Games & Technology
Prev 1 3 4 5 15 Next
win 7
amd athlon II x2 255
4gb ddr3
nvidia geforce 9200

i seem to be laggy in game
what can i do to help? most options turned to low in game
My current PC is 3 1/2 years old, and wasn't top of the line to begin with.

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66 GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM (I upgraded this)
nvidia GeForce 9300GE 256 MB (something tells me this is my problem)
Win 7
ADSL 2+ ~9.5Mbps download/1.0Mbps upload
300W PSU (so is this)

Even on the lowest settings, D3 is running nice and slow. I thought it was a server problem (300-400ms ping), but after reading the OP, I'm thinking the real issue is my videoe card, ancient piece of tripe that it is (possibly the CPU as well).

Now if I'm reading the OP right, the power level within a generation is more important than the generation, right? So, for exapmle, a GTS450 would be better than a GT520? Further, in terms of D3 (the only modern game I want to play), if I want to play on high settings, then I'm looking power level 7 and up for ATI and 5 and up for nvidia?
05/17/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Pillow
I have literally zero technical experience for building a PC so that would not be the best option.

Check this out then:

Cheaper and yet will still destroy D3 or most other games you throw at it. Games that won't run maxed won't also run maxed on your $1200 PC.

You do not have to buy from CyberPowerPC; just ensure similar price and hardware.

* Ghoulmaster:

You have GeForce 9200, as the guide says, "2" indicates you have a lowest of the totem pole in terms of power. Get a new graphics card.

* Nswhorse:

You have a 9300 GE, just like the guy above you, needs a new graphics card. CPU is fine, however.

And yes, you've read it correct! GTS 450 is infinitely better than GT 520.

Yes. Your assessment is correct.

Before you buy a new graphics card, get a new power supply. It -must- be 80 Plus Bronze certified, and a 500W will power them fine.
When you say "must" be 80 plus Bronze, is this a requirement of the newer cards, or a government requirement (in which case, being located in Australia, wouldn't apply to me)?

I have a spare Thermaltake case with a 430W power supply. I've read the minimum for a GTX550Ti (best value decent card I can get my hands on) is 400W, so should 430W be ok? Just can't afford to get a PSU as well this week. And yes, I checked and it does have the right connector (6-pin).
It's a requirement to ensure that the power supply can actually provide the power it is rated for, for the beefier cards that needs more power to perform at their full potential.
ASUS Notebook G60Vx Series
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Due CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHZ 2.0 GHz
Memory 4.00GB
64-bit Operating System

It says that I can't run Diablo 3 because my computer doesn't meat minimum requirements. I have no idea what needs to be updated or how to go about that. Can anyone help please?
Your laptop does not have either nVidia or AMD graphics?
Then yeah, nothing you can do will have D3 running on your laptop.
It has some kind of nvidia cause I saw it just update on my regular updates.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M I think.
Then it should still run.

Try going to GeForce.com, and let it search for the appropriate drivers for your system.
Okay, thanks.
AO522 running D3

Loving it. Tho the screen is a bit small....
Will this be able to run D3?

Yes, it will run D3, Panda121
Totally didn't work.

Download and run Speccy, and report to me its basic stats
Operating System
MS Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P7350 @ 2.00GHz 64 °C
Penryn 45nm Technology
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-18)
PEGATRON Corp. G60VX (Socket 478) 62 °C
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
1024MB GeForce GTX 260M (ASUStek Computer Inc) 85 °C
Hard Drives
313GB Seagate ST9320421AS (SATA) 54 °C
Optical Drives
Realtek High Definition Audio
Hm, from what I see, D3 should be running on it.
The installer says you can't run it, or did you go to some other website to check?

By the way, is this idle temperature? If so, GPU is severely overheating, and it will probably die trying to run D3.
Been running a bit. I have the game, and it says I don't meet requirements to run it. It won't even install.
This does not make sense to me :(. Your system is good enough to run D3.
I would contact Blizzard directly (try their tech forum) and see what's up.

If they tell you, they will probably say either you don't have enough hard disk space, or your CPU is too old. After they tell you to update your DirectX and drivers, of course.