+Vit doesn't mean your low item is priceless.

Hardcore
Apparently a lot of priceless things have prices.
AH wasn't bad until 50+, 60 is a joke.

Total garbage is listed for 300k+.

Seems people are trying to cash in on crap gear from Act I, honestly you don't need 60 billion, be reasonable people.

I've changed the way I AH though, I look for decent items with retarded buyouts and try to nickle and dime the !@#$%^s that listed them.
Hardcore players:

Join us and you will understand.

Items with no vita are trash and should be treated as such in our game mode.

My gloves offer no VIT - and they may be some of the best gloves i will ever get (until the next patch)

150DEX
15% AS
35 Arcane Resist
45 All Resist
+270 Armor
4.9% Chance to stun on Hit

And People are right. I am in act 1 inferno and most of the stuff on AH is junk and over a million gold.

I farm Act 1 LOTS and LOTS and have recieved most of my upgrades myself. I also list things for extremely cheap, and they sell fast. Because of this I have over 8million gold because my stuff actually sells, so I can list things as fast as I receive them.

I just sold a pair of - 70DEX, 70VIT 12% Movement speed, 25 resist All - boots for 450K gold - They sold in <1 hour. The next best boots similar to that cost 1.6million, they have been up there for a day and probably will not sell.
i stopped trying to sell 500-600 dmg blue 1 hand weapons because i couldn't sell them when i'd post at 70k. how or why people try to sell lvl 20 gear for 30k is beyond me.
uhm let people put it on the market for that price, their loss if 1 slot out of 10 is being held for 2 days.
I don't think there's a single person who'll say that +Vit gear is crap. Having said that, I do think it's overrated, and it's easy to do so. After all, more health means it'll take more hits to kill you. The accepted consensus right now is that +vit gear, and decent damage alone will get you to Hell, and after that you start to drop some health in favor of resists and focusing more on damaged reduced from armor and resists, and your ability to survive. Personally, I hate that mentality because I hate the thought of "In order to progress, I need to give something up."

While +Vit gear is nice, it doesn't have to be your primary stat. Wizards using Energy armor benefit greatly from +Str and +Int Gear, Monks using seize the initiative get a great armor boost from their dexterity. Wizards and Witch doctors get a lot of resists simply by increasing their Int, while pumping their damage (though I would place a higher premium on health for them).Demon Hunters and Barbarians are the only classes that should, in my opinion, stack vitality throughout the entire game. Barbs because of Nerves of Steel (Each point of vitality adds a point of armor) and DH because they lack any sort of passive damage reduction.

My humble opinion of course.
Items with no vita are trash and should be treated as such in our game mode.

Which would you use:
+40 Dex
+20 Vit
40,000g

+90 Dex
3,000g

Simple. Take the 90 Dex and make up the +20 Vit in a gem slot somewhere. This is the problem.

I get lucky though, I usually find a good +Vit +Primary item for a few thousand, then all the items above it in Buyout are 30k+. At least one person in the entire AH has some sense.

It depends where my Life to DPS ratio is. The Dex and Vit piece would allow me to keep a good ratio. If the piece I'm replacing has Vit and losing that Vit would mean a loss of health too great to justify the dps, I wouldn't think about buying it. Because it is only 3k however I'd end up TRYING it on, I could use it farming in previous acts. As a Monk, who uses dex and vit, I worry about escapability(may not be a word lol) more. I only make substitutions of gear losing health and increasing dps if I notice I stop being concerned healing myself. So instead of getting rid of the defensive abilities to make up for my life heavy gear, I switch up my gear. But it has been rare that I do that. I can always take longer to kill the Molten, Plagued, Frozen champ pack if I am life heavy; I cannot, however, make the mistake of being dps heavy like SC. Your DPS falls to 0 when dead.

In conclusion, I'd buy the 3k Dex one to have more dps farming for the 40k Vit/Dex.
I don't think there's a single person who'll say that +Vit gear is crap. Having said that, I do think it's overrated, and it's easy to do so. After all, more health means it'll take more hits to kill you. The accepted consensus right now is that +vit gear, and decent damage alone will get you to Hell, and after that you start to drop some health in favor of resists and focusing more on damaged reduced from armor and resists, and your ability to survive. Personally, I hate that mentality because I hate the thought of "In order to progress, I need to give something up."

You're not giving something up, the + resist and + armor gear only starts dropping then, so it is only then the equation of damage absorption actually matters to calculate your Effective Health.

