Failed to download a required file post patch

Mac Technical Support
I start up the blizzard downloader after the patch has just installed and i'm getting this message. It's like installation all over again! I've looked at all the trouble shooting solutions on the battle net website and non of them apply to me. Any solutions? Thanks
bump
same issue! it seems to happen every few days where I need to either re-install the game or just not play because it won't update and says connection to internet failure...when it is connected just fine.
bump
Bumpywumpywumpwump
Bump blizz coooomooooon!
I'm having the same issue. It says "failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again."

What do I do?
05/30/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Precursor
I start up the blizzard downloader after the patch has just installed and i'm getting this message. It's like installation all over again! I've looked at all the trouble shooting solutions on the battle net website and non of them apply to me. Any solutions? Thanks

The Blizzard Downloader? Diablo III no longer users this. Are you referring to the launcher?

I'm having the same issue. It says "failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again."

What do I do?

I've only seen this happen on schools/college/work networks that block ports that our games require for updates. Are you connecting from any of these places?
I am also getting failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again."

I work away from home all week, so am logged on from a hotel. This gane is my tension release of an evening after a long day at work.

What am I supposed to do to get the download please?
You could try going to :

http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/NA/

And downloading and installing a new Diablo III.mfil and Diablo III.tfil files.

Unzip then put in the D3 folder.
I am on a college connection but I was able to play the game before the patch. Maybe I should go off campus and try again hopefully it will work? Thanks
Bluspacecow - thanks for the tip, followed your advice and managed to get the download to complete.

Now of course I just get a server busy (error 37) message :(
05/30/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Trang
Now of course I just get a server busy (error 37) message :(

Connecting to the Europe servers ?

Yeah I expected that. American servers had Error 37 issues just after applying the 1.0.2 patch. Europe probably had the same issues with their servers
Hey guys.

I really need some help. i couldnt download the new patch, so i delete game, to reinstall, but now i cant install it again :(

i get the message " Failed to download a required file ( and then a looong file name ). and it says i have to check my internet connection, but i have internet :s

what to do ????
Can you take a screenshot of the error message?

This will help in troubleshooting.
I am also having the same issues descibed in this thread. Shame on you Blizzard. This should be seamless. Folks paid alot of money and invested alot of time.
i too am having this problem i had it once before and no i am not using a college or public network i am using a home network
You could try going to :

http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/NA/

And downloading and installing a new Diablo III.mfil and Diablo III.tfil files.

Unzip then put in the D3 folder.

worked perfectly thanks ily!
Same here. Tried replacing torrent files and still not downloading. I am on public network (hotel). Any help would be appreciated.