Comodo is Detecting the virus now

Games & Technology
It will show up as "trojan_bnk win32 keylogger gen Variant E (or) F"

so far from what i can tell their are two variants one that exploits a flaw in Java and another that exploits a flaw in flash

Only Comodo is detecting this

For years ive been using comodo security suite and it still ranks as the highest in tests for many years in a row

if you think your security is good, compare it to this chart on this site

http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge-64/results.php
Right. Some security software I've never heard of is clearly ranked highest in tests. No it's not.
05/24/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Tsukyu
Right. Some security software I've never heard of is clearly ranked highest in tests. No it's not.

Comodo is not a no name company

they are a Root certificate authority they have permission to sell SSL Certs as a root authority ( not third party) only very trusted companies can do this ( none of the other AV vendors have this level of trust even)
bump
up ya go
05/24/2012 01:36 PMPosted by ShakeWeight

they are a Root certificate authority they have permission to sell SSL Certs as a root authority ( not third party) only very trusted companies can do this ( none of the other AV vendors have this level of trust even)

True, it isn't a no-name company

Problem is certs are almost worthless now due to hackers being able to mimic digital signatures and make virus's appear from a trusted source. Heck plenty of firewalls such as Palo Alto decypt and encrypt ssl like there is no tomorrow.

Anyhow an interesting catch for virus, it would be intereresting to see if this is a day0 bug. Maybe Blizzard will investigate and attempt to see if users are indeed catching this bug.
05/24/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Kelathin

True, it isn't a no-name company

Problem is certs are almost worthless now due to hackers being able to mimic digital signatures and make virus's appear from a trusted source. Heck plenty of firewalls such as Palo Alto decypt and encrypt ssl like there is no tomorrow.

Anyhow an interesting catch for virus, it would be intereresting to see if this is a day0 bug. Maybe Blizzard will investigate and attempt to see if users are indeed catching this bug.

you are correct

usually you must be high value target to go out of way to mitm you

ty for response
05/24/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Kelathin

Issue is it appears to be two new variants of an existing keylogger exploiting issues in two software runtimes Blizzard doesn't control, Java and Flash. Only way it could be a Blizzard issue is if their shipping DVD was infected at the source.
That trojan is a FAKE. It is simply one of those malware things...it says you have it and you should run their crap viri scanner which is in fact malware itself.
Comodo is garbage.
With a name like that I was expecting something dirtier to grab everyone's attention.
bumped
05/24/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Tsukyu

What a loser.

Try using Comodo. Itl blow anything you can get for "free" out of the water. hands down.

even the stuff you pay for.