Diablo 3 Freezes Computer (Only Recently)

Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next
same issue persists today. Blizzard, please do sth about it, i can't play the game.
wonder how to fix it , cant play the game if it keeps hang
Adding my name to the list. Same issues as everyone here. Been worse since last patch.

-Checked all drivers are up to date
-Checked CPU and Video card temps are normal
-Manually opened ports in my router
-Checked video card is supported
-Ran diagnostics, no problems found

I fail to see why it would be my system really. The problem only occurs in this game and seems to be random.

Looks more like a bad Internet communication between the comp and Blizz servers. As if the game shut-down the communication ports with the servers at some random point. This leads me believe a programming diagnostic would be beneficial, and that, only Blizz can do it.
Quick question, if any of you are running Windows 7 let me know if the Action Center (the little flag down near the time) has a "check for problems" or something similar and let me know what it says.

Mine reported:

Windows was temporarily unable to read your hard disk drive. We don't know the exact cause of the problem. In most cases, this type of condition is momentary and doesn't indicate a serious problem, but sometimes it means that a hard disk is failing.

You may have multiples there and one may say a potential problem with Memory/RAM, check each one.

I did solve my problem and don't worry, your HDD/SSD is not failing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5621026745
This is absolute BULLSH1T...

There is nothing wrong with my brand new pc.
There is nothing wrong with my clean slate software.
There is nothing wrong with my up-to-date drivers.

I had no issues playing D3 prior to your patch release. Everyone can pull their hair out looking for common denominators of software/hardware combinations, but at the end of the day - the 'most common' and clear denominator is YOUR PATCH!

FIX IT BLIZZARD!
Just had my ticket status changed to "resolved" by blizz, with the canned response of

"We understand how valuable your time is and how important your concern is however we feel your question can be quickly addressed if you view our knowledge base which has your specific issues listed in detail or the forums which is also loaded with valuable information which can be located at: <http://us.battle.net/support/en/games/diablo3/gameplay-support>"

Tried everything on the support site, the game is still crashing my system within 5 minutes of starting, every time. I have spent the last 3 days testing and eliminating as many possibilities as I can and the only thing left that could be causing the issues is the game itself. I would really love to hear some acknowledgement of the problem from blizz and assurance they're looking for a solution other than to direct us to the support site and tell us the issue is "resolved."
if you're using a nvidia videocard try using drivers 295.73. I know you shouldn't have to use old drivers, but blizzard is not fixing the problem right now. these drivers worked for me.
thanks for the suggestion, didn't work for me though. getting pretty frusterated here.
I just had to try it anyway inspite of what previous posts say but reinstalling everything including windows did not work for me. My computer continues to crash. All systems supposedly healthy and compatible. But start D3 --> crash again. Sigh. What the heck is in that patch?
Ok well, i've had this issue for a while now, and i've noticed it every time they bring a new patch in, the game locks up completely and i have to hard restart it.

So basically i have the eu and us client available to me, i've installed them one after the other and still the game freezes after each patch.

It's hard to explain really, when it did this the first time i installed the eu client and it worked fine. Since the 1.02b patch it started freezing again so i just deleted the eu client and installed the us client, and now it works fine?

I have no explanation as to why it does it, and yes it sucks that i have to reinstall every time they patch, but it's the only fix i've found since my pc is fine and temperatures are normal.

Just try it, you never know :)
I've have the same issue since 1.02 came out as everyone else. With the most recent update I can't even get through authenitcation without it freezing my entire machine and requiring a hard reboot. It's very frustrating and ruining the entire experience. I've never experienced a game with so many bugs, pathetic.
Happens to me too... very randomic...

I play also starcraft2 without any problems.

Today it freeze up with looping sound, but with ctrl alt del i was able to close the application and go back to desktop. Surely there is a bug on the game.
spesc
quad core 2.6 4gb ram hd 6850
yup, exact same problem, started today

comp specs -
==========================

-Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit
-gateway
-Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz
-4GB ram
-Geforce GTX 550 Ti
Yeah. Same. Random freezes. Hard reboot required =(

Windows 7 64
AMD Quad Phemn II 3.2
HIS Turbo hd4850
8 gigs ddr3
usb vaporizer

Started on last update.. Fix please.
My computer freezes when I click the 'Play' button. This only happens when a patch is issued. It's also affected the WoW launcher as well.
06/07/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Vexatia
My computer freezes when I click the 'Play' button. This only happens when a patch is issued. It's also affected the WoW launcher as well.

This seems like a separate issue from the one discussed in this thread. You might try starting your own thread about it, or looking for similar threads.
Mine has also done the same things as others posted in here before patched played every day for least 2 hrs straight at night now 5-10 min in and i freeze. Haven't even tried to play since and wouldn't you know no problems with comp.
Exact same looping and freezing problem here, started 5/31/12. After 50 hours of gameplay with this problem never happening, it has suddenly been happening many times each day. At first I thought it was my router, because it did die on me, but now I am plugged right into a brand new modem. A couple seconds before it freezes, character will still attack with no effect and then the sound and picture hang with no way to get out except cycle the power.
06/07/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Table7

This seems like a separate issue from the one discussed in this thread. You might try starting your own thread about it, or looking for similar threads.

Sorry. My mistake. I thought this thread was about computers freezing up when you try to play D3.