Inferno Elite/Champions Heal Inconsistently

Bug Report
Up to this point, I have never seen this behavior from elite/champion mobs, but I have just started inferno, so I'm not sure if it's an intentional extra bit of difficulty or not.

I do my best against a pack of vortex desecrate damage reflect teleporting fat exploding guys (can't remember the exact mob name now) and I get pwned eventually. I take them down to maybe half life and resurrect.

When I return to try again, they are back at full health. I figure it just took me awhile to run back, and they did their little heal thing all the way to full. Fine. I fight them several more times, until my resurrection timer is ~25 seconds. I had gotten them down to a little less than half life.

As I wait for the resurrection button to become active I'm watching them and they go from half health to full health instantly.

Is this intended? If so, it makes being a melee even more painful because the only way I have been able to kill some elites in inferno is with a few run backs.

I have ONLY seen this happen with a couple mob types. Anything else has performed as all elites had in previous difficulties.
Pretty sure thats working as intended. Inferno champions are not intended to be zerged.
As I stated, it wasn't just champions, and it was only happening sporadically.
I've seen them randomly heal to full. It seems like it's not working as intended: whether or not they are or aren't supposed to instantly heal to full for any reason, it's pretty random.
Champions/Elites reset after a given amount of time of no interaction. They also reach enrage timers if they don't reset.

Say you die to the enemy, but he's near your checkpoint. You'll notice while waiting for your res timer that the enemies HP is slowly regenerating as he is out of combat. After like 10 ticks or so (maybe less) he instantly gains full HP.

If you keep dying to an enemy but manage to keep him in combat for like 10 minutes or whatever, you'll notice a skull above his head and yours and you'll get a DOT that I'm pretty sure gets stronger over time.

However the bright side? If you kill a minion and the pack enrages, you can reset (they all go to full HP) but so does the enrage timer.

Also another thing on the fat guys, when they explode they do a lot of damage to enemies. So try focusing one down at a time and you'll notice them all drop rather quickly.
Up to this point, I have never seen this behavior from elite/champion mobs, but I have just started inferno, so I'm not sure if it's an intentional extra bit of difficulty or not.

I do my best against a pack of vortex desecrate damage reflect teleporting fat exploding guys (can't remember the exact mob name now) and I get pwned eventually. I take them down to maybe half life and resurrect.

When I return to try again, they are back at full health. I figure it just took me awhile to run back, and they did their little heal thing all the way to full. Fine. I fight them several more times, until my resurrection timer is ~25 seconds. I had gotten them down to a little less than half life.

As I wait for the resurrection button to become active I'm watching them and they go from half health to full health instantly.

Is this intended? If so, it makes being a melee even more painful because the only way I have been able to kill some elites in inferno is with a few run backs.

I have ONLY seen this happen with a couple mob types. Anything else has performed as all elites had in previous difficulties.

First welcome to inferno. On inferno mobs left without combat for 10seconds. Elite or not. Will fully heal. This is to make the game more difficult and to keep you from trying to just throw bodies at them to win.
Again, I understand the idea, but I have seen two completely different behaviors under identical circumstances with the only difference being the base mob type.

I have killed packs of skeleton elites where my travel time from checkpoint to mobs was ~60-90 seconds and they DIDN'T heal to full.

Likewise I have seen fat guys heal to full literally 3-4 seconds after I am no longer actively engaging them (aka, taking a dirt nap)

EDIT: Just to be clear, if they are supposed to heal to full, fine, I'm not complaining, I just would like the behavior to be consistent.