so... whos going back to d2 ?

Games & Technology
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
nah, D2 is broken
After the Beta I got nostalgic and played D1 and hellfire... now i realize why i havent played them in 10 years. Dinosaurs...
if RMAH comes and the pvp proves to be pay to win, il go back to D2 :))
05/29/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Kushman
its better then playing a game thats broken...

This game is far from broken. Please try some of the other current multiplayer games, and then come back and let us know how your perceptions have changed. Only thing I've seen broken so far is the commodities in the AH are disabled, a couple random moments of rubber banding(d2 anyone?), and the fact that the a2 sewer levels destroy my old comp, even though I can run other parts of the game with settings turned up nice, for some reason the fog/fire/water/darkness combine to pwn mah face.
diablo 2 is done bro.
05/29/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Derbefrier
Hell no, staying with D3. but have fun, i guess some people just prefer old and archaic game mechanics just because its familiar and feels safe. enjoy rolling you millionth Hammerdin though no surprises there right?

Haters gonna hate right?
yawnz
I'm going back to Superman 64! YAY!
Never. Been out of D2 for 8 years now.
No im not. Have fun with that. I been there done that, wore out the tshirt. Move on man. Diablo 3 is so much better. HAve fun using the same builds you have done a million times before and killing Baal and Meph for the billionth time.

lol yet ur going back to d2 which is also broken
No im not. Have fun with that. I been there done that, wore out the tshirt. Move on man. Diablo 3 is so much better. HAve fun using the same builds you have done a million times before and killing Baal and Meph for the billionth time.

D2 isn't broken? If they removed all the duped items from that game people would be complaining about how hard/boring it is even more than they are complaining about D3. There would be like 2 people in the world left with enigma and BOTD
I will, once I get the Battlechest. As far as Diablo 1 goes, I'd play it if I could get it to stop blurring the colors. Can't quite figure out how to get it to run with Windows 7, otherwise I'd be playing it!
Go back?

Why would I leave? I enjoy D2... I enjoy D3..

They are both great games..
ive been out of d2 aswell but id rather play that then this broken game.. I've been waiting for this game for 4 years, ever since it was announced at Blizzcon in 2008. I soloed all of Normal and Hell and I thoroughly enjoyed it. That being said, with 65 hours played I cannot bring myself to play this game anymore. Why? The game is linear, not open world like I thought it would be (at least like Diablo 2), Legendary items are 100% useless trash because Magic and Rares are ALWAYS better, inferno is a boring kite-fest that takes no skill whatsoever you basically just run around in circles for several minutes and use a defensive cooldown here and there until something dies. Boring. Games are limited to 4 players, and because of Diablo 3's linearity you are stuck in the killing tubes with no one to socialize with; you basically just yawn your way through the game. You can't create or join a game with a title, chat channels are worthless and filled with gold spammers, the auction house is a complete buggy mess, hackers are stealing thousands of players accounts and Blizzard has responded horribly, even claiming that some of these rumors are false. Your main character and companions are extremely annoying, the ending is complete garbage, everything is scripted in D3 - not at all how it should be, there should be some mystery to the game, instead there is none, it's basically go here, do this, talk to this guy. I've played WoW and although I think it's an alright game, I DO NOT WANT WOW IN MY DIABLO. I've been a fan of Blizzard games since Diablo was released and they've failed so hard in my eyes with Diablo 3 that I don't see myself ever buying one of their games again. I haven't played D3 yesterday or even today, and have no desire to play it again. It's obvious that this game was rushed and ultimately wasn't ready.
05/29/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Kushman
i am... just say if you are or arent..

Breaks his own rule only 3 posts in. lol

D2 is old news, loved it for many, many years but I've done all I care to do in a decade for one game. D3 is great for its own reasons and I expect it will get even greater with patches/expansions.

People complain about Blizz getting their cut of RMAH but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that idea. Allows them the continued income to allocate proper resources for policing the game and creating new content. I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 expansions for this game and many great patches.

Hard for them to support D2 when it's no longer making them any more money. Sure they made millions initially with it but after 10 years of paying staff to support it, millions start to go bye-bye.

The absolute GREATEST part about this new income is that it does not cost anyone a single dime if they don't want to partake but they still get the benefits of it. Those who can afford it, will fund it for everyone else. Beautiful system.

EDIT: It bridges the gap between players who wanted it to be a subscription game and those who didn't. Everyone gets the benefit but no one is REQUIRED to pay for it. Those who still complain are clearly cranky individuals who are selfishly not supporting the greater good of the D3 community.
I've been thinking about it, D2 is just such a classic. I knew Blizz would streamline everything in d3 like they do with WoW and ruin the experience for me. Quest objectives that tell you exactly what to do at all times? Weird dialogue popping up on your screen from the evils? Yeah, thats not the Diablo i know.
I'm not unless the bots are gone. I remember installing it again this year logging on making a private game,leveling up till tristram, then making a public game for tristram runs. Instantly 7 other people joined and I was like "OH WOW lots of people still play this game". Then came the endless wall of text telling me about D2itemz4u.com. Then they all left, leaving me alone :'(.
05/29/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Ixion
I'm going back to Superman 64! YAY!

Why would you bring up such horrible memories!?!?!?

I'm sticking with D3. It's a really fun game and will only get better. I loved D2, but it's done.
05/29/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Hex

D2 isn't broken? If they removed all the duped items from that game people would be complaining about how hard/boring it is even more than they are complaining about D3. There would be like 2 people in the world left with enigma and BOTD

I never traded, so that wouldn't be an issue for me. I never got an Enigma, and I didn't need one anyways. Then again, I didn't PvP.