Why do i even have minions???

Witch Doctor
When all the monsters don't bother hitting my gargantuan and just run straight after me? Isint he suppose to tank wtf is that.
I am only level 16 but my dogs can grab a lot of aggro. They are not going to grab everything but I can handle some mobs running at me. It's more fun I guess?

However, when I fought Act I's last boss, he went after me majority of the time.. T_T It doesn't matter because dogs die in a matter of seconds against him anyway. lol
You need to move carefully and sometimes retreat to behind your minions when you see things coming for you. I've never had the minions not take aggro.
05/18/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Friendzee
I've never had the minions not take aggro.

Except the Templar. The guy might as well not be there.
Why do i even have minions???

Why even post
Fyi You dont have to use them. Plus you can make them explode at higher lvls.
I love my minions, once you get the 4th dog and 20% health to your dog and Giant, combined with jungle fortitude they live for ever, then add on rune where the dogs take some of the damage you receive, makes for a nice little build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hZYdiT!Zd!aYbZaZ works very well for me atm.
I think people saying there zombie dogs/gargatuan is somehow tanking stuff haven't reached nightmare or hell yet.

Mobs completely ignore your minions and merc 90% of the time. They beeline for you even if you haven't cast a spell to get aggro. Its really annoying to be forced to kite for 10 minutes each fight on hell cause of this.
What gave you the impression that the Gargantuan is a tank?

Seriously.

Read the skill. Read all of the runes. Where does it say anything about threat? He's a passive DPS boost, and with the right runes can contribute quite a bit.

Sure, he'll wander off and hit stuff, and sometimes that stuff will jump him because he's the first thing it saw. But Diablo has never had a real Tanking role. Just burn down your foes before they get to you and forget trying to get your minions to tank. You'll probably find the game a lot more satisfying.
Well, for me, I've not had a problem with that. Pop Spirit Walk, dash in, Soul Harvest up to 3-5 stacks, dash out, then lay an Acid Cloud followed by Firebats. I actually use Garganutan and he does just fine...but I don't need him.
What gave you the impression that the Gargantuan is a tank?

Seriously.

Read the skill. Read all of the runes. Where does it say anything about threat? He's a passive DPS boost, and with the right runes can contribute quite a bit.

Sure, he'll wander off and hit stuff, and sometimes that stuff will jump him because he's the first thing it saw. But Diablo has never had a real Tanking role. Just burn down your foes before they get to you and forget trying to get your minions to tank. You'll probably find the game a lot more satisfying.

Dude this isn't WoW. I know it's hard to let go but here it comes: if the mobs are attacking your pet, he's tanking. Yes, that's possible even in a system without threat.
On the last boss in nightmare he would tank the boss for a while every 60 seconds letting me actually do DPS. He was definitely tanking it. The boss would even cast his lightning on him in the 3rd phase.
And also, sir, your pets scale based on your vita and THAT'S not written anywhere. So stop taking the tooltips for the ultimate source of knowledge, and use your brain a bit.
Or maybe you think you just know everything...
I think people saying there zombie dogs/gargatuan is somehow tanking stuff haven't reached nightmare or hell yet.

Mobs completely ignore your minions and merc 90% of the time. They beeline for you even if you haven't cast a spell to get aggro. Its really annoying to be forced to kite for 10 minutes each fight on hell cause of this.

I just got passed normal and this is happening to me. What should i do
I haven't had an issue with my minions not doing their job.. In fact I am quite impressed with my four Dogs and Gargantuan..
05/18/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Cthulboohoo
I've never had the minions not take aggro.

Except the Templar. The guy might as well not be there.

The templar tanked the butcher so much for me though.
05/20/2012 08:43 AMPosted by DarthWaste
I haven't had an issue with my minions not doing their job.. In fact I am quite impressed with my four Dogs and Gargantuan..

In Hell the dogs are basically worthless, some people say that using a shield boosts it- but if I absolutely have to use a shield to make the dogs NOT be one shot, I don't know. lol

Garg is good though and I'm still using him, wish I could control him a little better however because he likes to stand in bad stuff.