on you. There was nothing but fact in my post.
Look at all the wow expac releases, massive que times to get on the server for the first week or 2 then all is back to normal. Will be the same with D3 you all just need to chill out and be paitent. Half of america and Australia are trying to play at the moment.

However it might hell next time if you gave us Aussies our own servers, or at least let us on at 12 am
I could even understand the delayed release if it was working with anything and all these errors connection errors and code 12 is all server related like not only is the game unstable on like most configurations but the servers aren't right either? I was in the beta test and was happy to be but this release is a disgrace its 10x more annoying to have it and not be able to play it. Almost makes me wish I didn't buy this pos game!!!
05/15/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Murderin
The meaning of trolling is lost on you. There was nothing but fact in my post.

I think he just assumed you weren't idiotic enough to believe that swtor had anywhere near the server demand on the first day that D3 did.
Look at all the wow expac releases, massive que times to get on the server for the first week or 2 then all is back to normal. Will be the same with D3 you all just need to chill out and be paitent. Half of america and Australia are trying to play at the moment.

However it might hell next time if you gave us Aussies our own servers, or at least let us on at 12 am

Yeah but this is how many releases that went this way try to play diablo II on b.net nowadays its unbearable with all the spam and hacks on there. It kinda makes you wonder about your own security connecting to it.
05/15/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Deficiency
I think he just assumed you weren't idiotic enough to believe that swtor had anywhere near the server demand on the first day that D3 did.

They had over 1 million on the first day at least. Servers were up and stable one minute after release.

Blizzard has released multiple games that have attracted millions of players, i don't know why they weren't prepared at all. Every connection problem with the open beta is still present in the release.
Blizzard can almost print cache.

If ever there was a grammatical mistake someone in IT would make, that's it.
I'm just being reasonable customer. not suck up for blizzard.
We know all the wow xpac releases had unexpected server overload, why can't blizz prevent it?
Blizz had delayed the release date so long, and even had lots of beta testers.
I'm curious if it's just impossible for any game to be released with enough server capability even with all the preparation.
What Brock0029 said....
I have done computer science for a good few years now and can say with experiance, That it is basically impossible to launch something on mass and have a perfect launch its like trying to jungle a 1000 things at once you cant do it.

As for the SWTOR "perfect release" they released the game to the public over a month or so slowly adding more people into the game by when people had preordered. Not allowing people to play in the county i live untill the entire game had come out (Australia) People in Australia who did play got US copys.

Even Apple and Google (the 2 biggest companies IN THE WORLD (tech wise)) cant launch a product and just let everyone at the same time use it.

In summery people its not possible and you all giving blizzard !@#$ about it slows down the fix. SO CALM YOUR %^-* so we can keep playing.

KEnODvT
I have done computer science for a good few years now and can say with experiance, That it is basically impossible to launch something on mass and have a perfect launch its like trying to jungle a 1000 things at once you cant do it.

As for the SWTOR "perfect release" they released the game to the public over a month or so slowly adding more people into the game by when people had preordered. Not allowing people to play in the county i live untill the entire game had come out (Australia) People in Australia who did play got US copys.

Even Apple and Google (the 2 biggest companies IN THE WORLD (tech wise)) cant launch a product and just let everyone at the same time use it.

In summery people its not possible and you all giving blizzard !@#$ about it slows down the fix. SO CALM YOUR %^-* so we can keep playing.

KEnODvT

So you are saying it's just impossible for current technology. No way how much money or effort goes in.