Inferno difficulty is -perfectly- tuned

Barbarian
I hope this video will dispel the notion that the barbarian is a hopelessly underpowered class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKySUl3gJ1I

For the millionth time, we all know tank barbarians are viable in the sense that 'it is clearable' and you can 'out-gear the level'.

The problem that people have is that ONLY tank barbarian is viable, and only within the walls of the barbarian rooms. Soft-core is all about gold per hour. Barbarians clear times are pathetic compared to other classes out there, ESPECIALLY demon hunters.

So in the sense of gold per hour; yes, barbarians are hopelessly underpowered, where gold/min is what is really important.
My character is so geared right now, I can do act 1 blind folded and do it about 10 times a day just for gold and the chance at good rares to sell on the AH. But act 2 is like i am wearing a paper armor

My resistance is at 740 being the lowest (cold) and highest being arcane at 810 everything else is in the middle.

I rock a 2H 1187 dps weapon and my overall dps is 25 unbuffed and buffed I sit about 30k or so buffed

I am a kill or be killed build, I love it as I can do act 1 with speed and kill the butcher in under 15 seconds.

Main abilities are Frenzy with Sidearm (manic is just hype)
Warcry
WoTB insanity
Battle Rage <---
Ignore pain
Revenge

Elites = pop ignore pain then WotB and everthing is dead in seconds, but if it does not happen to be that way, I stay a few more seconds, use a pot if needed and run like a little girl until Ignore pain is back up then back in for 7 seconds and back out. But if I managed to kill 1 or 2 elites I am happy with the results and just die and revamp up again.

This works in act 2 as well, just takes a bit longer. And I have +12 run speed on boots and it does help when you have to kite a bit. and getting out of stuff.
05/31/2012 07:08 AMPosted by Molimo
I don't see anything wrong with what the op had to say. Hes correct as far as I'm concerned. You guys can hate gear checks all you want but they aren't going anywhere soon. Just meet the stats required to stay alive and deal with the horrible dps if your gear isn't quite up to stuff.

Gear checks that require stats I don't care to stack are actually going, read the game design post.

I don't like being forced to stack only defensive stats and skills/passives and equip a shield to do progression. BLIZZARD ALREADY ACKNOWLEDGED IT, it's getting changed.
I don't see anything wrong with what the op had to say. Hes correct as far as I'm concerned. You guys can hate gear checks all you want but they aren't going anywhere soon. Just meet the stats required to stay alive and deal with the horrible dps if your gear isn't quite up to stuff.

Gear checks that require stats I don't care to stack are actually going, read the game design post.

I don't like being forced to stack only defensive stats and skills/passives and equip a shield to do progression. BLIZZARD ALREADY ACKNOWLEDGED IT, it's getting changed.

Whats with all the complaining then?

I rock a 2H 1187 dps weapon and my overall dps is 25 unbuffed and buffed I sit about 30k or so buffed

I am a kill or be killed build, I love it as I can do act 1 with speed and kill the butcher in under 15 seconds.

OMG how much str do you have ? Im using a similar dps weapon with 99% crit bonus plus crit bonus on gloves so I get some massive crits .

But Im thinking you must have double the str I have . I only get 12k damage.

I just did a quick run in Act 2 to see how my new gear would hold and I got turned into dust within a few hits .

Im thinking I need close to 800 resist unbuffed or something .
About 50k hp
and 1500 str .

I basically am crafting gear myself 1-2 pieces every butcher run . Usually I get junk , sometimes I get small upgrade but still not perfect piece to hit the stats I need .

Could take a while . Lucky getting materials from run is slower than the gold Im geting else I woudl be broke.

If I get 10 million before I make the pieces I need I will buy 1 piece from the AH . But I would only buy something that will carry me at least to act 4 . So maybe I need 25 million
05/31/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Molimo
Whats with all the complaining then?

