Where's the love for Arcane Torrent?

Wizard
AP on crit + 23+% crit + cascade. Focus on the first guy in the pack, watch the rest explode faster than any other spell.

And no, channeling on hell and nightmare will not get you killed. Get a decent DPS weapon and use magic weapon and you should be mowing everything down before it gets to you. This applies all the way to about halfway through act 2 inferno.
AP on crit + 23+% crit + cascade. Focus on the first guy in the pack, watch the rest explode faster than any other spell.

And no, channeling on hell and nightmare will not get you killed. Get a decent DPS weapon and use magic weapon and you should be mowing everything down before it gets to you. This applies all the way to about halfway through act 2 inferno.

This. I'm on act 2 inferno and torrent is still doing amazingly.
channelling on hell and nightmare will get you killed without proper tanks.

did an A4nm run with 2 wizzies last night. they died so many times. I ran arouind with hydra nd teleport and resed them a few times

You can channel just fine on NM in solo play. I'm spamming disintegrate on just about everything but boss fights all the way through Act IV. I've had maybe 6 deaths along the way, all avoidable and due to sloppy play.

Mirror images + teleport ftw.