The Barbarian Afterlife?

General Discussion
To be clear, I'm not complaining, just curious on Blizz's mindset when designing these kinds of things.

TL;DR- Rhetorically speaking, why would barbarians "Earthquake" be able to persist after death, but not "Call of the Ancients"?

I do see that CotA says they fight "alongside you", but a quick read of their lore (the 3 ancients, that is) begs the question: why wouldn't they continue to fight for the duration of their summon after seeing you, a hero Nephalem, be slain by a demon? (or anything else, for that matter)

This probably would never even be questioned if it weren't for the fact that there is a rage spell that DOES tick after death to compare it to. And in my opinion, if you can still magically make the ground tremor for 8 seconds after you're dead, then your magically summoned guardians should still be able to fight for 15 seconds after you're dead, too. It's not like you control what they attack anyway.

Again, it's not a complaint, but comparitively speaking they are both long cooldown/high rage cost spells that "act on their own", so I just don't understand why Blizz gave one this major bonus and not the other.