WHINING

Monk
Dear blizz ,

This IS a whining post !

I cannot get how can you FAIL so much at making the monk class atleast 20% balanced as the other classes !

We arent DPS,arent healers,arent TANKS ... What in the god's name is the monk supposed to do ???

Run from mobs left/right while some wizard/dh/wd nukes them down ??

Fine , i might not be the 'best' of the 'best' players but I do think that 7years of World of warcraft raiding and doing 99% of the bosses as a priest (that used to have 0 surviving skills) makes me atleast an 'average'

Now i don't get it how can you design a class that has a dps/tanking role but fails so much at it its not even funny.

I don't get it how can you create a class that hits for 500% less than Dh's/Wizards , takes ALOT more dmg with tanking build/items than a barb and has ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO survivability without "serenity"

KITE them you say - Well , I'd kite them fosho if our beloved class doesn't have a stinky animation that takes 2seconds or w/e to 'strike' and mobs usually wtfpwn my !@# while i'm waiting ..

And ofc , thx for giving us heal that heals us for 20% of our Hp <3 rly lovely :)

To sum it up !

Please do your job and balance the classes properly or I dont know - Make a refund option or w/e .... It's lame to take our money for smthn that is bugged/not properly designed n stuff like that.

ps: While at whining -

Please DO fix the game freezing and FPS dropage + Screen shaking when trying to 'run away' from a mob and also getting stuck in a spot coz obviously the mob's bigger than the actual animation.

Peace
Care to post your gear and skill build?

P.S.: Playing WoW will never make you an average, sorry
Actually, we are all the things you said we aren't.

We are dps, we do tank, and we do heal.

Your just playing the class wrong and aren't taken the time that is needed to be able to play in Inferno.

Go reroll and get off our forums please.
If you are indeed a player from WoW, you'd know that Blizzard has never gotten their melee classes right. Start playing a DH/Wiz, because it is going to be a looooooooong time before they even begin to start bringing monks/barbs up to the level of ranged classes.

P.S. - I have both my monk and a demon hunter in act 3 inferno.
Ha, I just punched out Asmodan with 5 NV stacks on Inferno. The monk is super strong ONCE YOU GET THE RIGHT GEAR. I can't emphasize this enough. You must spend as much on the AH as you do on inferno playing if you want your monk to be good. If thats not your cup of tea you probably shouldn't be playing diablo 3 on inferno. Nightmare has plenty of openings.
I am a monk, and I completely disagree with the OP's assertion. My wizard + demon hunter friends all love having me in their group because I beat face and my survivability is insane. If they aren't on, I just solo farm act 3.

The other day, a wizard in General asked for help killing Belial. I jumped in, and it was him and a DH and they couldn't get it done. Both of them died during phase 2, so I had to rez them after finishing off the snakes & belial solo, then during phase 3 they both kept dying, to the point where I gave up on rezzing them and I finished off Belial from over half health to zero by myself. And this was before the multiplayer DMG nerf.

Feel free to reroll as a DH or Wizard. I'll keep my OP monk.
Ye , ONCE you get the rightful gear ,

Fair - I agree with ya

HOWEVER ->>>>> It seems that MONKS cannot GET GEAR for act2 in Act 1 nor act 2 gear in act 2 ....which is LAME.

How am i supposed to gear if the gear does NOT drop ?

@ Teckno

We are dps ? lol... When you do get something to hit for more than once without gettin ur !@# whiped .

ps: "Our" forums are yours as much as they are mine so if ya don't have anything wise to add , get back in the basement.

@ Maratonista

around 700ish resists (arcane stacking)
1.59 atk speed
500 LpH
39k hp
70ish % dmg reduction
1400 dext

I use:

Earth ally for the life buff
Deadly Reach for the 18% dmg buff
Use the One Hundered fists with 250% weap dmg as from now , else used the thunderclap
Serenity (with 7sec lasting -> read somewhere on these forums it's the best coz it's healing sucks)
And Healing (with blazing light for 15% dps but I swap it occasionally for CC/+heal)

Let me get this str8 - I DONT MIND gettin facerolled and I am usually patient with getting geared/learn how to play but this is just plain stupid.

