500 gold each time I'm hit, what a JOKE.

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next
06/19/2012 04:10 PMPosted by FadeXF
Golly fellahs... Indestructible gear is hard.

Not only is all indestructible gear being sniped off of the AH at incredible speeds, but most of it is being deposited into the RMAH which is basically FORCING us to use it.
Melee player here. The loot/gold I'm finding isn't overcoming the repairs, even if I don't die.

Also, some people claim this is to take gold out of the game and save the economy blah blah.

If that was the case, the rich just become a tad bit less rich (when you get into the tens of millions, it's just chump change) and the poor will be completely broke to the point of not being able to repair their gear. Doesn't matter if they die or not because each attack whether it's at an NPC or a vase costs 150ish gold. I don't think gold drops enough to overcome that loss.

The solution to all these repair problems:

FARM THE AH. If you don't play, you don't lose money on repairs. Sit in the main menu and resell on the AH. It is the only viable way to make money now.
I reckon Blizzard wanted you to rethink your strategy when it comes to elite mobs. I've always capped it.

If I die 3 times to a elite mob, I am not touching them either coz my gear is too low or they just have ridiculus combos.

Considering they changed the drop rates for items, it "should" balance it out the costs. Still early days but we will see.

Only issue I have is that if i wish to run away can they just stop chasing me =//
06/19/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Nightsbane
First of all hell no on the tax people a gold amount based on their gold. Secondly the old values for dying were fine, why change what's not broken? These repair costs are absurd and I've died already to 5 lag spikes and I'm paying 30k + wtf is this.

Please, explain how a variable repair rate with a 50k cap does ANYTHING different than now, except punish poorer players less, while punishing everyone else the same?

It doesn't even have to be based on current player gold, it could be based on total gold earned, or it could be based on anything.

Either way, if a player has only 50k, taking that entire 50k for a single repair is stupid, unfair, and just plain lame.

Once again, someone posts that the idea is stupid, yet fails to explain how it's Ok to have SEVERE punishment for poor players, that rich players barely even notice.
This is really poor thinking....not even making enough gold to cover repair cost. If it keep that way I<ll stop playing...the game is balanced by Blizz who plays the invisible hand of the Market...feels like AH is driving the game....sad...
50k per repair, awesome! Maybe i'll just downgrade all my ilvl 62/63 gears to level 30 gears, it'll save me some money! I dunno though... maybe they'll increase the costs of repairing low level gear too. Ah screw it, I'll check on the game in a few months and see if people are liking it again or not
4 hits, Act 2 Inferno = 4475 gold on my Demon Hunter. No dying, just normal attacks inflicted from regular mobs. I would hate to see what an elite with molten, fire chains, or desecration would do to armor.

And my Demon Hunter does not have high-end gear, no where close to it. So I can believe the numbers I'm seeing posted.

This s--t is ridiculous, and an obvious ploy to drive players to the RMAH.

I've lost what little respect I had for the developers. Not because the game is unplayable. But because they're incompetent nitwits who can't see past the tip of their own nose, or just crooks looking to milk as much money as possible out of their consumers. Either way, they're pathetic.

LOL OUCH!

That is brutal. I thought my experience in the OP was bad.
Since I've been stuck at Zoltan blood with my Barb I decided since patch to try butcher runs. because playing a DH or Wizard isn't my thing. according to my findings. I went from selling full stashes 5 times to now 2 times. I don't see nearly as many blue drops all for a chance of a rare? money wise so not worth it. I used to bring in about 70 to 77k a run now I make 33k a butcher run. I've noticed no difference difficulty wise. I'm still struggling in act 2, still dying easy to elites and my gear is good as are my strats which I've used from casters I've seen succeed.

I've been a huge Diablo fan since the first was launched. I was a huge fan of diablo 2, I would check diabloii.net everyday at work, it was my homepage at home. I beta and stress tested d2. made first ladder, was even in a clan for it, was first to get LOD in my area and now I own about 5 copies of d1 and d2. I purchased d3 collectors edition, was so hype and been waiting for 12 yrs for this game and all I'm seeing is !@#$ ups.

I've spent millions on gear, grinded for hours while balancing a real life and this isn't fukkin fun at all.. at all. RMAH is a joke a cheap way to nickel and dime the diablo player, you might as well have made Diablo an MMO. everything is stupid from being online for sp to these elite mob packs that appear 3 to 5 times per map.

One of my favorite franchises has become %^-*. !@#$, Titan Quest was better. I miss the REAL Diablo team, apparently Blizzard has never made anything I ever liked and this proves they can ruin something I do.

%^-* you Blizzard and this piece of !@#$ you call a game. I don't care if I'm banned because I quit.
mobs drop 900-1200 gold with 5 valor stacks each l2play griefer
So how much roughly will it cost to kill a reflect damage pack as a DH now?
They should increase the sell prices for vendors.

Increase it 4-8 times.
I'm not even going to waste my breath with reasons why the game is getting worse.

Blizzard - You guys are the worst game devs for a game so highly praised and anticipated. If this was World of Warcraft, you'd probably loose 90% of your subscription because the game is unplayable and I honestly don't enjoy it.
21k gold repair bill in a short test run of act 3 Inferno on my monk without actually dying to anything. Only significant drops, lvl 51 yellow shoulders off of champion licker, bunch of crappy blues off of others.

Pre-nerf, I was on act 4, working my way through, but, my desire to experience lag deaths and then end up broke is non-existent. The incoming damage is indeed less spiky, but with the IaS nerf (whole other issue) I'm doing 4k less dps. Great patch guys, you really nailed it. I thought the whole point of the increased repair costs was to punish death/res zerging, not, "oh you're playing MELEE? LOL@YOU"
Since I've been stuck at Zoltan blood with my Barb I decided since patch to try butcher runs. because playing a DH or Wizard isn't my thing. according to my findings. I went from selling full stashes 5 times to now 2 times. I don't see nearly as many blue drops all for a chance of a rare? money wise so not worth it. I used to bring in about 70 to 77k a run now I make 33k a butcher run. I've noticed no difference difficulty wise. I'm still struggling in act 2, still dying easy to elites and my gear is good as are my strats which I've used from casters I've seen succeed.

I've been a huge Diablo fan since the first was launched. I was a huge fan of diablo 2, I would check diabloii.net everyday at work, it was my homepage at home. I beta and stress tested d2. made first ladder, was even in a clan for it, was first to get LOD in my area and now I own about 5 copies of d1 and d2. I purchased d3 collectors edition, was so hype and been waiting for 12 yrs for this game and all I'm seeing is !@#$ ups.

I've spent millions on gear, grinded for hours while balancing a real life and this isn't fukkin fun at all.. at all. RMAH is a joke a cheap way to nickel and dime the diablo player, you might as well have made Diablo an MMO. everything is stupid from being online for sp to these elite mob packs that appear 3 to 5 times per map.

One of my favorite franchises has become %^-*. !@#$, Titan Quest was better. I miss the REAL Diablo team, apparently Blizzard has never made anything I ever liked and this proves they can ruin something I do.

%^-* you Blizzard and this piece of !@#$ you call a game. I don't care if I'm banned because I quit.

I second every word he said. !@#$ you blizzard. I quit.
Blizzard's idea is brilliantly retarded.
I don't know what you guys are talking about, just use a Ral rune, silly.