Real-Money AH Battle.net® Terms of Use Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next

Im not the one ruining the game economy.. I'm just a casual player in act 2 inferno.. I just don't think it should be REQUIRED to buy an authenticator to use the RMAH. I already paied 60$ for the game that is unbalanced..

you can download an android emulator and get the free app ...

But that defeats the purpose of the App.

The reason the Authenticator works as well as it does it because it's not connected to the same computer that's compromised.
Can't say I'm surprised to see all the people complaining in response. Bunch of babies on this message board. Guess what? Life isn't fair. You can play by the rules or not play.

Thanks, Blizzard, for taking our real money seriously. Authenticators are the way to go, without a doubt.

Because it's not required to play the game. RMAH is optional, so is the authenticator. See how that works?

Yes, I'm already being asked to pay more to use an advertised feature. I definitely see how that works.

you dont has t...

WTF, the RMAH launches in 4 days. It takes 8-10 days for authenticator to ship. Thanks for the adequate heads up by the competent d3 devs. This is bull!@#$ by the time I get my authenticator my gold and items would have dropped in so much value since the first day of RMAH launch.

Also this post doesn't address paypal. Can I use sell items to paypal without an authenticator?

and if you can't infer it, no I don't have a smartphone, and no I'm not downloading an unofficial emulator from a sketchy %^- site.

it is not unofficial emulator. the OFFICIAL android emulator of google is FREE !, and you download from de OFFICIAL webside of android ..
Android and iPhone are free.

Assuming you have a smartphone.

Having to pay for a smartphone AND a data plan isn't exactly my definition of free.

that is why i said assuming you have a smartphone. i would hope no one ran out to buy one just for the free authenticator. :-P

Yes, I'm already being asked to pay more to use an advertised feature. I definitely see how that works.

you dont has t...

WTF, the RMAH launches in 4 days. It takes 8-10 days for authenticator to ship. Thanks for the adequate heads up by the competent d3 devs. This is bull!@#$ by the time I get my authenticator my gold and items would have dropped in so much value since the first day of RMAH launch.

Also this post doesn't address paypal. Can I use sell items to paypal without an authenticator?

and if you can't infer it, no I don't have a smartphone, and no I'm not downloading an unofficial emulator from a sketchy %^- site.

it is not unofficial emulator. the OFFICIAL android emulator of google is FREE !, and you download from de OFFICIAL webside of android ..

Google has been known to spy on people, and you trust them??
@Jable

Irony...because the easiest way to get hacked on D3 is without an authenticator. RMAH or not.

And its funny how my account hasn't been hacked.

Lol, what is it supposed to be? A guarantee? I wouldn't call that funny, I'd call that lucky.
This assumes that every player has a cell phone and a Smartphone at that. It's pretty prevalent in some countries, but there are allot of countries where smartphones aren't as common a comodity.

you dont has t...

Google has been known to spy on people, and you trust them??

i wish i could be so naive...
@Jables - The Android emulator is provided by Google and is the same thing developers can use for testing/developing applications. The software you download from the marketplace is the same software every Android, iPhone, etc. authenticator user is using. This is legit safe to use software. More secure than not having an authenticator at all, but not as secure as authenticator on a smartphone or seperate device. It is also a fast and free solution for people without a smartphone or where there is a delay in getting an authenticator.

@Provost - It's free if you already have a smartphone. If you do not then they give you the option of ordering a physical authenticator.

The one comment I'll make about the emulator on your home PC is that you may be required to use your authenticator when logging in to forums, account management, etc. from work, kiosk machines, etc. and not having a mobile authenticator on you could cause some issues there.
Main Entry: Entitlement Generation

Part of Speech: N

Definition: The group born between 1979 and 1995 who believe they are owed certain rights and benefits without further justification.

Example: The entitlement generation expects higher salaries, flexible work hours, and ample time off. (EDIT) And free ways to make money on a game!
If, as the main argument seems to be in this thread, Blizzard is essentially giving away authenticators for free sans shipping costs, why don't they then actually give them away for free? By that I mean include an authenticator in every retail box copy of Diablo 3. Obviously, they can't do it retroactively but I'm sure they are still shipping new copies of the game.

If they already aren't making money off of them, what is the harm in just putting them in the box with the game? In fact, they probably should have from the start.
It was never free without an authenticator thanks to the 15% cut.
If, as the main argument seems to be in this thread, Blizzard is essentially giving away authenticators for free sans shipping costs, why don't they then actually give them away for free? By that I mean include an authenticator in every retail box copy of Diablo 3. Obviously, they can't do it retroactively but I'm sure they are still shipping new copies of the game.

If they already aren't making money off of them, what is the harm in just putting them in the box with the game? In fact, they probably should have from the start.

Boom.
Because some people have them already, having secured their accounts at an earlier point in time. And losing money to give someone an extra authenticator when they buy Diablo 3 - one that they don't need, when they already have one - is not only a loss of profit for Blizzard, but a completely unnecessary one.
well this kinda sucks for me. i live in sotuh america and god knows why i cant register the authenticator with my bnet accoutn (im using the bb phone app), tried with my ipod tocuh with the same result (the 12 digit code gives me an error) and ordering an authenticator is gona take at least a month to get here
06/08/2012 12:05 PMPosted by warwick
well this kinda sucks for me. i live in sotuh america and god knows why i cant register the authenticator with my bnet accoutn (im using the bb phone app), tried with my ipod tocuh with the same result (the 12 digit code gives me an error) and ordering an authenticator is gona take at least a month to get here

call blizzard suppor from skype, it is a free call and they can help you to config your app ...
06/08/2012 11:19 AMPosted by AIChEMY

Yeah, it really is going to suck for you. All those people lining up with their wallets in their hands waiting for your items on the RMAH, but now someone else is getting your money.