Add the tons of bugs this game has and the awkward fps drops/screen freezing n stuff .... I just HAD to get this off me -.-
I don't know about you but my monk does great in Inferno. Far better than my Witchdoctor did. He required more gear but in what game did a melee/tank NOT require more gear than a ranged carry? I've completed Inferno as a monk. I farm Siegebreaker with rarely dying. I don't skip any affxes unless I'm just feeling lazy.
06/14/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Bishop
I don't know about you but my monk does great in Inferno. Far better than my Witchdoctor did. He required more gear but in what game did a melee/tank NOT require more gear than a ranged carry? I've completed Inferno as a monk. I farm Siegebreaker with rarely dying. I don't skip any affxes unless I'm just feeling lazy.

Hi mate ,

Care tos hare your build and a tip where to 'farm' that gear?
06/14/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Deko

Hi mate ,

Care tos hare your build and a tip where to 'farm' that gear?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795159869#1

Butcher runs for some money, 60k a run without selling any item. You can find good amulet and rings that sell for tons. Look out for gear with gold find, magic find, attack speed, all resist and such. Buy yourself a good weapon and then you can farm goblins in act 2. There are two goblins ancient pathway and the magdha waypoint. That will get you some more gear to update your resistances and dex. Its not hard to reach 700 all res and a good weapon with about 6k armor. That will let you tank belial without dodging anything but his spammed poison attack. After that do belial runs checking the goblins until you get 800+ res and the works and you can farm siegebreaker. Don't forget the LoH. Thats important. It takes farming but I farm way more efficient than DH, wizards and my witchdoctor.
how can you tell other people to get in the basement when you are the one raging on the forums?
Dear blizz ,

This IS a whining post !

I cannot get how can you FAIL so much at making the monk class atleast 20% balanced as the other classes !

We arent DPS,arent healers,arent TANKS ... What in the god's name is the monk supposed to do ???

Run from mobs left/right while some wizard/dh/wd nukes them down ??

Fine , i might not be the 'best' of the 'best' players but I do think that 7years of World of warcraft raiding and doing 99% of the bosses as a priest (that used to have 0 surviving skills) makes me atleast an 'average'

Now i don't get it how can you design a class that has a dps/tanking role but fails so much at it its not even funny.

I don't get it how can you create a class that hits for 500% less than Dh's/Wizards , takes ALOT more dmg with tanking build/items than a barb and has ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO survivability without "serenity"

KITE them you say - Well , I'd kite them fosho if our beloved class doesn't have a stinky animation that takes 2seconds or w/e to 'strike' and mobs usually wtfpwn my !@# while i'm waiting ..

And ofc , thx for giving us heal that heals us for 20% of our Hp <3 rly lovely :)

To sum it up !

Please do your job and balance the classes properly or I dont know - Make a refund option or w/e .... It's lame to take our money for smthn that is bugged/not properly designed n stuff like that.

ps: While at whining -

Please DO fix the game freezing and FPS dropage + Screen shaking when trying to 'run away' from a mob and also getting stuck in a spot coz obviously the mob's bigger than the actual animation.

Peace

Monks can't dps:

http://i.imgur.com/YCAYo.jpg

Monks can't dps:

http://i.imgur.com/YCAYo.jpg

care to share your build bud
I like this and i havent even read it yet
Guess how many times my demon hunter or wizard with its "Godly" dps can get hit before my DPS goes from best in the game to worst in the game....

I lol'd so hard...WoW has nothing to do with Diablo, you !@#$ed up the moment you thought those skills would transfer...should have been playing D2 like 75% of the community here was and saving that 15 a month for beer.
06/14/2012 05:49 PMPosted by xSpectrEx

I lol'd so hard...WoW has nothing to do with Diablo, you !@#$ed up the moment you thought those skills would transfer...should have been playing D2 like 75% of the community here was and saving that 15 a month for beer.

Who said I have not been playing D2 ?

I was gonna write a swear word to describe how WRONG you are if you think d2 and d3 are ''Similar" in playstyle but w/e.

If ya dont have anything smart to write - dont write at all :)

If ya dont have anything smart to write - dont write at all :)

Perhaps you should have taken your own advice before posting this QQ?