Can't get Liquid Rainbow.

Aus/NZ General Discussion
Asmodeus why on earth would you want to have all four 'versions'?The inferno staff opens normal, nm, hell and inferno ponys.

Have you tried? Because I tried opening normal with nightmare and it does not allow (haven't bothered making hell or inferno yet), the cow king ghost speaks to you but does not open the shire.
I have a hell staff that I use on any new character I create to get into normal and nightmare ponys as it's a good place to gain a few levels. Definitely works.
08/29/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Kalix
I have a hell staff that I use on any new character I create to get into normal and nightmare ponys as it's a good place to gain a few levels. Definitely works.

Okay, thx - will make the inferno then and try it out.

UPDATE:

First upgraded my nightmare staff to hell version for 500k and cleared Whimsy hell with friend.
Then upgraded the hell staff to the inferno version for 1M (poor now) and cleared Whymsy hell with same friend - was a pain, got a few decent drops but nothing exceptional.
And then for verification opened nightmare Whimsy with the inferno staff - yes it works, could have saved me some running for the items, luckily I did so mainly with chars able to gain some exp as well.
OMG... I finally got it. I had to spawn him 5 times and it took me 78 trys. Unbelivable. I wanted to toss my computer to the wall.
What quest line are you starting in...does that even make a difference?

NVM finally got the dude to pop...now just have to get lucky and get the chest to pop
just keep swimming...

FYI found the mysterious chest on level 1 of mysterious cave. If your looking don't run through lvl 1 thinking it always spawns on level 2!!!!
09/03/2012 06:27 AMPosted by StringerBell
OMG... I finally got it. I had to spawn him 5 times and it took me 78 trys. Unbelivable. I wanted to toss my computer to the wall.

Off topic: love your username. Great show :) we named our dog marlo

On topic: took me less than 3 hours for all parts in total. The gem n plans took maybe 10 goes with a friend running the same time n joining games
This is how I got it.

Use the the inlet near the beginning teleport. If the merchant is not there leave game then select a different quest in act two where you can still access the area to find the merchant. Once you get a random map that finds the merchant see if the checst is in there.

If the chest is not in there leave game, However this time once you leave dont change the quest just RESUME game. For me the merchant was still stere and the dungeon was different and I found the Mystery chest.

Hope this works for you as it did for me.
Not sure if this will help but i got the ingredients i allready had from my stash and left them in my Bag... the Guy spawned 9/10 for me at the cave nearest the Dalguar oasis waypoint.

previously i spent 4 hours farming this area without him spawning once... it must have something to do with the mats being in ur inventory,...
does it matter what difficulty your on?
Huh, I didn't realise just how lucky I was. I got every item except the mushroom when I wasn't even searching for them. I only had to do the mushroom run 4 times to get it.

My son told me I was really lucky to get the items, particularly the rainbow without even trying, but it is only now sinking in lol.
Putting all herding staff items in character inventory did not help me at all.
06/20/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Hypatia
Read recently for gibbering to dismiss any followers and have all other herding staff items you have in your character inventory. Read that last night whilst game down, tried it tonight and got gibbering first attempt. Had tried many times prior, so seemed to work for me, might be worth a try.

I am searching for the liquid rainbow since hours but this alchemist guy is not appearing...
normal on mp 10 first run droped for me before that i spent 5 hours on inferno mp 3 and never ever got the cave or a hell fire key
This is the last ingredient I need to make the HC staff, hopefully the spawn rate hasn't been ninja nerfed in patch 1.08a. I think I found the cave once, no chest inside.
This took me almost a week to find until I read the post about dismissing your companion and putting other parts in players stash.
I found it first try! TY
Blizz might want to fix this BUG as its very annoying.
Jeesus christ this is so frustrating, got the shroom way back when i started playing. Wirts bell took me 30 minutes to figure out that the little girl was transferred into town where the teleporter is. Leorics shinbone took me an hour. Since i used some youtube walkthrough that was messed up, i killed izual probably for about 30 times till i realized that i already had used the damn plan and that you have to leave it as the last piece of the puzzle since you need everything else before you can make the staff. The best part was the liquid rainbow, got the npc on the first go, went into the cave, no chest, retried for about 50 times, the guy didnt spawn in either place. Now that i read that you should dismiss the follower and keep all the gathered stuff in your inventory, i got the guy on the first go and guess what, the mysterious chest was there aswell. Wish i would have known this before i started -.-