Quote by Wyatt Cheng,

Hardcore
06/07/2012 07:27 AMPosted by DynomiteDave
He will never die, because hardcore isnt hard. Just slower.

If you play it that way.

Fact of the matter is, you can't lose in softcore. With any given playstyle, you will eventually win. Not so in hardcore.

Anyways, I detect a large amount of regret and jelly. Go back to the softcore forums before you make yourself look like more of a fool.
Dave, if you're not here to ask questions like you and your SC buddies were told to do, then gtfo.

Thanks

Devs said to talk to HC to save money for a reason. Because we know how to stay alive and gear up properly.

If you don't care about saving money then it doesn't affect you in which case you don't even need to be in here. So bye.
06/07/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Valentine
Im rolling a HC character right now. He will never die, because hardcore isnt hard. Just slower.

i believe it was gregory house, who after playing diablo 3 kept telling his team that 'everybody dies.'

I have never seen a better post in any forum I've ever viewed.
The fact that softcore carebears can deathzerg gives it a certain stigma - 'OH LOOK, I CAN GLASS CANNON AND JUST DEATHZERG FOR THE WIN! NO *&^% GIVEN!'

Its not the players fault they can deathzerg content, its the devs. Just like farmable chests, goblins, and zultan Kulle powerlvling which invalidates the majority of hardcore "skill" besides inferno progression, which is still fairly exploitable too.

These things are all part of the game, which is Dan's point if I am catching it correctly. Deathzerg'ing is just another exploitable oversight of the game just like the kulle powerleveling you see in HC. It is no different really. Neither requires any amount of skill, just time. There are tons of very legitimate HC players out there though like Katabasis, Cat, and myself to name a few. Hopefully a few patches later and we will see the true intended nature of the game as things like deathzerg and powerleveling lose some of their luster.

I will say this though...anyone can finish Hell on SC given enough time. I don't believe this to be true in HC. The actual fear of consequence makes HC a more difficult game mode...period.
Yea, and hardcore makes you special. Ok. Stack resist/vit roll barbs and monks all day k. Im playing HC too, I have in every Arpg Ive ever played. It doesnt make you special, or a better gamer to farm lower lvl content and stack defense instead of offense.

Its simply a different mode of play. Its not even that hard. I can count on 1 hand the amount of characters Ive lost in HC since d2, and thats through TL, HGL, and PoE. Thats including the 3 that died to insect swarm bug in HGL.

Just saying, get off your high horse. Its not any harder, just slower. SC was where the pvp and money is/was. Saying SC ppl are lesser players or lack tactics, which are gamebreaking enough to warrant patches, is stupid and shortsighted.

i love this guy.

he explains the exact mindset of all hardcore players. they act like they're the elite gamers because they play a game that requires nothing but grinding things you out-gear so you can go tho the next place that you out-gear to grind for the next area, which, by that point, you'll also out-gear.

it's a time-sink and nothing more. you're not more skilled because you have more patience or less of a life outside the game, sorry.
Yeah that quote was awesome. Throwing corpses at bosses should not be a way to play this game. Its sad that people have made it that far in inferno SC by doing so.
I hope it costs these mother!@#$ers a 100K gold a death, minimum. A million a death would be more appropriate.

These things are all part of the game, which is Dan's point if I am catching it correctly. Deathzerg'ing is just another exploitable oversight of the game just like the kulle powerleveling you see in HC. It is no different really. Neither requires any amount of skill, just time. There are tons of very legitimate HC players out there though like Katabasis, Cat, and myself to name a few. Hopefully a few patches later and we will see the true intended nature of the game as things like deathzerg and powerleveling lose some of their luster.

I will say this though...anyone can finish Hell on SC given enough time. I don't believe this to be true in HC. The actual fear of consequence makes HC a more difficult game mode...period.

You almost have to deathzerg on SC. Progression is mandatory if you ever want to have anything. The economy is already junked, and if you arent farming act 3/4/pony lvl, then you basically might as well quit the game. This leads to having to force farm high content your gear cant support or spend months grinding gold to buy 1 super gold bot inflated item. Your only course of action is real money, or deathzerging as much high lvl content as possible to get a huge piece to effectively trade off.

I would say SC is a little worse off in that respect compared to power lvling HC, which will start to present its own economic problems soon enough, since ppl can force farm inferno to an extent that floods the market with at least act 1/2 items. And it cheapens the entire point of HC.

