The Downfall of the Barbarian

Barbarian
you know whats pi$$ing me off. is people saying "learn to play" or "ive seen this guy do this" TROLLS!! all you are.. TROLL! get the F out of our barb forum!
good players roll a 4721 wizard
05/22/2012 02:56 PMPosted by SmokeBuddha
want a barb kiting build ? here you go http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#fSidYk!ZYf!ZcYZZZ and you need an axe to improve crit chance to regain ur fury to throw more, in case u get unlucky u have 4 fury generators that work very well with this build (especially no escape spear, u can spearlock someone (no cd when u crit)), have fun kiting

You're missing the point. Barbarians shouldn't have to kite.
Im in Act 2 Hell right now, and im using a 2 handed mace (magic not rare) and have tried to find a good balance of surviving and dealing damage. Honestly i find the biggest issue comes from mobs with Laser beams, or other similar styles of making the terrain unlivable. I find myself constantly backing away and not getting any good opportunities to generate fury, and that's not what barbarians should be about.

We shouldn't be trying to encourage enemies to walk away from their !@#$ they put down, we should be able to BEAT THEM AWAY FROM IT! We should be able to turn that disadvantage into an opportunity for more beat face! Dont get me wrong, we should use tactics but should be able to get back into combat just as fast and not be penalized for it, or like most people are experiencing, dying in a few hits. Barbs should be a class less susceptible to knockback and the mobs we face more susceptible to it. All within reason and proper balance of course.
IDONT WANT TO KITE I DONT WANT TO TANK I WANT TO BE A BARBARIAN.....

going suicide myself in inferno when i feel useless in this game. wait i can go farm nightmare without problem......wait im 60 why i should far nightmare!
TarnGold you are right, this ain't a barbarian. I am tired of getting wiped at Act3 on Hell. I don't know if they had testers playing barbarians, i am sure they didn't. It's unplayable when you go solo!
05/23/2012 01:33 AMPosted by PitspawnLord
TarnGold you are right, this ain't a barbarian. I am tired of getting wiped at Act3 on Hell. I don't know if they had testers playing barbarians, i am sure they didn't. It's unplayable when you go solo!

clearly! all these players clearing act 2 inferno by themselves are clearly hacking!

jesus christ get a grip, if you are having problems soloing its 1 of 2 things

1. you're undergeared
2. you're bad

Yes, you are bad, not the class itself, plenty of people are succeeding with the class just fine.

Couldn't agree more my friend. I love the game so far, and am currently doing nightmare with my barb. I love the idea of smashing and crushing enemies and completely obliterating and dominating them. I understand I may not be doing the same DPS as the ranged guys, but to hear lvl 60 barbs are getting killed in 2 shots by a wasp in act2 inferno makes my blood boil. I for one won't be rerolling. I will simply endeavor to get to act2 inferno, then put the game down, go to the gym, drink protein shakes and try to get as big as my barb is while I wait for a patch to buff the barb class.

BARBARIANS FOREVER!!!!! ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro I played WoW warrior for 7 years and it's the exact same thing. You have to overplay, over compensate, over gear, over stratagize, over work yourself just to be on par with others. Like Marcellus Wallace said "F*** pride, only hurts it never helps".

i smoked in wow as a dps warrior non stop gear comes to those play and i was always top dps i just dont get why you peeps are crying so much
ias is king for dw barbs look for stuff with ias str and vit. i havent found a wep yet that has all of those plus wep % damage but that would be boss. 4.5k dps lvl 51 13k+ hp 2.03 attacks per second and im wearing crap gear cept weps. yeah i have to run a little sometimes but thats just because of gear and not enuff hp i can keep rage up all the time easy and use my spenders. you should see the numbers fly when i ww also i have 30.5 crit chance i wanna get it to close to 50. the only prob i have so far is getting feared and stunned and ill work that out. was in offtime for wow also started elysium as well thanks
It's true. It took me until Act 4 of Hell to realize it, but it's true. I was doing Acts-2-4 of Hell mode with a demon hunter, and I just have to run away on the harder boss and elite fights, and while he does the same, he can dps while he does it.