I pretty much stopped complaining when I saw the game design post :) I only chime in now when thickheaded people are trying to defend something as "working as intended" when the creator of the game already said it's not.
Agree completely.
The difficulty for inferno is retarded. The fact that blue/gold elites are harder than boss is just wrong.
Making every person play the same build and use the same gear, in my opinion, is not the definition of "difficulty". I would think that even at inferno difficulty, each person should be able to figure out a way to make it happen with THEIR OWN play style. Like what about people who might like to use cleave and rend? That is what makes the class fun for them...but now because of the "difficulty" they are forced to play a style they don't like as well.

I'm not to inferno yet, so I don't have any experience on which I can base this opinion....but based on all that I've read, Barb is a "you have to play like this or you're doing it wrong" class.
You guys whine like there's no tomorrow.

As far as I'm concerned, inferno is under-tuned...we've been getting full inferno clears within a couple weeks, how stupid is that?
Hey thanks for the post. Can you please share your stat priority and im guessing sword/board?
Making every person play the same build and use the same gear, in my opinion, is not the definition of "difficulty". I would think that even at inferno difficulty, each person should be able to figure out a way to make it happen with THEIR OWN play style. Like what about people who might like to use cleave and rend? That is what makes the class fun for them...but now because of the "difficulty" they are forced to play a style they don't like as well.

I'm not to inferno yet, so I don't have any experience on which I can base this opinion....but based on all that I've read, Barb is a "you have to play like this or you're doing it wrong" class.

I've seen quite a few different builds that people are claiming is effective. The only constants have been revenge and war cry.
05/31/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Ill
I've seen quite a few different builds that people are claiming is effective. The only constants have been revenge and war cry.

This. And even WarCry is up for debate. Revenge is the one must take.
Yes, barb is completely fine and viable in inferno, its hilarious that whenever a post like this that shows how barb can work perfectly fine its instantly berated by idiots with the YOU NEED GOOD GEAR response, no !@#$ you need good gear its the hardest content in the game, you want this to turn into what wow raiding has become?

05/31/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Invoky
The difficulty for inferno is retarded. The fact that blue/gold elites are harder than boss is just wrong.

Go back to wow, this is how the game is supposed to be, if it was just azmodan / diablo runs it would be boring as hell
IMO I Think in everybodies mind they want to roll over inferno easily. Because DH's and Wiz's can and they were the first classes to drop inferno diablo... Now that they're nerfed doesn't mean jack only that they aren't as powerful as before. they're still more powerful than barbs clearing though. For example majority of the DH's who are on act 3 farming... under 5 mil worth of gear... I dunno about you guys but I've dropped 8 mil for my gear and it's allowing me to pretty much 1 shot any white mob in act 1. However act 2 I get punished but I'm going to try out a more mobile build that other barb's are doing for act 2 see how that works
05/31/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Traumadrama
IMO I Think in everybodies mind they want to roll over inferno easily. Because DH's and Wiz's can and they were the first classes to drop inferno diablo... Now that they're nerfed doesn't mean jack only that they aren't as powerful as before. they're still more powerful than barbs clearing though. For example majority of the DH's who are on act 3 farming... under 5 mil worth of gear... I dunno about you guys but I've dropped 8 mil for my gear and it's allowing me to pretty much 1 shot any white mob in act 1. However act 2 I get punished but I'm going to try out a more mobile build that other barb's are doing for act 2 see how that works

If you dropped 8 mil worth in gear and still can't clear act 2 then you paid way too much for your gear or bought the wrong gear
The reason why most of post are complains is simple - those who can play are playing, others are looking for exuse.

I consider myself a pretty average player, and it is my first time ever I am playing melee, my usual choice are ranged/healers. I never played D2.

When I hit Inferno 4 day ago, I used all my money from leveling (around 1 mln) on AH as I consider proper gear choice significant part of the skill. It allowed me to clean act 1 in first day I came there. Quick attempt on act 2 showed I am far from be able to do it, and I spent 2 more days in act 1 farming upgrades and money to fill gaps.

On third day I cleared my way to Maghda in 2 hours, keeping 5 satcks up and killing _all_ packs I met. I hope to come to Belial this week.

IMHO, it is pretty good timing and it means Inferno is balanced. And definitely I cannot farm enough money to buy act 4 gear in 2 days in act 1, I still only dreaming about block ring.