monks: question about life per spirit spent

Hardcore
so this question is for those of you that hit lvl 55+ on hc with a monk and tested these things out.

life per spirit spent..worth having or is it something that is kinda floating in the wind like life leech and life per hit?

i tested it out and did the calculations and it almost gives you nearly 1k extra heal for when you use ur mantra or breath.

your guys thoughts?
Well, lots of people use the passive Transcendence, which gives 60+ LpSS at lvl 60, but I don't think anyone goes looking for gear with that stat, since it's all right around ~2 LpSS, and not really adding much.

That answer your question?
There are items with upwards of 12 LpSS on them - I believe you can reach an item cap of about 120 LpSS or so if you get it on all available items, and then up to about 180 if you use Transcendence as well.

Using a mantra activation at 180 LpSS would equate to 9000 life restored for every 50 spirit spent. Seems a bit high (read: inferno uber geared) but it could be worthwhile.

That said, LpSS is also very rare to find on items - I myself have found a total of 5 or so in my two L60 hardcore monk plays through to inferno (one of them having inferno A1 on farm -butcher) - LpSS seems to be a stat that will eventually be amazing, but until you get high amounts, is really not worth it
There are items with upwards of 12 LpSS on them - I believe you can reach an item cap of about 120 LpSS or so if you get it on all available items, and then up to about 180 if you use Transcendence as well.

Using a mantra activation at 180 LpSS would equate to 9000 life restored for every 50 spirit spent. Seems a bit high (read: inferno uber geared) but it could be worthwhile.

That said, LpSS is also very rare to find on items - I myself have found a total of 5 or so in my two L60 hardcore monk plays through to inferno (one of them having inferno A1 on farm -butcher) - LpSS seems to be a stat that will eventually be amazing, but until you get high amounts, is really not worth it

Thanks for the correction and info!
Spriit regen on equipment is sooo much more important. So hard to find a really good spirit regen weapon late game too.

One day...I hope to have a 800DPS fist that actually regens spirit.
thanks for the info guys helps a lot :)
I was wrong about the number of items (it isnt 10, it is 3 - weapon x 2, head, unless you are lucky and get a legendary with LpSS on it) and the amount (some of the items I saw had 25-30 LpSS), but you can still hit 80 with the three items, plus the 62 from transcendence. That is still 140 LpSS at uber gearing, meaning you are getting 7k health from a 50 spirit dump in addition to whatever else it is giving you. At a 50k health pool, this is just under 10% and therefore nothing to scoff at.

Good luck!