MSVC++ Runtime Library Crash-to-Desktop

Bug Report
I can't accurately transcribe the error message that MSVC++ is showing me, since it truncates long filenames with '....', but I'll show you what it shows me.

Assertion failed!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe
File: c:\jenkins_slave\workspace\auror...\intrus.ptr.hpp
Line:166

Expression: px !=0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

[Abort] [Retry] [Ignore]

This error occurs right after the first login attempt fails. Sometimes it's not immediate (it takes a few seconds).

It's not exactly a 'crash' apparently, since I can leave the message window open and re-maximize the D3 window, but I haven't been able log into the game yet (Errors 3003 and 3007), so I can't say how far I can play in this state.

Clicking Abort closes the game window but leaves the Diablo III.exe process running in the background, where I have to forcibly terminate it. Clicking Ignore results in a 'proper' crash with a Blizzard Report ID and all (here's one: BD071005-70C9-4522-8D06-7482ED367091).
Me too,

how fix it??

50Euro for a epic introduction video and one epic bug?

i need help NOW.
I too am getting this error! It happened to me once yesterday, and then I was able to log in afterwards. Today I have been getting the error all day and have not been able to log in.
I can't accurately transcribe the error message that MSVC++ is showing me, since it truncates long filenames with '....', but I'll show you what it shows me.

Assertion failed!

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

[Abort] [Retry] [Ignore]

[quote="51503035117"]I can't accurately transcribe the error message that MSVC++ is showing me, since it truncates long filenames with '....', but I'll show you what it shows me.

Assertion failed!

[Abort] [Retry] [Ignore]

Getting this same MSVC++ error ^, and also an error 3007. I've had no problems at all playing all week since I started playing. Then after the maintainence a few hrs ago this happnes. Been reading up and trying out some suggestions but no luck so far. (already tried forwarding ports, updating drivers, disabling firewalls, computer is already physically connected to modem and no one else shares my connection)
Same here.
Freakin DITTO. I'm prepared for bugs, Beta and started day 1 with WoW. But This? Ohh Hell no, only been able to play a couple hrs over the past few days. (Off Rant)
I've tried it all, incl Instalation of MS Essentials, and Blocking the proxy attempt. (Which seems to be the prob, as it's tryin to gain a proxy connection to a server that does not exist)

C'Mon Blue, Throw us a Bone!
i too just got this error while trying to log in
same error >:(
i got this error this morning and i was able to log in just fine several minutes later (been playing ever since)
05/20/2012 09:36 AMPosted by SlayersofDia
i got this error this morning and i was able to log in just fine several minutes later (been playing ever since)

So what changed? Did you do anything different? Was a patch released in between the time you received the error and the time you were able to play just fine?
I've just received the same problem.
I was browsing the Auction House and suddenly searching didn't load any results anymore.
I tried logging out and back in.
Same problem occurred again, and it said "retrieving balance" where my money amount should be, I also couldn't place new items on Auction House: Max 0 items?...

Tried logging out and in again. Then it crashed to my desktop with the same error message as the person who started this topic.

Now it crashes every time I try to log in.

This is the error reference code for Blizzard: EDCE6FCE-89E9-402D-9F0B-DF953DEF42F8

(Current time/date of my post: 05-22 // 00:21AM // Netherlands)
I don't think there's anything we can do about this. IMO there should never be assertions in release builds of any software but apparently Blizzard don't share my views.