Will there ever be an increase in level cap?

General Discussion
I was just wondering if there will ever be an increase in the current level cap? :)
Id imagine when the expansion eventually comes out. But thats a ways off.
It might, but it would only be in an expansion. They wouldn't do something as big as that in a patch.
No, they probably won't, and there's no reason to. The cap was so high in D2 because you needed 20 skill points in various skills for 100% synergy. D3: no skill points, no high level cap needed. Note: they didn't add more levels in LOD.

It's better this way.
Thank you very much. :)

Orion has a point maybe if they increase the number of skills there might be basis for increasing the level cap. :)
No, they probably won't, and there's no reason to. The cap was so high in D2 because you needed 20 skill points in various skills for 100% synergy. D3: no skill points, no high level cap needed. Note: they didn't add more levels in LOD.

It's better this way.

Incorrect.

There will 100% be a level cap increase, and I can prove it.

In the achievements, go to the General tab, and find the 'Prepared for Battle' achievement. It says:

' Equip all inventory slots with items that have a minimum required level of 60 or higher. '

That alone proves that we will eventually have gear over level 60, thus proving the level cap will eventually be raised as well.
Wel since I have been reading about level 63 items it makes sense to increase the level cap.