My feeling is that it comes down to bad design. I didn't have this problem in the earlier difficulties and could dps just fine, but to ramp up difficulty, the current design necessitates that you run away and kite most of the time, making a ranged class fun, productive and useful, and a barbarian gimped, which is not fun. I don't want it to be easy like normal or nightmare, but running away and doing nothing so you can stay alive while the ranged class kills it is not fun. Ranged classes are favored by this design. Have a friend who leveled up as a barbarian with a demon hunter friend, when they started inferno the demon hunter is continuing, the barbarian is now rerolling a witch doctor bc they are useless in inferno.
Solution : Give barbarians +(35-75)% added benefits of vitality, Buff this and we will have a lot of HP to stay in there and deal knockback or burst damage
05/22/2012 12:09 AMPosted by Nucleotides
I shouldn't have to avoid melee swings.

Along with ranged attacks and basically anything because you will be dropped to 10% in a hit unless you try and lawlrevenge spam such a fun class. Wait nvm.
Have anyone of you considered building str>vit>armor/resistance? it does fine damage with pretty effective tanking in my oppionion, if you use a 1h and a shield ofcause
Armor should be to around 75% reduction, after that go for resistance so DR wont eat your stats
05/23/2012 04:15 AMPosted by Ællingen
Have anyone of you considered building str>vit>armor/resistance? it does fine damage with pretty effective tanking in my oppionion, if you use a 1h and a shield ofcause

wow ya, I should have considered that. I may have to drop all this dexterity/intellect gear I've been using.
Gotta love the people yapping about having to tank and how others do it. I refuse to tank, I don't like it and I never will. I didn't roll a barb to HAVE to tank, sure some fights or some bosses with my friends I don't mind to respec and re-gear for fun or achievements but NOT to solo.

Right now I'm going from champion pack to pack on inferno (act 1) with a 2h, dying - respec - dying - respec - dying - respec - success by luck -> new pack - dying - respec - dying - respec - dying - respec - success by luck -> new pack rince and repeat. It's simply NOT fun anymore.

So should anyone from Blizz read this -and I surely hope they do- change SOMETHING for us please!.

Thanks
Parked my barb @ lvl 49, act 4 nightmare.

Normal and nightmare on that barb has so far been a lot of fun, even if a little too easy. 12k hp, 4,5k dps and 32% crit hacking away mobs with my big 2hand axe. Been jumping and charging around while dealing massive numbers to everything close. In other words, playing like a true barbarian.

However after reading a lot of posts on these forums by serious people on how they struggle a lot on inferno, getting absolutely shredded by even white mobs outside of ignore pain/stuns. I did not make a barbarian to kite and stunlock mobs, so I doubt I'll progress any more on him until something is fixed.
I really miss the days of D2 Whilwind life leach builds smashing through things leaching life as you go.. Now it all seems to be seismic slam + shattered ground because you can no longer stand toe to toe with enemys. It's sad if I wanted to play a range class and kite all the time I'd have rolled a range class. I can see why so many people are dissapointed and many just roll DH, Wiz or perhaps WD. While D3 has many great things they really lost the magic that was D2 imo.
05/23/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Valive
I really miss the days of D2 Whilwind life leach builds smashing through things leaching life as you go.. Now it all seems to be seismic slam + shattered ground because you can no longer stand toe to toe with enemys. It's sad if I wanted to play a range class and kite all the time I'd have rolled a range class. I can see why so many people are dissapointed and many just roll DH, Wiz or perhaps WD. While D3 has many great things they really lost the magic that was D2 imo.

This is the problem, the difficulty has to ramp up...then what this means is you can't stand toe to toe anymore, so by design the barbarian becomes obsolete.

I think its good to have to run away from arcane sentries, and stuff like that, dodging and keeping your wits about you is what makes it challengins--so that's good, but when it becomes so that you can't dps anymore then there's no point in a barbarian. Reroll ranged.