Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
06/08/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Alamyst
While we understand that this creates an extra step for players during the login process, we believe this added layer of account protection will help foster a safer auction house environment for all of our players

Why is it that my bank and ebay can protect my information without an added step from myself but Blizzard is unable to?

Ummm...they can't. Maybe for you they have, but ask the thousands and thousands of people who've had their accounts hacked. Be it bank, ebay, whatever. It happens EVERYWHERE.
06/08/2012 10:19 AMPosted by tetra
Give us authenticators for free if you want to make money off us then!

DAMN STRAIGHT!
Blizzard, do you see how many !@#$% are complaining about free additional service of protection you are providing? Well, keep that in mind when you decide whether or not to listen to complaints of those ^-*!@ about the game's mechanics, difficulty, etc. Because they are #$%^- and they will always complain. It's their nature.
Something I feel I should point out to all the people complaining about the cost of the authenticator. On the manufacturer's website, these sell for 12.99 euros. That equates to around $17. That means if Blizzard didn't have to pay shipping on these, and could just get them to you for no cost to themselves, they would be losing 11 dollars. Now, if we assume that the $6.50 is the shipping cost, that means Blizzard is losing $17 per authenticator. So, this is not some evil scheme to scam you out of even more money.
06/08/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Alamyst
While we understand that this creates an extra step for players during the login process, we believe this added layer of account protection will help foster a safer auction house environment for all of our players

Why is it that my bank and ebay can protect my information without an added step from myself but Blizzard is unable to?

For those that think bank accounts are so secure
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/04/23/bank-accounts-hacked-chase-global-payments/
The least you could do is give us some kind of in-game compensation for buying an authenticator. How about 1 mil gold? that sounds reasonable.
No it doesn't. Blizzard is a massive company buying in bulk through contract. GTFO.

Alright. so the numbers I posted are incorrect, but the point still stands that unless Blizz is getting them for a very low amount, and is paying less then $6.50 for shipping, they are still losing money. Also, telling someone to GTFO for disagreeing with you and making a slight error, how mature.
Well this is truly stupid.
So I have pay for a tool that lets me pay for items?
06/08/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Alamyst
Ummm...they can't

Very good response. It will give me decades of thoughtful reflection.

I am unaware of what banking facilities you use, but my bank has a security guarantee. Also, in the unlikely event my account is compromised with them, the bank, will return the full portion of the money that was in my account. Notice they return the full amount, not what was in there a day or weeks ago.
My bank is rated with the FDIC as one of the safest banks in all of America. Go do a little research maybe?

Ebay, an auction house is very secure statistically. As they already have a system in place to detect when a user logs in on a different IP then normal. This allows for them to detect fraudulent charges if the case occurs and again statistically that is rare.

Is your bank a game by chance? LMAO. Also, when did I say I used a bad bank?? What an assumption. My ebay or bank accounts have never been hacked. But you asked why banks and ebay didn't have problems? They do. Regardless of if it's happened to you or me.
06/08/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Alamyst
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/04/23/bank-accounts-hacked-chase-global-payments/

Neither this website or the man writing it is credible in my opinion.

But you are, that's for sure.

Ummm...they can't. Maybe for you they have, but ask the thousands and thousands of people who've had their accounts hacked. Be it bank, ebay, whatever. It happens EVERYWHERE.

I am unaware of what banking facilities you use, but my bank has a security guarantee. Also, in the unlikely event my account is compromised with them, the bank, will return the full portion of the money that was in my account. Notice they return the full amount, not what was in there a day or weeks ago.
My bank is rated with the FDIC as one of the safest banks in all of America. Go do a little research maybe?

Ebay, an auction house is very secure statistically. As they already have a system in place to detect when a user logs in on a different IP then normal. This allows for them to detect fraudulent charges if the case occurs and again statistically that is rare.

Also I fixed your "quote" of what I said. Since you left out the bulk of my response the first time around.
06/08/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Alamyst

Neither this website or the man writing it is credible in my opinion.

Sorry, if they aren't credible how about forbes?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2012/04/03/global-payments-data-breach-exposes-card-payments-vulnerability/
06/08/2012 01:03 PMPosted by xbobx
yes it does

Where is it bro?

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7338/21371992.jpg
06/08/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Alamyst
Ummm...they can't

Blizzard don't want to give YOU money because YOU can't keep your account not being hacked. Thus authenticator. The reason they can give you those guarantees are most likely because they bring in that ensurance somewhere else from you. Perhaps you have a more expensive service than I do etc etc. It's not rocket science. It's economy.

If your bank doesn't have any authenticator attached to your debit card it is not as safe as banks who has authenticators. It's as simple as that. If you try to convince me otherwise then you are hitting a brick wall.

The reason your bank doesn't have authenticators is because they attract lazy !@# customers like you by not having authenticators. I can't buy anything online or make bank transactions without using my authenticator. I chose my bank because it was the safest bank in my country. I pay nothing for my account and my visa card is free. What do you pay for your service?