Starter Edition won't upgrade to Standard

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I'm having the same/similar problem here. Purchased the game outright (didn't even start with the starter edition, just bought it from the beginning) over 48 hours ago, and I'm still limited. I don't have an "Upgrade Now" banner anywhere in game, so like the poster above, I just have to kill the skeleton king any time I want to know if it's fixed.
this is the last time i ever purchase something from blizzard. First, I've got to sign up to battle net to play OFFLINE which alone isn't an issue but now i can't even play the game i spent $60 on
I'm having trouble comprehending this. I buy games digitally all the time on steam, xbox market place, playstation store, etc and I've never had to wait 72 hours to play the game I've payed for. Could you please explain why this case is different???
I've got the same problem on my side... And it says on the battle net account page that my payment was fully processed and final. Still getting the upgrade message after the Skeleton King. This is SO ANNOYING!!!! How much time will it take?!?
06/22/2012 11:12 AMPosted by xGrim
this is the last time i ever purchase something from blizzard. First, I've got to sign up to battle net to play OFFLINE which alone isn't an issue but now i can't even play the game i spent $60 on

There is no offline mode. You're always online.

06/22/2012 11:47 AMPosted by xGrim
I'm having trouble comprehending this. I buy games digitally all the time on steam, xbox market place, playstation store, etc and I've never had to wait 72 hours to play the game I've payed for. Could you please explain why this case is different???

It's because botters/farmers with stolen CCs "buy" the game and then either chargeback or the charge never goes through because the CC is stolen. Blizzard somehow forgot security on their end matters just as much as on our end. After seeing this limitation, it's become plainly clear Blizzard can't or won't be bothered to step up to the plate to ensure both security and customer satisfaction.

About the only good people left at Blizzard are the tech support folks. Even the CMs (non-tech support) have basically become "toe the line" yes-men/women.

Thankfully it looks like Congress is finally starting to get the hint that software companies are screwing over customers with their EULAs and the customer having no access to those before installing the software, at which point almost no store will accept a return due to open package and/or used key. Looks like Diablo 3's fiasco in Korea got their attention bigtime.
So its been 72 hours and my game is still starter edition. What do I do now...
I already have the DVD and a battle.net account. What I would like to do is purchase another one to play with my wife at home.. But what I understand so far; I will not be able to go forward Act1 due to some bug in patch 1.03; is that right? Or is it only for 72 hours?

Can someone please confirm it?
I have the same problem. 72 hours have passed game still not upgraded.
I have that problem too. It's been over 72 hours and it still tells me to upgrade each time I beat the skeleton king. I don't know what to do. If it's not going to let me play then I should be able to get my $60 back
yup I'm having the same problem as all of you.. Every time I kill the skeleton king i get a message prompting me to upgrade to a standard account from a starter account and when i click it nothing happens. I bought the game around 48 hours ago so i guess I'll see if it actually works tomorrow. This is ridiculous Blizzard.
We're working on updating the Starter Edition Error for D3 Digital purchases. You can read more about this here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/6473746
Hey its good old Hyperion here and I am just wondering if anyone can help me cause i bought d3 on Wednsday the 20th!! and now its the 24th and i still cant play the full game or have access to any of the chat channels. Can someone who works for Blizz plz fix this cause ive been a loyal customer forever and this is really unnecessary, 72 hours my !@#
I bought d3 on thursday 21th !! and now i can not play the full game .(26th)

When the 72 hours start to count ?

I'm a honest customer and need an apologist .
[quote]There is no offline mode. You're always online./quote]

thats my frustration. i dont want to be connected to battlenet all the time like some !@#$ing form of life support. if battlenet goes down for updates or anything for that matter you cant play diablo three.
I played demo last week and bought the upgrade to standard edition last week. I re-downloaded the diablo launcher and setup and it still won't let me play past the skeleton king. I've changed my password 3 times on battle.net and I'm still stuck. Now what? I'm getting tired of playing the skeleton king and I think I just want my money back.
I just re-read the link above for the 4th time. I purchased on June 20th, it is now June 26th... Password has been changed multiple times. Should I delete my Diablo 3 program and do a fresh install? This is getting old...
I killed the Skeleton King tonight, and ran into the bug (http://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/6473746) being discussed in this thread. While looking around for a solution, I came across a thread (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5912673967) that recommended changing my password. I changed my password, but now I'm back at the beginning of "The Fallen Star" albeit I'm still at Level 10 with all of my equipment, and Templar Follower! I noticed that I can "Change Quest" to "The Royal Crypts" but I get a warning that doing so will "overwrite my currently saved progress"!

I hope the fix for people who made a Digital Purchase after patch 1.0.3 gets me back to the end of Act I because the thought of slogging through "The Royal Crypts" again is almost enough to make me switch back to MW3. I guess Activision Blizzard wins either way.

Thanks!
Don't get me wrong, I really like what I've seen of the game, but this issue is spoiling my enthousiasm and preventing me from seeing more of it. Proper ingame information would have mended this, but Blizzard, seemingly, doesn't care. Obviously, reputation isn't something the company's shareholders value much.

As mentioned, proper information is lacking ingame.

How do you determine that you have the standard edition ingame unless you advance past the Skeleton King or level 13?

What about the 72 hours - is that working days only?

What do you do if you at some point find out you have the starter edition although your account says "standard"?
Do you:
* Play the starter edition over and over till you finally succeed
* Demand a refund
* Let the game collect dust until you're sure it's finally working
* Write the authorities..
* Spend time whining in forums

regards
sucks to be stuck on the black king! have had this problem for a week now. Have I missed something???