RMAH Prices

Items and Crafting
are laughable. Mid-level blues are $3.50 - $20. Decent rares and decent legendaries are never under $20 and most are $60+.

Please tell me there's no one out there spending more on a single item than they spent on the game itself.
Most those high prices are put up by children that don't know the value of the money their parents spent to get them the game.
there is no way to know what prices are since the game is so new

but i agree half these idiots are charging 200$ for weapons... HAHAHAHAHAHA

i mean prices will go down with time... whats amazing to me is that people don't get that if you don't sell your stupid item fast, every day theres prolly a gazzilion drops in diablo 3, and each one is a chance to bring more similar items into the world and totally make it worthless
Meh just sold a +dex/+vit andariel's visage for $80. People are buying at those prices... for now
I mean - I can understand the blues at $2.50
Blizz charges $1 per transaction and to move it to a PayPal account another 15% on the amount transferred is deducted

But yea - people paying more than the game is outrageous
I don't see myself adding extra money to my bnet balance - only if I forget to switch a sale to PayPal balance and accumulate a bnet balance by mistake
06/12/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Kosmon
Meh just sold a +dex/+vit andariel's visage for $80. People are buying at those prices... for now

ya but i was talking about rares, at least you sold a legendary... and for 80... these jokers are selling unremarkable rares... for 200... on the second day the auction house is open... i guess they think its a sellers market... but for 200$ i would hope to wind up with more than a 1200dps bow with 100str and 100vit.. with 18% attk speed bonus... or are those stats really so godly that i just don't get it?
One thing I'll tell you from my job working as a blackjack dealer in Las Vegas...

Some people have more money than they know what to do with.

But yes, there is no shortage of hugely overpriced items in the AH.

Imagine a youngish single guy making $125,000 a year, living in a small condo that's paid off with a car that's paid off. Why not drop $500 on the AH if it'll save you 100 hours of running the Butcher over and over?
are laughable. Mid-level blues are $3.50 - $20. Decent rares and decent legendaries are never under $20 and most are $60+.

Please tell me there's no one out there spending more on a single item than they spent on the game itself.

I can tell you that no one is buying anything that is A) Average, something that can be obtained, and B) that is priced higher that what someone paid for the game eg $200 for a 1300 dps (Blue weapon). The same blues that cost 150K on the AH. If people were smart and really wanted to sell items for $ then they should look at the past and see what ppl were paying for D2 items, which I remember were at $15 for ultra rare premium gear.

Also ppl might be more likely to pay for gear pre 1.03 patch to get them by after that i think i large window will be closed.

I think sales will still be good after 1.0.3 however, $50 weapons and gear will be way better than the $250 gear currently offered.

If you have great gear to sell, sell it now. Keep just what you need to farm for when 1.0.3 hits. Everything is subject to change depending on 1.1 and/or pvp.

Just be smart with your money. Only you know what it's worth. ;)
I looked at RMAH. Blizzard set the value of items to 1% of the gold vendor price to USD for starting prices in RMAH (for my case anyway).

ie 2256 gold to vendor, $22.56 default starting price on RMAH.

Absolute joke.
you do realize that anything under 2.50 means you get like nothing for it right
06/14/2012 06:52 AMPosted by CoolStoryBro
you do realize that anything under 2.50 means you get like nothing for it right

NO. NOBODY REALIZES THAT. ONLY YOU.
Your name is as dumb as your comment.
06/12/2012 09:30 PMPosted by OFFLE

or spend $1000 on a golf set, thats more than playing 1 round of 18 holes.
or spend $200 on a really good basketball, shoes, clothing, gear, or any other sports equipment. and more $$ to replace worn out stuff.
or spend $15 on a movie that you dont even get to keep. and do that for 10 movies.
or spend $100 a weekend to go out with friends, drive, drink, shop, whatever.

a hobby is a hobby. whether it be a computer game, or a movie, or a live concert, or a sports game.

or spend $1000 on a golf set, thats more than playing 1 round of 18 holes.
or spend $200 on a really good basketball, shoes, clothing, gear, or any other sports equipment. and more $$ to replace worn out stuff.
or spend $15 on a movie that you dont even get to keep. and do that for 10 movies.
or spend $100 a weekend to go out with friends, drive, drink, shop, whatever.

a hobby is a hobby. whether it be a computer game, or a movie, or a live concert, or a sports game.

But there is a difference. For those things, people actually put considrablly additional work to make things better for you. Those really good gears. But in Diablo, those just a bunch of numbers the stupid game designer arbitrarly set.
The differences are the traditional hobby gear designs are subject to the laws of physics, in D3, they are only to subject to Blizzard's game desinger's !@#$
06/12/2012 09:30 PMPosted by OFFLE

:) Millions of people (including myself) spent hundreds of dollars as subscription after buying wow for 40$. So it is not unusual for people to spend lots of money on a game after initial purchase.
sounds like most of you

1. don't work
2. don't have any money
3. Jealous you can't sell any items

Keep in mind a lot of people flip items as well, or just outright buy items to sell in the GAH since they are not quite able to farm yet, think about the options before you bash people that have a real career outside of Diablo 3 10-14 hours a day.