How to fix patch looping - Aussies

Aus/NZ General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
If you go into the agent.db file, you can change a few keystrokes so that it will update for you.

You'll find the file here...
Win7 & Vista is in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent
WinXP is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net\Agent

Just type that link into your Internet Browser and select the Agent database file, then open it with wordpad.You'll be looking for the following sequence:
http://enSG.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

Change it to:
http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

There will be three instances of it, you need to update all of them.
Neither of those locations is even there and yes it keeps telling me to update patch but never does
Well it worked for me, and I'm in Australia. Bought a store copy as opposed to a digital copy.

Are you sure you're looking in the right place for the files/sequences?
The files are hidden. You need to 'unhide' them by going into Control Panel, Appearance, Folder Options, Show Hidden. Then click show hidden files and folders and apply.

Im having the same issues.
I played last night, so mine IS version 1.0.2.9749, but still tells me there is an update, and im stuck in the loop.

PS: These breif instructions are for windows 7
mine is already http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

but still not working...XD
Same.
Yeap, still not working. I would imagine that all the patch servers are bugged at this point. Which is really bull!@#$. Looks like we gonna have to wait it out :(
i changed the file, only one was different in it but either way it made no difference. what i dont understand though is on the main screen in diablo it gives me patch information in CEST which is europe, but on my account it says oceania/US and ingame its set to america
OK, just got mie to work.
The patch is 1.0.2a, which will take you to version 1.0.2.9858

There are infact 3 instances of the http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch, but one of mine was http://enSG.patch.battle.net:1119/patch, changed it to US, and saved, all good.

It is about half way through all the text.

Good luck.
Im in!!!! Cheers ReiJin worked for me!!! WTF. Good luck guys
WORKED JUST FINE !

Thanks a lot ReiJin you're a genius ! :D
IT WORKED THANK !@#$! I use Asia Server and it still worked. THANK YOU VERY MUCH GOOD SIR! AND %^-* YOU BLIZZARD YOU IGNORANT BASTARDS!
I've tryed all possible solutions and my game just doesnt work. Enough is enough, FIX THE DAMN THING FFS. Its not our responsibility to find work arounds for issues such as these.
Where are these files, on imac ?
requested sticky thanks.
I did all the changed but it didnt patch D:
Worked.
update

I did this (only had one instance to replace, and side note: make sure diablo loader isnt running) and then told me that a file was courrpt and i needed to re download it.

I found the file and moved it into another folder.

Ran the game... it re downloaded the file and now I can play!

PROPS TO THE OP!
Again - all you need to do is change the language in game. This will start the patch, then change it back when done.

Better than all that mucking around with files :)
I applied this fix and my game is now patched to 1.02 however I am still getting the loop... bloody pita

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum