Did you still remember you can dodge ?

Demon Hunter
I mean, that dodge chance based on dex.

Personally I forgot it for a long time.
Don't really understand why this function is even there.
Chance based dodge system just doesn't work on this squishy class, it is not % for evade, it is % for live and death....

I do prefer something more obvious and stable,
like some dodge skills in the MMOs,
something like this: 100% evade for one physical/elemental attack for every minute
make this a passive skill ,then stacking DEX reduces the cooldown.

What do you think?
While I understand where you are coming from I just want to chime in that dodge has become a lifesaver since act3NM+. You dodge everything, you dodge boss fireballs etc. It doesn't give a reliable def like str or vit but I think the dodge is a bit underappreciated. Not sure about anyone else but I've got full battle-logs running and it says dodge all the damn time.
I agree with both poster.

It's not reliable, but then again, it's better than simply dying when I make a mistake. I made a mistake. I stood too long in a warning zone and SHOULD have died. But every now and then, my DX lets me live.

The game doesn't owe me an automatic way to not be stupid. I owe the game a thank you for forgiving my stupidity. Occasionally.
I agree with both poster.

It's not reliable, but then again, it's better than simply dying when I make a mistake. I made a mistake. I stood too long in a warning zone and SHOULD have died. But every now and then, my DX lets me live.

The game doesn't owe me an automatic way to not be stupid. I owe the game a thank you for forgiving my stupidity. Occasionally.

I agree.

And also, @OP: I sort of wonder if you're familiar with all the skills of DH and how far you really are in-game, ie. Smoke Screen and Vault (though vault only sorta kinda count). Those are our other dodge skills (instead of stat).

I'm sorry if this comes across a bit harsh.

@OP: I sort of wonder if you're familiar with all the skills of DH and how far you really are in-game, ie. Smoke Screen and Vault (though vault only sorta kinda count). Those are our other dodge skills (instead of stat).

I'm sorry if this comes across a bit harsh.

Currently in inferno ACT II, solo.

I post this because it is quite unfair for DHs to survive without any stable damage reduction method.
Every DH wants to stack more DEX but their survivability are not going up obviously with the dodge chance developed.
If you want survivability, you have to build against maxium DPS, which should be the purpose of this class.
Melee classes just stack strength then they got attack bonus and armour, so convenient, not to mention bunch of long term damage reduction and constant self healing skills.
Mages got long lasting armour skills (120 sec) and companion that can be use as a tank
Witch doctor...minions tanking/keep healing him in battle.

Those are the long lasting,automatic and stable DEFENCESIVE skills.
If compare with mages,we are all ranged DPS,
but mages can go all INT build for full DPS because there is constant tanking support and long lasting magic armours for stable defences, and Teleport for any unwanted situation.
DHs do not have any DEFENCESIVE skills at all,we only have SURVIVAL skills,Shadow power last for only 3 seconds, Smokescreen can only keep you safe for 20 sec with prep support and you need to be quick enough to press it before getting a 1-shot.

which is total unfair.
yer dodge saved my life a few times two
I wouldn't of just beat Butcher solo on inferno if it wasn't for dodge. DODGE IS AWESOME!