I'm a Norse Deity and my Account Got Hacked

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next
Look Lord Odin, I know you said your ISP is covered by two Ravens, but maybe you should check out what's happening down below Yggdrasil. I think Nidhogg's constant gnawing on the roots of the World Tree is sending out erratic signals in both the mortal world AND Asgard, which helped those nefarious individuals get a hold of your account. Just a thought.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. Be nicer to Fenrir, and maybe he won't eat you during Ragnarok.

Maybe.
Lost it at the Dual-Bird ISPs. But, what happens while they're out retrieving the news? Packet Loss?
Use that nerdy ambition to learn how to actually secure your system.
IF your account gets hack sorry to say but your a idiot. I have had my World of Warcraft account for 4 years never been hacked.
No I dont want a authenticator. A authenticator is like the helmet you put on retards so they dont hurt themselfs.
Blizz time and time again tells us to secure our accounts, don't open emails from people you don't know, Don't give your password out to your friends or Friend, When you're buying Gold don't give the Gold farmers the same email address as your Battle.net, and if you fell for one of those fake Blizz websites like wowblizzards.com or freemopbeta.com your shouldn't even be allow on the internet.
when you make your password it need to be random and shouldnt have in personal information in it. Needs at least 2 special characters, 2 uppercase letters, 2 lowercase letters, and 2 numbers.

I think Blizz should charge a fee to have your account restored for when you get hacked and want all your items back.
10/10

Will definitely read again
11/10

Awesome.
05/28/2012 02:30 PMPosted by OckhamsFolly
My ISP is two ravens that bring me news of all the happenings in the world and is always 100% stable and secure,

Everyone knows IPoAC is extremely unreliable...and I certainly wouldn't want to be standing underneath them when they do drop a "packet".
05/31/2012 02:36 AMPosted by Mathai
Cant help but think he should of saw it coming...

He's only got one eye.
Usest thou a rune of true authentication? They cost but little and prevent problems such as this.
That first paragraph was one of the funniest things I've ever read. I nearly passed out laughing. But alas, if only the necessity for such a post didn't exist.
Why does it have to be Loki's fault? I promise I didn't do anything this time. >_>
Loki is not to blame. The Norns spun this fate for Odin. Like a healer, the Norns hold the fate of gods and men in their hands. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norns
05/28/2012 02:30 PMPosted by OckhamsFolly
you and your ken will be cursed

kin*

9/10