Best act to farm?

Demon Hunter
It was mentioned to me today that act 3 and act 4 have the same loot table. Is this true? If so should I just stick to doing Siegebreaker?
imo siegbreaker no, Azmodan runs ftw :p
play from the quest: Heart of Sin, second heart. You will want the 5 stack of valor since it gives you alot more chance to get more rares. 5 Valor I think is 2 rares guaranteed from bosses, including the spider woman in the Heart of Sin quest

and yes same loot table, which I find weird since act 4 is just so much harder
We've done Siegebreaker/Azmodan, acts 1, 2, 3, 4, ect...and by far we've had the best luck in Ponyland. 12 legendarys/set items in 3 days and dozens of good AH rares. With 2-4 good ranged DPS it takes less then an hour to clear.
Is ponyland (inferno I'm assuming) really that good? I never see people talk about it, it's always siegebreaker/azmodan.
Infonies really? I must have some pretty !@#$ty luck then lol. Overall actually... Might try Ponies again later.
Ponyland is difficult for non ranged classes (and some affix mobs can be rough for us too). That being said, if you can handle the zone, it can be quite lucrative. Part of this is due to being able to clear the mobs, then stack MF and 5NV and pop chests (clouds) for Act4 loots.

Another piece to Ponyland is that if you run it solo, you can sell the last 3 spots in the party to open the clouds. Typically 100k (150k if your zone has a Pinata, Whimsy version of resplendent) per person, so a guaranteed 300-450k per run, on top of loots.
Ponyland has the benefits of easy NV stacks from act I, and all the mobs are melee so there aren't too many bad elite packs.
I solo ponyland on my barb , its retardedly easy with the gear I have now . I do however find it very boring playing barbarian compared to DH . Probably because its so easy its not a challenge. The loot isnt that good but I think thats because I dont have very high magic find .
06/10/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Grailer
I solo ponyland on my barb , its retardedly easy with the gear I have now . I do however find it very boring playing barbarian compared to DH . Probably because its so easy its not a challenge. The loot isnt that good but I think thats because I dont have very high magic find .

The loot can be very spotty, just like anywhere else. I guess the benefit to doing Siege/Azmo runs is the guarantee of rares (with 5 stacks).

I've had 3 Legendaries from Ponyland in the last couple days. Two that sold for a couple mill each.
How did you guys break the barrier to start doing the dmg you do?

I'm struggling pretty hard in act 3 (30k dps). What got you over the hump? Farming gold isn't really and option because an upgrade cost me 3 mill or more (for very small upgrade).

What got you over the barrier? what did you farm before siege breaker?

I can kill siege breaker just not act 3 champion packs.
How did you guys break the barrier to start doing the dmg you do?

I'm struggling pretty hard in act 3 (30k dps). What got you over the hump? Farming gold isn't really and option because an upgrade cost me 3 mill or more (for very small upgrade).

What got you over the barrier? what did you farm before siege breaker?

I can kill siege breaker just not act 3 champion packs.

I'm working my way through Act 3 fairly successfully (and farming Ponyland). I only recently broke 40k DPS (I don't use SS). It just takes time and patience...and a lot of kiting, and some death spamming.
The problem I have found with doing ponies is that the average Ilvl of the loot just seems so low . The possibility of legendaries is there but with the way legendaries are right now, I'd rather have a higher chance at finding a 1000dps weapon. Although there can be something to be said about not having to worry about ranged mobs gibbing me from off screen.
imo siegbreaker no, Azmodan runs ftw :p
play from the quest: Heart of Sin, second heart. You will want the 5 stack of valor since it gives you alot more chance to get more rares. 5 Valor I think is 2 rares guaranteed from bosses, including the spider woman in the Heart of Sin quest

and yes same loot table, which I find weird since act 4 is just so much harder

Do you ever notice that she doesn't appear? I feel like she is skipped somehow. Anything I'm missing there?
I've ran a few times of pony with friend, and then a dozen Siege runs (not much time invested) I've yet to see anything remarkable drop. A plan for 6 affix voodoomask is the most profitable drop I've seen.

Granted, chance for ilvl63 loot to drop is still <10% So, patience?!?
How much dps would you say is needed for inferno ponies? Like one of the posters above me commented, I'm also stuck in kind of a gear rut, I think I have 33 or 34k dps without ss on, and about 60k with, and finding it a bit of a pain generating gold or finding anything worthwhile to sell. I have a mf and gf set but it isn't that great, think maybe about 100ish of each , anything better is way out of my price range.
06/11/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Diablerie
How much dps would you say is needed for inferno ponies? Like one of the posters above me commented, I'm also stuck in kind of a gear rut, I think I have 33 or 34k dps without ss on, and about 60k with, and finding it a bit of a pain generating gold or finding anything worthwhile to sell. I have a mf and gf set but it isn't that great, think maybe about 100ish of each , anything better is way out of my price range.

40K should be enough to clear pony comfortably.
Guess I should start upgrading my herding staff then.
I find ponies less rage inducing (therefore more fun) then Act 3/4 runs. The 5 NV stacks are cake and take 5 min outside in Act 1. Then the clear of ponyland is easy as long as a champ pack isn't camping the entrance at the start.

Even if there are less rares then Act 3/4 runs, I enjoy it a lot more, die a lot less, and actually look forward to doing it. I've made quite a few mil doing it but mostly off selling recipes that drop, haven't had any luck on legendaries or set items as of yet but its only been maybe 10 runs through.
I do 110k damage with SS and I still have problems with act 3 anyone have any advice for that? I am currently on the siege breaker quest
06/11/2012 08:35 AMPosted by tiger2791
I do 110k damage with SS and I still have problems with act 3 anyone have any advice for that? I am currently on the siege breaker quest

Stop using Sharpshooter and start using tactical advantage. I made the most "progress" on my character when I made that change.