Bashiok

Hardcore
Ok you posted a sticky about HC, but ever since then you have treated us like we are the ancient, drooling aunt sitting in the corner at the family gathering: you may glance our way once in a while, just to see if we are still breathing, but any more than a quick, furtive peek could reveal more than you hoped to see.

I know we are a smaller community, and that you are only allotted a certain amount of time to interact with the minions, so as community leader/liaison officer/cop you have to be where the action is and cruise down main street, but the side streets are far more interesting & diverse. From what what I have read in your highlighted threads you have to spend the bulk of your time placating whiners. On one thread you posted, reposted, rereposted and rererereposted etc., in fact there you post so often the regulars simply refer to you as Bash. Here, we hardly know ye. Whiners will always whine, any attempt to soothe simply results in louder, more persistent whining.

I understand that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease", so perhaps if we squeaked more, we would receive at least an occasional visit. Mice also squeak. In HC there may be rats, loons, bulls & the occasional one eyed mutt, but you will find no trembling mice amongst our midst.

All I am saying is instead of spending all your thread time with the freshly weaned, tea sipping whiners, how about hanging with the whiskey slugging freaks in HC once in a while. Instead of putting out fires, you could peruse some interesting threads from some of your most well read, loyal and dedicated franchise followers. The "Not-So-Hardcore" thread by Ub3r, comes to mind, where there is a plethora of innovative ideas pertaining to pvp play.

Please visit. None of us bite. Ok....some nibble.

Love,
Your Drooling Aunt
The "Bash" shortened version comes from the old d2 forums, before this one existed. Many of us that read and posted on that forum refer to Bashiok as Bash most likely, and many now probably copied that from us.

I don't think he has enough time to check all subforums. And probably hardcore is just here to let us have a private place, it wasn't around in the first iteration of the forums. Many of us asked for a separate hardcore forum and we got one.

Im guessing the probably have a CM tool that tells them the most viewed, most liked, most reported etc threads for them to look at, and then on the free time they just pick some threads to comments. Bash is a pretty chill and cool guy ( he was in the old forums and here as well), and a Master Troll of level beyond imagining, i guess if he had time he would be around the HC forums.
I have yet to see a post here on the HC forums that really merits a CM reply. The thread you mentioned may have some good ideas, but Blizzard rarely responds to such threads directly, the good idea get sent off to the devs.
06/01/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Deleted
I have yet to see a post here on the HC forums that really merits a CM reply. The thread you mentioned may have some good ideas, but Blizzard rarely responds to such threads directly, the good idea get sent off to the devs.

They just need to fix town-join PKing so we can do public games again. And that's all we need from them in terms of attention :P.
This post is amazingly written. I laughed out loud several times.

Signed,
A Softcore who's thinking of going HC because he's sick of SC whiners complaining the game is impossible when there are plenty of HC players successfully playing. *deep inhale*
Thanks all for your feedback & comments. Thanks Gus for the background information on HC forums. I only joined dII after there was a HC chat room, so in my experience, there had always been one.

Madhatter welcome to HC. Lots of good folks here. If you want some hands on tips when running your first character, just start a new thread, saying you are new to HC, and would like to run with some experienced players....am sure folks will join you. Just one note...you will die.
We bite.

But we expect to be bitten back, so it's all good.