Demon Hunter > DPS than my Barb

Barbarian
Most amazing class ever .

Ive just hit lvl 54 on my DH already Hell Act 2 just about finished ( decided to stop farming act 1 with barb till after next patch )

I had to come and post because anyone who hasnt played a DH or any other ranged class for that matter will be totally amazed if not disgusted at how overpowered compared to barbarians they are .

Now all this power comes at a price , If I stand still and try to tank I die in a matter of seconds, probably 2-3 hits and Im toast .

This is hell act 2 so inferno I can see 1 shot dead .

However .. there are so many tools to avoid getting hit if you build right . And the key is , the dps is so great that you usually kill things within 1 or 2 hits .

Vs elite packs shielded mobs give me trouble too , and since my DH is a glass cannon I pretty much cant kill them most of the time because my avoidance skills run out of power before I can kill them . But Im just a n00b so maybe there is ways to do it that I havent thought of .

I can see my Barbarian being much better at taking on everything , but in Act 2 without decent gear I keep falling short . Whereas my DH I think I will beable to kill elite packs wearing blue items with just Dex alone .

Give my DH some really nice gear and hell I might even beable to take a couple of hits even .

So yeah lvl 54 doing more DPS than my Barb . And I got a new weapon ready for 55 which will double my DPS again . Sick man sick!
A DH's job is to DPS not tank. There is a reason they can only take 1-3 hits in Inferno. They have 3 passives that increase DPS a crap ton.

While a barb can dps, theyre better suited tanking until they have the money to spend on Tanky DPS gear.

You're comparing apples to oranges here.
Your Sharpshooter DPS is quite worthless when you aren't running Nether Tentacles.

L2P.

Wouldnt say its worthless to have increased crit chance which increases with every shot that doesnt crit .

A DH's job is to DPS not tank. There is a reason they can only take 1-3 hits in Inferno. They have 3 passives that increase DPS a crap ton.

While a barb can dps, theyre better suited tanking until they have the money to spend on Tanky DPS gear.

You're comparing apples to oranges here.

So what you are saying is Barbarians arent DPS but they are tanks ?

I always thought a barbarian was DPS that did damage up close instead of at range .

Wait let me see . from game guide .

Barbarian
Stoic warrior who uses tremendous physical strength to crush foes.
<--- ugh my barbarian with high resists and vitality is pissweaksauce

Demon Hunter
Ranged weaponry and shadow manipulation make this vengeful hero an elusive stalker of demons.
<--- Bingo they hit the money on this one
Oh you can get him to DPS but are you willing to spend 30-40m to get him there?

Same thing goes for a DH, if I want him to be tanky and DPSish im going to have to spend.

Its certainly doable but it D3's current state (hopefully to be fixed in 1.03 or .04) it's not worth investing all the money. If you play with friends, your barb is a lot better off absorbing the hits for them.

As for Sharpshooter, its not as great as the numbers show, it fools a lot of people.

If you plan on kiting every single mob then its decent. its great for the first volley on a boss using NT but if you have high enough crit it becomes crap.