My humble opinion of course.

Not to pick on you, I notice a lot of use of the IMHO... when you say you're humble, you lose humility.
Agree that +Vit gear is overrated. The key to surviving is not stacking Vit gear, but instead being able to deal damage quickly to get out of tricky situations. If you have a ton of vitality, get surrounded, and can't do damage, you will die.

That being said I always overcharge my Vit gear on the auction house because people will buy it. Gear is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Gold is pretty much useless in HC and you're going to have to stop relying on the AH. Do a search for armor>chest, lvl 60, str+vit only. There's ~3 pages total.

I have sold a lvl 51 xbow for 400k, a lvl 51 belt for 250k, a blue sword with nothing but a damage modifier for 50k, and all amethysts for 23052835x what they cost in SC. Honestly, items with decent stats are priceless in HC.

After someone dies in HC, they have gold from their previous character, and they are more willing to use it to survive.
06/18/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Aiax
Not to pick on you, I notice a lot of use of the IMHO... when you say you're humble, you lose humility.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/humble

4th definition. Simply being respectful. Since this is the internet, it's easy to interpret opinions as fact, and I was simply confirming that it was my opinion.

06/18/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Aiax
You're not giving something up, the + resist and + armor gear only starts dropping then, so it is only then the equation of damage absorption actually matters to calculate your Effective Health.

I swore I've seen some posts where people were at 50k+ life, and in order to progress and not die, swapped out their exclusively +Vit and damage gear for +resist, armor, vit gear, and ended up dropping around 10-15k life. Since I'm too tired to actually go looking for them however, I'll simple say that it's my mistake. The idea, however, remains sound in that you can get by just the same by focusing on defense over health, and increasing your life as you need to.

I swore I've seen some posts where people were at 50k+ life, and in order to progress and not die, swapped out their exclusively +Vit and damage gear for +resist, armor, vit gear, and ended up dropping around 10-15k life. Since I'm too tired to actually go looking for them however, I'll simple say that it's my mistake. The idea, however, remains sound in that you can get by just the same by focusing on defense over health, and increasing your life as you need to.

My barb was ~30k hp in nightmare and 50-65k in hell. 98 vit three-socket chest, helmet with socket, basically vit on everything. Vit stack+revenge spam cheeses the earlier difficulties very well.

My barb was ~30k hp in nightmare and 50-65k in hell. 98 vit three-socket chest, helmet with socket, basically vit on everything. Vit stack+revenge spam cheeses the earlier difficulties very well.

I've covered why Barbs (and Demon Hunters, albeit for different reasons) should be stacking Vit.

...Barbarians are the only classes that should, in my opinion, stack vitality throughout the entire game. Barbs because of Nerves of Steel (Each point of vitality adds a point of armor) ...
The question is not if vit stacking is good or bad. It is always good.There is not a single situation where more life is not good.

It's the tradeoff. At some point, items only have a certain amount of stats they can have, and having all resists will take its toll on vit and other main stats.

When is the tradeoff good? Depends where you are.

For inferno a1, if youre a barb, 35-40k hp is a reasonable amount of HP when youre going for DPS and all resists.

35-40k hp wiht 10k DPS and 500 all resists is better than 50k hp with 5k DPS with 200 all resists.
I just started playing hardcore and the AH is awesome here. From lvl 10-36 I would post nearly all my stuff in the 5-12k price range. Nearly everything was bought. I find that volume makes me a lot more gold than overcharging.I feel it helps fellow HC players as well.

Oh BTW, I died at lvl 36 and have recently restarted.
Hardcore players:
I love you, and I respect you... But just because those level 20 gloves you found have +3 Vitality on them does not mean they are worth 30,000g.

I see insanely high rolled items with only primary stats going for next to nothing, yet an item with a roll 1/5 of that value + some vit going for 10 times more. I'm going to sacrifice a few hundred HP if it means doubling my damage value from the item and saves me a few thousand gold.

Some of you really need to learn the difference between a good item roll vs bad item roll.

Don't let it bother you, in fact, you could even laugh at the anonymous 30k fail item poster.

If players post something like this, no one will buy, meaning they punished themselves by lowering their limited 10 AH item count by one for 36 hours, cutting into their possible in-game income.

If it doesn't sell in 36 hours they will likely either
A) learn it wont sell at that price, and lower accordingly
B) show incapability to adapt and continue to punish themselves for a further 36 hours trying to sell it again.
... it's a lot better than starting over.

.qft.