Followers and Treasure Goblins

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
I would like to see a separate command system for followers. Since they only have 4 skills a piece, I would like to see another toolbar, where I command them when to use their skill. I.e. ctrl+1-4 to use the current follower's assigned skills.
I was just getting ready to post something like this. One too many times has my follower ran up and attacked a Treasure Goblin when I didn't want them to. Then while I'm trying to kill it before it jumps into the portal, my follower is just standing around doing nothing.
I understand your pain:
http://i.imgur.com/ozGge.jpg

What am I looking at here?
06/08/2012 01:56 PMPosted by BloodBrother
Do the pet options from Hunters on WoW

And give them the spider's web shot XD
Goblins are technically neutral unless you get too close, then they're escaping enemies. Just take your time programming them not to hit neutral enemies. I appreciate them helping with their extra little 6k dps, but it can get annoying when they feel like they're helping by initiating the fight.
My ferrets usually attack me, so shady
OK so is blizzard going to fix the "Frost Hydra" ? I mean it literally sucks, can't it shoot Ice blasts instead of a close range frost attack that take forever in between attacks. Could totally care less about the whole meteor skill sucking lol

P.S. I'm with everyone on fixing the followers so they are defensive and not offensive. Also, turning Tyrael the "Arch-Angel" into a wet noodle that does 1k dps was kind of BS, I'm just saying >_<

You already took a bunch of other things from other Hack'n'slash RPGs. So why not just use the same function as in Dungeon Siege 2, with a hotkey to put your follower(s) on passive/aggressive. Simple and easy.
I live in South Korea gamers

This is not to know what bots, prompting the game ....

Says no connection and want to know why the error 3003 floating
or how about actually making templar followers aggro? im so sick of using a templar as a DH n hoping he would just pull aggro while i fire off shots n the enemies ALWAYS walk right past him to me? whats the point then? the enchantress n scoundrel work fine n do what they suppose to do but templar needs fixin
06/08/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
We agree that it would be awesome if followers didn't auto-attack monsters are that in an idle state (i.e. treasure goblins). We think it's a great idea and are definitely looking into changing that AI behavior, but we don't have any solid idea as to when a change like that might make it into the game. We'll keep you updated. :)

speaking of cool ideas....might u take a browse at this started thread?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5738085415
stop trying to ruin this game like WoW, im sick of the people who came ehre from WoW, and already have pooped on harcore REAL RPG fans.
06/08/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
We agree that it would be awesome if followers didn't auto-attack monsters are that in an idle state (i.e. treasure goblins). We think it's a great idea and are definitely looking into changing that AI behavior, but we don't have any solid idea as to when a change like that might make it into the game. We'll keep you updated. :)

Just condition them to engage only if player is attacking or being attacked, or if you wanna look fancy, add some instance buttons like you did with WoW hunter pets.
06/08/2012 02:06 PMPosted by ClownBaby
This is what a ferrets do, have you not seen Beast Master?

Epic Marc Singer reference...
머라는거지...==;;;;;
Can we get a simple option so followers just attack what we attack? I just want them focus firing with me, although I play a barb, so really I don't need them for much more than that.
OMG no Golden axe ones steal your stuff then run off ... please
hey could you please redesign some ranged-attack-enemies' AI? As a monk, I have to say that the hit and run strategy on ranged-attack enemies just sucks,melee attackers loses a lot of damage and health recovering when chasing a single target when you are facing five to ten enemies,I have been through countless deaths chasing the bats and some fat !@# in Act 3.thx