To the "I got hacked" posts.

General Discussion
Hey all, I had this issue and originally thought that I got hacked. All my gold an items were gone, yet i was still level 50. Found out the issue, isn't actually a "hacked" more so a server change.

Go into options > Account and change the region to what you were using originally. Sometimes the update changes the server that you use to log in to.

I changed from Europe back to my original "The Americas" and got all of my stuff back.

Reply and let me know if it does/does not work for you.
This is confirmed working for a mate here at school. He logged in and it was set to Europe, had none of his gear, so he changed it back to the Americas and all of his gear was back.
nope i was hacked
Well, still worked for two people so far. :)/
This needs to be bumped
i was hacked, some muppet added me without knowing.
This didn't work for me, sadly. I'm sure it's a real hack since I have several players on my 'recent played' list that I don't know, and I don't play in public games.
I'll give it a shot when I get home from work this evening. I'm hoping that it works. If not, then I'll just go back to being happy with Battlefield 3.
I just got hacked too.Just kidding, I'm not an idiot that goes around downloading gold and item dupes AND I have an authenticator.

You idiots can't help but click on stupid links and keyloggers, you deserve to get hacked.

What exactly is the purpose of coming into a thread that is trying to help people and acting like a jerk?

What exactly is the purpose of coming into a thread that is trying to help people and acting like a jerk?

Some people have p.orn these guys are !@#$s.
Hey all, I had this issue and originally thought that I got hacked. All my gold an items were gone, yet i was still level 50. Found out the issue, isn't actually a "hacked" more so a server change.

Go into options > Account and change the region to what you were using originally. Sometimes the update changes the server that you use to log in to.

I changed from Europe back to my original "The Americas" and got all of my stuff back.

Reply and let me know if it does/does not work for you.

If that would be the case the account would be completely empty, no characters, no nothing.
People are saying they got their characters, but the gear and gold is gone.
05/21/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Conch
You idiots can't help but click on stupid links and keyloggers, you deserve to get hacked.

I don't pirate. I don't visit shady websites. I don't open emails from people I don't know. I update windows as well as my anti-virus and anti-spyware software regularly. I do have a firewall and adblocker and noscript addons for Firefox. I've checked the servers and yes, they are set to the Americas. I don't have a roommate or a brother staying with me to screw around on my account. Yet all my gold and items are gone. Explain that one.
Do you have an Authenticator?
Best advice I can give is download the free authenticator blizzard has for the smart phone or purchase one from them directly. Ever since I was hacked in WoW a few years back it has saved me a ton of heartbreak having this thing.