Ive played a lot of HC. I dont hate on HC, but some of the "skilled" players think way too highly of themselves when they cant even stay alive. Congrats to actual ppl who did, but Reroll zergers flaunting themselves as HC players are usually the most vocal group, the ones I love to say "Rip" to. My last character on poe was Tard_Lulz_at_dead_noobs, because thats all gen chat was flooded with was "RIP'.

Of course I broke out into "Go rest high on that Noob mountain, lay your terrible HC skills to rest"

Honestly, I can only think that powerleveling will improve our economy. There are currently very few people farming inferno, and this is only causing random blue 600+ DPS weapons to cost over 2million gold. Thats a !@#$ load of money for 1 %^-*ty blue weapon. People can power level all they want to 60, they are still going to die.
If I find out anybody in my HC public games used to play SC I try to kill them, we don't need that trash in our Community.
Our goal is the next time a player is graveyard zerging a boss, it should occur to them that “this is probably not an efficient way to go about things”. We’re currently evaluating repair costs between 4x and 6x their current values. In the face of increasing costs, we recommend listening to the Hardcore players out there as they probably have some helpful advice on how to minimize repair costs.

Get owned SC!

At least we don't #!@%* around, farming defenseless Goblins.
06/07/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Harris
If I find out anybody in my HC public games used to play SC I try to kill them, we don't need that trash in our Community.

What the ****? God damn. How do you think a community grows? SC players who realize inferno is retarded and want a real challenge should be welcomed into the community.

06/07/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Nightbreeze
At least we don't #!@%* around

Plenty of SC players avoid fights. Not to mention corpse hopping past fights or dragging into a corner and dying.

The state of HC inferno is kind of sad right now I';; admit, but 1.03 will probably address that when people can start farming A3/4 hell for i61 instead of doing goblin runs.
i love this guy.

he explains the exact mindset of all hardcore players. they act like they're the elite gamers because they play a game that requires nothing but grinding things you out-gear so you can go tho the next place that you out-gear to grind for the next area, which, by that point, you'll also out-gear.

it's a time-sink and nothing more. you're not more skilled because you have more patience or less of a life outside the game, sorry.

Great, glad you feel that way, now go back to SC and the SC forums where you and that attitude belong. Kthxbye
06/07/2012 10:09 AMPosted by TheMediator
What the ****? God damn. How do you think a community grows? SC players who realize inferno is retarded and want a real challenge should be welcomed into the community.

Go open up the borders in Texas while you're at it. People who switch to HC after getting to 60 and learning all the boss fights have unfair advantages over us TRUE gamers.
6 time increase in repair cost will only make SC players more farm. I suggest like it was in Diablo 1:
- when u die - u drop ur gear on the ground.
- that will make sc players more cautious and make them spend more gold/money on AH
- ???
- profit!
06/07/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Ubersnus
- when u die - u drop ur gear on the ground.

This is such a good idea. It would actually discourage death... at least in multiplayer games, where people could gank your gear. Still, it's a good start. Blizz, get on it!
You've been trolled! Drawing any conclusion that one group of players is better then the other is small minded. My fellow HC community members let's withdraw ourselves from these discussions and focus our energy on more productive conversations.

I personally find HC more enjoyable and I think as this game ages more and more people will roll HC toons. The economy stays fresh and the fact that you can and most likely will die means that eventually you will have to start a new character. This doesnt happen in SC, what else is there to do after you hit 60 and equip all slots with GG gear?
I actually like HC Russ. I just dont like the majority of gamers who cant even do HC themselves and think just because they roll up the 15th monk corpse, they are somehow good. You area good HC player when you dont reroll. If a ladder was in this game, it would show you just how bad the majority really are. No room to brag.

oh, i have no problem with HC, just the certain people who play HC who think they are that much better at the game than everyone else because they do.

the modest people who play HC i have no problem with. i was actually thinking about grinding to 60 on HC just to do it, it's just that the overall gameplay isn't something i'd want to spend countless hours on.

06/07/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Harris
Go open up the borders in Texas while you're at it. People who switch to HC after getting to 60 and learning all the boss fights have unfair advantages over us TRUE gamers.

and this is the epitome of what i mean. this kid's probably never gotten to act 4 hell on HC yet he's the god amongst insects because he plays HC. it's laughable, really.