"patch required" problem

Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next
k so I can play online on European servers, but as soon as I go back to American servers where all my characters are, it says new patch required. WTF!??!?!
Clicked on the Diablo 3 icon.
Diablo 3 splash screen appears...Initializing...Game is up to date.
Click on Play button.
Logged in.
Game needs to be patched message.
Clicked on OK.
Brings me back to the desktop.
Windows informs me that Diablo has stopped working.
Checked error details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Diablo III.exe
Application Version: 1.0.2.9749
Application Timestamp: 4fb462bd
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16915
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49d10
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00022262
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: c2a8
Additional Information 2: c2a8c718731fef45c93d04acf896c02f
Additional Information 3: 1046
Additional Information 4: 10463fc9252e72b778c1439224ed6900

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Please fix this. I just want to play.

same here. i live in australia. language set on southeast asia and server on americanas.
Let us all put our stool in brown bags set them ablaze and throw them at the front gates.

We shall let them know that our fecal matters!
Playing on The Americas server.
I am using Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition.
Windows service packs are all updated.

Trying to play Diablo 3 is like trying to win the lottery! It's so HARD!!!
Same..
when the launcher reopens I just get a message saying "Diablo 3 is already running"

no patch for me.
Having the same problem stuck in the patch loop....

is there any way we can install the patch manualy? or is it all auto?
And another reason why it's absolutely brainless not allowing local playing. I've wasted so much time trying to play this game it's a leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Last time I ever buy an online only game!!!
Clicked on the Diablo 3 icon.
Diablo 3 splash screen appears...Initializing...Game is up to date.
Click on Play button.
Logged in.
Game needs to be patched message.
Clicked on OK.
Brings me back to the desktop.
Windows informs me that Diablo has stopped working.
Checked error details:

Problem signature:
Application Version: 1.0.2.9749
Application Timestamp: 4fb462bd
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16915
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49d10
Exception Offset: 00022262
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Additional Information 3: 1046
Additional Information 4: 10463fc9252e72b778c1439224ed6900

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Please fix this. I just want to play.

Are you trying to play on the Americas server? If so, it's obvious what the problem is. You do not have client version 1.0.2.9858. I'd be dollars to donuts that your agent files are not set to patch from enUS.
last night, I had this problem as they clumsily patched NA. I was able to play in EU this morning (NA time), BUT, I get home this evening, and what to my surprise, there is ANOTHER patch...I am able to play my NA account, but getting this stupid loop when I try to play my EU account. Apparently, blizzard says they are AWARE of NA players trying to play on EU servers and getting this garbage TWO DAYS AGO, but they dont seem to be doing very much about it.

I am not being dramatic here; Blizzard, get your act together or I am getting my 60$ back and never buying your products again.

Problem signature:
Application Version: 1.0.2.9858
Application Timestamp: 4fbecbcb
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Offset: 000222b2
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Additional Information 3: 46aa
Additional Information 4: 46aad5e624085cf44bbef005f357d7e7
Having the same issues.

Woke up this morning opened D3, enter my login details.

Pop up message "D3 needs to update" yada yada yada, click Ok.

As D3 closes and the launcher pops back up I get a window's error saying D3 has stopped working, check online for solution / close program.

Close program and patcher is just sitting there saying it's all up to date.

Tried EU / Asia servers, same issue on Asia server, EU hasn't been patched yet I assume? I went straight through for EU to character create.

I live in Australia playing on Americas.

same here. i live in australia. language set on southeast asia and server on americanas.

Easy solution. Your client is using the Asian patch server, but you're trying to play on the Americas game server. You either need to manually force the client (via agent/hosts files) to patch from enUS or you could just be patient & wait for Blizzard to roll out the patch to the Asian patch servers. :)
Yeah I am having this issue, joke woke up to play some game.

It looks (from other threads) that this is a common problem. There is even a sticky about it from 2 days ago which makes no sense nor does it make a difference if you try the suggestions.

An answer or solution in a non techie language would be appreciated. I consider myself fairly computer literate, however the whole gamer base is not always as experienced, some people just install and play and expect a game to work which is not unfair, you shouldnt need an IT degree to play a computer game.

Would love someone from Blizzard to take this into accoun and give an answer please
come on blizzard whats going on.. at least do reply on this thread that you guys are looking on it :/
Same! but i heard there is a workaround, create a new user account with an american server..(because i heard the problem is that if you play on an non-american server {EU or ASIA) but you have an american copy and or live in america..it creates some sort of loop.can anybody verify this?
last night, I had this problem as they clumsily patched NA. I was able to play in EU this morning (NA time), BUT, I get home this evening, and what to my surprise, there is ANOTHER patch...I am able to play my NA account, but getting this stupid loop when I try to play my EU account. Apparently, blizzard says they are AWARE of NA players trying to play on EU servers and getting this garbage TWO DAYS AGO, but they seem to be doing very much about it.

I am not being dramatic here; Blizzard, get your act together or I am getting my 60$ back and never buying your products again.

Problem signature:
Application Version: 1.0.2.9858
Application Timestamp: 4fbecbcb
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Offset: 000222b2
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Additional Information 3: 46aa
Additional Information 4: 46aad5e624085cf44bbef005f357d7e7

This is 100% due to the fact that Blizzard staggers their patching among the regions. EU servers don't have the 9858 build on them yet, so your 9858 client can't be played there until Blizzard updates it. I agree that this system is an epic failure for anyone who plays on a server outside the region they live in. Blizzard probably just doesn't give a damn because the % of people who do that is relatively low.
Same problem here, could you please release a snappy patch to fix this or give detailed info so I can. ty
Hi,

I had the same problem but I was able to have it fixed. However I am from Australia but I play on The Americas Servers.

Anyone having the same issue where it tells you to that the game needs a patch and restarts but says its up to date instead will find this very helpful.

go to
1. C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent

2. then open agent.db file with note pad

3. replace http://ensg.patch.battle.net:1119/patch with http://enus.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

there should be only 3 to replace.

hope this helps some of you.