35 Small Improvements for Diablo 3

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 76 Next
+1 awesome
05/30/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Matthest
22) As an Auction House user, I want to be able to have ascending/descending orders by stat in the Auction House UI so that I can better find an item I want.

OH PLEASE BLIZZARD THIS IS A MUST!
@Bashiok, regarding item 22: Assuming that Blizzard uses Windows computers and further uses Outlook for email, open your outlook window, go to your main inbox, click on any of the headers at the top: From, Recieved, Size, Subject, etc. See that it sorts by asc or desc order as you click. Now, RIGHT-CLICK on any of those and click on Field Chooser, you can now add and remove fields from a list of many options to refine how you want to sort your email. Finally, move your mouse between two fields, onto the dark line, click and drag, you may adjust the size of any field as you wish.

Do this for the auction house search and you will have so many happy people you won't believe it.

Did you just type all that out from memory?
Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions Bash! This restores some faith for me in the game and that big issues are being addressed!

I know you guys are working on balancing things but one suggestion a friend of mine made that seemed to solve alot of problems is

reduce damage done by all mobs in inferno (maybe not bosses) but give them WAY more HP...

solves barbs/monks problems of dying so fast and might let them spec a little offensive versus pure defense right now.

It also makes ranged DPS harder since they have to kite longer meaning more room for error and chance to die.
34) As a max level player, I want an option to skip all cutscenes/dialogue so that I don't have to constantly press the spacebar to advance in the current game flow.

If you hit Esc during any 'forced' conversations, cutscenes, etc. you can skip right through them. We think it works pretty well. I'd be open to hearing any specific issues it's causing, though.

I think the OP is referring to other forced conversations, such as the Tyrael-Imperius argument just before you fight Iskatu. You have to sit there for a good 30 seconds listening to them before the portal opens up without any way to exit the sequence.
Posted by Bashiok
If you hit Esc during any 'forced' conversations, cutscenes, etc. you can skip right through them. We think it works pretty well. I'd be open to hearing any specific issues it's causing, though.

What were trying to say Bashiok is when you play 8-10-12-16 hours a day and are running the same act/instance/area/then boss over and over it becomes annoying and slow to every time have to esc esc esc esc as fast as you can to begin the fight... Not having a quick animation cut scene for all fights once at max level more interferes then really helps.. this is why an option to remove cutscenes/talking would be amazing.

By removing the full scene maybe implement a fast cut scenes option that would really smooth out the game play at 60 and just play mini cut scenes quick for each regular cutscene... Make it quick and fluid. At 60 you shouldnt have to wait every time you wanna kill diablo/belial/butcher... really anything with a cut scene till you hit esc esc esc and then click

OK IM READY!

Right now the experience at 60 could be streamlined by implementing fast cut scenes.

We are ready... We have only killed this boss/pack 200000 times before :X
06/01/2012 01:33 PMPosted by playerp228
How dare he respond to all the suggestions.

I rofled.
Thank you very much Bash! That was an awesome response.

I was wondering if there was anyway to get a list of bugs that are going to be fixed in the patch. I know you cannot put things in there that have not been fully tested, but could we get a list of what has been tested? Kind of like the way patch notes are posted when a new WoW build goes to the test server (at least they used to be when I played years ago).

I ask for this because I think it would go a long way to calming the people around here.

Thanks again for the very informative response.
There has been some incredibly useful, constructive input on this forum. This topic and others. What I am curious about is if any of this is being SERIOUSLY incorporated in the next patch releases. The earlier patches thus far have touched upon minor things relatively speaking. I'd like to think some of bigger issues will be responded to eventually in a patch versus an expansion a couple of years from now. Are the bigger issues or hot topics like item availability/drops, game mechanics, scalabilty, etc being considered as well? Aside from addressing much needed stability issues and minor tweaks, the patches thus far have done little that impacts playability over the the long haul. I've read there will be a couple of crafting changes and "spikey damage" addressed in the next upcoming patch. Anything else that is major?
PHEW! Well, again, thanks for compiling that, thanks to everyone for your continued feedback. There's a lot here we're already aware of, working on, or have already implemented in a patch, and I realize there are a fair amount of other concerns not covered here that are also being addressed. We'll have some additional information on upcoming patches and improvements in the weeks ahead. Keep cool.

I don't think it's possible to express how incredibly rewarding reading both the OP and Blue was without sounding like I'm trying to become some sort of surrogate man-mother to either of their children. So instead, if either of you are in Washington state at some point, let me know, I'll buy you a beer.

And of course, keep being the incredible baus' that you are.

Also, someone get this OP an MVP title, please.
Now, As a player I would like to know when 1.03 is slated for release!
Very nice list of most the things that could be fixed, and nice to see a well thought out response
I just want to reiterate how important I think #28 is (personal chat channels / rooms)

This is an online game to play with friends, even if we're not in the same game together. Many times something happens that would be fun to share, but we can't share....

For example, when the Templar says "GLORIOUS!!" and the next kill drops a "Glorious Amulet" it's kinda funny and would be fun to share, but the only people I can share that with are everyone in the General channel, or nobody at all.

It gives a disconnected feeling... like an online game that's not really online.

15) As a player, I want to see what difficulty my friends are playing so that I can know if I'll be interested in joining them.

Doesn't it already do that?

20) As a player, I want the game to automatically hit my next-best-potion type when I'm out of my current potion type so that I don't have to reassign it during a long fight.

I don't really like this, I feel like it's too automatic.

23) As a player, I want a "build saver" so that I can easily change between builds rather than trying to remember them.

OH MY GOD YES

25) As an advanced player, I want to be able to move, scale, or hide any UI element so that I can make the UI convey me information in a more customized fashion.

You said small...

32) As a ranged player, I want invulnerable minions to not block projectiles so that I can actually kill an invulnerable minion pack. (More of an opinionated one :-P)

Eh I disagree with this one, it kinda takes away from the game...

Other than that, these suggestions are pretty good and I would love to see them implemented.
34) As a max level player, I want an option to skip all cutscenes/dialogue so that I don't have to constantly press the spacebar to advance in the current game flow.

I think the OP is referring to other forced conversations, such as the Tyrael-Imperius argument just before you fight Iskatu. You have to sit there for a good 30 seconds listening to them before the portal opens up without any way to exit the sequence.

Hit space bar, people.

Space bar skips ALL dialogue, if it has the box or if it just over the head banter.

Can we at least get rid of the Confirmation Box after pressing escape / space bar?

Even when we skip the ingame cutscenes, it seems to continue for a few seconds or so, seemingly to the end of the current sentence or event before control is returned to the player and the camera is reset. THAT'S the big deal, it would be nice if that transition was instant.
Thanks for responding. This definitely makes me feel better about the game and the direction that it is headed (and I already felt pretty good about the game, so even more so). But there is one thing I don't really understand. You mentioned a couple times that you (the whole team, not you personally) were fighting options bloat. I'm not sure I entirely understand why. I get not wanting it all on that first options page when people open it up and take a look as soon as they get the game, but I would certainly like an Advanced or Extra section for all the options. I know this won't and shouldn't be as crazy customizable as World of Warcraft (you should have seen my WoW UI. it was a thing of beauty. Terrible, terrible, cluttered beauty), but I would like just a few more options available.
Really nice indeed.Im glad that i can see such posts of constructive feedback and also the sincere answers. Good job OP and Good job Blizz for listening and working on issues.