Inferno Belial down! Answering questions :)

Monk
Finally took down inferno belial. The kill should have been sooner, but I had to move and lost a few days to it.

Stats:
49,494 HP
26.6% dodge
13% block, 1960-2794 block amount
681 all resists
418 life on hit
7071.43 DPS with Blazing Wrath

Spec: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WjXgYQ!ZXU!ZcbZYc

Feel free to ask anything, I'll help where I can.
Congrats, good feeling isn't it? :)
what are your items like?
05/30/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Druin
Congrats, good feeling isn't it? :)

Indeed. I had a wipe with him down to 100k HP and thought I could finish him off in the duration of a serenity during his aoe. I ended up dying with him around 15k, I was raging.
05/30/2012 02:58 PMPosted by BnsMaster
what are your items like?

I put my stats in the original post, but all of my items are tanky. I have a DPS set I use for act 1 farming that gets me up to 16k dps.
I'm getting there... last time I got him to like 10% hp, thought I finished the LAST green plasma wells all over the place phase, and my latency spikes to over 2k and I die out of nowhere :\

But 7k dps? that must be a LONG fight. I'm going the way of MoC+Overawe and I can make it to phase 3 with little trouble, but dodging the plasma is the hard part for me. Wish me luck!
How do you have 3 defensive skills listed, or do you just alternate? If so, what are the other abilities?
I'm getting there... last time I got him to like 10% hp, thought I finished the LAST green plasma wells all over the place phase, and my latency spikes to over 2k and I die out of nowhere :\

But 7k dps? that must be a LONG fight. I'm going the way of MoC+Overawe and I can make it to phase 3 with little trouble, but dodging the plasma is the hard part for me. Wish me luck!

I swap the blinding flash out for sweeping wind mid-fight, once he goes into the final phase.
05/30/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Recoil
How do you have 3 defensive skills listed, or do you just alternate? If so, what are the other abilities?

Elective Mode lets you do that. Options -> Gameplay and it's in the interface group.
I also beat him yesterday.

I had 26k hp
244 all resist; 410 in cold
16k dps
4800 armor
10% block 3700-4700
32.6% dodge w/o mantra
0 life on hit.
2.53 Attacks per second
with this build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYigjh!ZYX!acZaca
With those stats & build i guarantee you will get 2 shotted in act 3. This is meant for OP the guy above who only just posted has even worse stats.
With those stats & build i guarantee you will get 2 shotted in act 3. This is meant for OP the guy above who only just posted has even worse stats.

I don't usually use that build. For elites and most other things I use DR with keen eye.
I smashed Belial solo w/ Enchantress. 30k hp, ~500 res all, ~50% dodge, 27% block, 21k dps. Act 3 ranged mobs are hitting me for 20-25% of my life though.

(I mention enchantress because mine does 5-6k dmg per shot and attacks roughly 2.5 times per second)
blue u need minimum better stats than you currently have:

12% extra dodge after 3 seconds 1st 3 seconds u need 22% extra dodge mine is 54%
5-7k extra defence
10k extra life
800+ life on hit
and about 500+ all resis then u currently have

and if you think im joking unfortunately im not. But i guess u'll learn after 1st low norm pack in act 3.

sorry to sound harsh but the above is true dr keen eye cannot help the fact that you will be severely undergeared.
OMG ur dps is !@#$! lol that must have taken FOREVER!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5573699686

This is my thread which has finally made me comfortable act 3.
blue u need minimum better stats than you currently have:

12% extra dodge after 3 seconds 1st 3 seconds u need 22% extra dodge mine is 54%
5-7k extra defence
10k extra life
800+ life on hit
and about 500+ all resis then u currently have

and if you think im joking unfortunately im not. But i guess u'll learn after 1st low norm pack in act 3.

sorry to sound harsh but the above is true dr keen eye cannot help the fact that you will be severely undergeared.

I know. Gotten about 1/2 through act 3. Now just camping the AH.

Oh I'm aware. I'm currently working on gearing up for it. I did the first act 3 quest to make sure my quest log wouldn't bug and even normal mobs were trucking me.