Linux / Wine issues

Technical Support
Prev 1 5 6 7
thanks for the region setting reply when having no heroes with wine
scared me a bit since there was character creation .

did get "banned" or locked acount for suspicious behavior
i went from linux us region login with no heroes ->scared
back to windows to see and play
crashed on windows afther playing and read about it here on the region setting
back to linux region changed apply > login <acount blocked>

but this got resetted afther some verification and played fine and stable sofar
worked like a charm sofar so won't need to reboot anymore
Just a question, but I've been following this thread and got Diablo 3 running great in PoL with Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit... Problem is, after seeing the thread about people being banned for using Linux, now I'm worried..

Has anyone here been banned yet? Although, I'm unfamiliar with the banning process, maybe the banned people would be unable to post here too?
I've been running exclusively on wine since closed beta and haven't been banned. I think the people that were banned were more than likely doing something suspicious. (I could be wrong of course).
I got Diablo III the other day and installed with the latest wine 1.5.12 (the AcceptEx
patches are in mainline now) compiled from source.

Launching Diablo 3 with

setarch i386 -3 -L -B -R wine "Diablo III.exe" -opengl -launch -locale enUS

I get to the login screen but when I try to login I get to "Authenticating credentials"
and then receive "error 11007".

I found that vcrun2008 should be installed to avoid this and it has been all along.

Running
C2D E8400
4 GB RAM
Nvidia GT220
Debian Lenny i386 (32 bit)
Linux 2.6.26 686 (32 bit)

Any ideas?
07/25/2012 10:12 AMPosted by kantlivelong
I've been running exclusively on wine since closed beta and haven't been banned. I think the people that were banned were more than likely doing something suspicious. (I could be wrong of course).

I had the same "Banned" issue swapping from playing D3 in Windows to D3 in Ubuntu 12.04 last week. From what I gathered battle.net see's the change in operating systems as malicious/suspicious activity. So basically it looks to b-net servers like someone is using your account on an unrecognized system. The situation was easily remedied through account verification channels.

It does bring up the question "Are people who swap from Windows to Linux OS "suspicious individuals"? (I too, could be wrong of course). lol'ing all the way to Act 4...
A friend got banned because he was using wine, and after 2 automated responses his case is closed and they won't even answer to him anymore.
He has a !@#$ty account: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Marmotte-2840/hero/12299804
How could that be the account of a cheater/botter or anything seriously? :(.
I'm really disgusted.
Just got a wine update today.
wine --version
wine-1.5.24

OS = Kubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
I've been playing for many months now mostly error free. All of a sudden today after wine update my computer totally freezes, nothing works, requires power down to recover. This usually happens just as some character in the game starts to talk.

Any one experiencing this?

I may downgrade my wine to previous version to confirm wine is the problem.
Reverted to
wine --version
wine-1.5.23

All is OK now. I'm skipping wine-1.5.24 and waiting for the next update.
Reverting wine to the previous version is not the easiest thing to do. Lucky for me I had the previous version in my /var/cache/apt/archives directory. You can check like this:
ls /var/cache/apt/archives|grep wine
If you have a previous version here is how you revert:

dpkg -r wine1.5 wine1.5-i386:i386 wine1.5-amd64 q4wine

As you can tell my processor is 64bit actually I have an i7, so you may need to modify this command to suit your situation.

Once wine is removed without any errors then you just need to reinstall from the /var/cache/apt/archives. Or if you didn't have the previous version saved you will need to download it and install the deb packages from the download directory.

This is all one line:
dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/wine1.5_1.5.23-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb /var/cache/apt/archives/wine1.5-amd64_1.5.23-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb /var/cache/apt/archives/wine1.5-i386_1.5.23-0ubuntu1_i386.deb

Then I had to reinstall q4wine:
sudo apt-get install q4wine

As you can see I reverted from wine-1.5.24 to wine-1.5.23