Loot on Nightmare mode.

General Discussion
I completed Normal mode and proceeded on with clearing Nightmare in Act 1, I killed the first Rare Mob that I saw and I received a Legendary Helmet, I have Killed the first 5 bosses on Nightmare and NOT ONE has dropped even a Yellow Item. There has to be something going on with boss loot, surely out of the 5 bosses I have killed I would have at least gotten 1 Yellow Item, I have received more Yellow Items from randoms mobs (They don't even have to be rare mobs for that matter.) Either I have some EXTREMELY horrible luck or there is something going on with the loot on bosses. WE wanna see set pieces and legionaries at some point! Some yellows would be nice as well! :)

The lack of loot off of bosses is making it hard to start off in new acts because of the lack of armor and stats that you come in to Nightmare with. I know a lot of other people are having the same problems so an update on whether or not it's a bug or if its just our horrible luck would be appreciated :) other than that, GREAT GAME! GREAT JOB GUYS! Thank you :)
I've replayed the normal-mode bosses with other players for various reasons, where I've noticed that these bosses don't drop rare loot on subsequent visits. It may be that D3 has noticed you've killed the bosses before and is denying you loot like it should be on normal hardness.
Same here, you would think the bosses would atleast drop a yellow item in for being how damn hard it is now.

Im pretty sure this is not how they intended it to be either.
I was not saying that I was farming the bosses, I completed it on normal and started it on nightmare, It is giving me magic loot as if I already killed "them" on nightmare, which I haven't. All the boss kills I have mentioned and HAVEN'T gotten anything but magic items off of them were first time kills. But yet I get a legendary off a rare mob in the middle of a field? And can't get even a yellow off of the first 5 bosses I have killed. And I am not talking about random boss mobs, I am talking about Butcher, Skeleton King, etc... No rare items have been dropped on first time kills PERIOD in Act 1 or 2 on Nightmare. Thanks for the replies everyone :)
I am hoping to hear from blizzard on this one....
Update : Just killed another 2 Bosses, Zoltun and Bilail, Nothing better than blues dropped... Got to be SOMETHING wrong. Really starting to make me mad. I feel like I am wasting my time as of right now, If they do fix the loot issue I am going to have to go back and hope they haven't decreased my drop rate otherwise I am officially doing nightmare for nothing but blues... Please give us an update I know I am not the only one noticing this... Thank you
you're not the only one. A friend and I have realized this throughout ALL OF NIGHTMARE. Even Diablo didn't drop anything good except for 2 magic items, which were TERRIBLE
Oh noes, I got upgrades but they aren't the color that I like, this game is terrible!
05/17/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Sìlvòs

They posted it already in another thread. Guaranteed yellows for virgin boss kills ONLY HAPPEN IN NORMAL MODE. Nightmare and beyond, bosses only have a "better chance" of dropping yellows than trash mobs.
I've actually gotten a lot of yellows (and one legendary) in nightmare so far and I'm about halfway through Act 2. It's all about the RNG, I'm afraid.
05/17/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Sìlvòs

Your prayers have been answered!
Behold!
05/16/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
The bonus to drops for first-time boss kills only exists in Normal difficulty.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149535617?page=2#25
05/17/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Sìlvòs
All the boss kills I have mentioned and HAVEN'T gotten anything but magic items off of them were first time kills. But yet I get a legendary off a rare mob in the middle of a field?

Man, this scenario almost sounds... what's the word... random? May Blizzard fart golden items in your direction sir. God speed.
I'm only in A2 normal and I got 5 yellows in 1 hour from elites. Of course none were useful. I would hope NM would give yellows too, it has to be just luck then.
Elites and Champions are where the loot is to be had after Normal mode.

Also from Resplendent Chests.
Elites and Champions are where the loot is to be had after Normal mode.

Also from Resplendent Chests.
And crafting, made a couple of those rare 1 handed axes from a lvl 5 blacksmith for my barb, good stuff.
Read other posts before you post....will save yourself a lot of embarrassment
I am not embarrassed by posting something to get some answers and to see what other people are experiencing, it is what forums are here for. All of you that are roasting me for posting this have nothing better to do than troll posts. To whom it concerns is who I was directing this post to. If it doesn't concern you then please, no comments from the peanut gallery. I am not going to sit here and scroll through page by page looking for the exact topic I am having issues with. So I posted, OH NO's I posted something on forum, I used a tool that is available to everyone! what a crime!

To those who actually answered legitimately thank you very much for your input so I can get some closure that I am indeed, not the only one seeing this, and that there is indeed an answer. Snarly remarks and arrogance gets you nowhere as an adult, you kids will learn eventually! :)