Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
the real money auction house fee is only $1, not 15%

authenticators make sense
They already sell authenticators at cost stop the QQ
good luck with the auction house blizzard when bots are farming millions of gold an hr
hmm if you buy an authenticator I hope you plan on waiting a few weeks for it to even be shipped. I ordered one on the 25th and the order just says processed.
Don't want to pay for shipping?

Don't have a smartphone?

Emulate android on your PC and run it that way!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/713865-How-to-get-Battle-net-Mobile-Authenticator-COMPLETELY-free

I don't have a computer! Blizzard expects us to buy a computer to play this game?? I am OUTRAGED!

Seriously though, this is a well needed and reasonable policy. I'm tired of seeing countless threads about people getting hacked, especially when they didn't take all the necessary precautions to secure their account.

If you really can't afford to spend $6 (or whatever trivial extra amount it is if you live outside the states) on an authenticator (if you absolutely insist on not using the smartphone app - yes almost all of you have smartphones, or setting up Android emulation if you're still using a 2 lb Nokia), then what are you doing spending ten times that amount on a video game?
Don't want to pay for shipping?

Don't have a smartphone?

Emulate android on your PC and run it that way!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/713865-How-to-get-Battle-net-Mobile-Authenticator-COMPLETELY-free

I don't have a computer! Blizzard expects us to buy a computer to play this game?? I am OUTRAGED!

Seriously though, this is a well needed and reasonable policy. I'm tired of seeing countless threads about people getting hacked, especially when they didn't take all the necessary precautions to secure their account.

If you really can't afford to spend $6 (or whatever trivial extra amount it is if you live outside the states) on an authenticator (if you absolutely insist on not using the smartphone app - yes almost all of you have smartphones, or setting up Android emulation if you're still using a 2 lb Nokia), then what are you doing spending ten times that amount on a video game?
You should have a choice and not be penalized because blizzard doesn't wanna listen to any more stupid people who got their accounts stole,does not matter if you have a smartphone and if it is even free for you.But then again you have to get use to stupid people messing everything up for the rest.
blizzard: fix money before you fix game.
06/08/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Synvul
Is there a place we can buy an authenticator in person? Not really into buying in an e-shop at the moment without the added security.

This was actually remarkably clever.
You can always use an android emulator to run an authenticator if you don't have a smartphone.
Authenticator is free for iPhone and Andriod.

It is also free on Windows via Windows Authenticator which is the same thing.

http://code.google.com/p/winauth/
The hate this is receiving is insane, thanks blizzard for the authenticator to help protect our accounts
I love all these people saying it's to "protect our accounts". Like, if someone was to fall for a phishing scam, they would, regardless. How does needing an authenticator make the RMAH more safe? It's not saying anything about SPENDING money already in the battle.net account. If you had money in there to begin with, and you were hacked, this money could have always been stolen. Why does the introduction of the RMAH all of the sudden make authenticator protection more valid? If anything, you should have to have an authenticator to SPEND any money in your account (as it stands now, it doesn't. You can have $1000 in there, and, if account was stolen, lose it.)

What I'm getting at, is that if Blizzard wants to slap an authenticator on every account, why not just make it mandatory and be done with it. You'll stop all phishing problems with ease. HONESTLY, would the loss of sending every account w/o an authenticator an authenticator, covering the S&H really lose Blizzard more money than they do paying CS reps to retrieve and fix lost and hacked accounts? The answer is that they wouldn't, so why not be done with it already. This pusy-footing around is really insulting to the player-base.

TL;DR, if you're eventually going to make authenticators required in the future, just give one to everyone now and be done with it.
wow its called the call in authenticator if you have any phone available its free look it up lmao smartphone is ftw can you spend a few min of research you will find it
06/09/2012 12:43 AMPosted by CryMeAReaver
wow its called the call in authenticator if you have any phone available its free look it up lmao smartphone is ftw can you spend a few min of research you will find it

the inconvenience of having server problems in a single player game is enhanced by your suggestion.
Ah so to use this feature we have to pay for an authenticator in order to give 15% commission to blizzard on sales.

Interesting.

Exactly why they should give the authenticators for free. They'll be taking some money from RMAH anyways, might as well take a small loss on authenticators and get more people using it.

They do it's a free app for Android / IPhone...