500 gold each time I'm hit, what a JOKE.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 14 Next
Hahahahah! On my lunch break I tried to !@#$ around in an azmodan run for a while. Killed 3 elites and died about 6 times. My repair bill was 40k! HAHAHAHAHAAHAH

You're laughing at the ridiculous repair bill. I'm laughing that you died 6 times and only killed 3 elites... seriously, that was passing as acceptable before this patch? It never occurred to you that you needed better gear or that you needed to play in easier content?

They should have raised the repair costs sooner.

What a fanboy, People who didn't die after a run clocked 63k in repairs. You actually haven't played post patch yet have you?
taxing a percentage of players gold when they die? are you !@#$ing nuts?

gold in this game equals real money for people who use the paypal option

you must be %^-*ing crazy if you think blizzard would EVER make a change like that to this game

How is charging for armor repairs any different?

If you are wearing the same armor, it still costs the same amount to repair when full broken.

How is that any different than a tax rate?

I can tell you how it's different... it hurts equally for everyone, unlike this solution.

The only difference with the flat tax, is that it actually has a chance of being fair to ALL players, instead of just the rich.

Actually, there's another difference... it would hurt equally for everyone, unlike the current solution.
There are less challenging zones, use them.

Have you made it out of Act 2 Inferno?

No. I am in a zone that is appropriate for my gear and skill. I am playing normally, as a game, with no exploits, real money paid, or any other BS. Mostly importantly, I'm playing with the mindset that the game is the entire journey from level 1 noob to absolute god, not only the absolute god part. That's why I'm enjoying myself.

By the way, what did that question have to do with my point?
This is just a lie. Idiots believing him is funny
+1
Doesn't really matter much whether or not the exact cost of one hit is 500 or 100. The point is that durability is being reduced through normal gameplay and not just deaths, meaning you do indeed have to dish out a lot of gold just to keep playing with your gear. OP, I applaud you for taking the initiative to attempt such a little test, it does present the current state of affairs in an interesting light.

WoW also had repair bills but they were really low in relation to your income. This is completely stupid.

I'll be honest, I pretty much stopped playing D3 last week but I've been looking at the forums to get a sense of what kind of changes are being applied.

This whole D3 experience is looking more and more like watching a slow-motion train wreck going through a clown convention. You don't know if you should cry or laugh so you just end up facepalming for a few minutes.

Hopefully, every single D3 player will in the end realize they're being forced to pay to play a "game" that is so repetitive, grindy and impossible to customize that it's pretty much like working on an assembly line creating widgets for the company to sell, except with shiny graphics. It's really just a terrible social experiment, if you ask me.
06/19/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Jaggus
Hahahahah! On my lunch break I tried to !@#$ around in an azmodan run for a while. Killed 3 elites and died about 6 times. My repair bill was 40k! HAHAHAHAHAAHAH

You're laughing at the ridiculous repair bill. I'm laughing that you died 6 times and only killed 3 elites... seriously, that was passing as acceptable before this patch? It never occurred to you that you needed better gear or that you needed to play in easier content?

They should have raised the repair costs sooner.

Speaking from experience are we? Or lemme guess... you havent even hit inferno yet. 6 deaths for 3 elites isnt bad. Inferno is literally designed to kill you left right and center! Act 3/4 Inferno will !@#$ you up.

I have awesome gear. But as a demon hunter if I get hit once I die. Go troll somewhere else you ignorant fool.
Just played for 2 hours in inferno. Ended with less money than I started with and the only thing I spent gold on was repair costs. Stupid increase!!!

So much for selling anything in the AH, no one is going to have any gold to spare anymore.

Blizzard, please change this asap.

Looks like +gold find items are better than MF items now.
And the less gold find just worsen it
I can't even install the patch right now but based on what I've read with this ridiculous repair costs.. what about those with high gear right now with low gold with gear that was a little damaged previously before the patch and they log in, get killed by some mob and can not afford to repair there gear? good luck killing anything naked. rofl

R.I.P Diablo 3, patch 1.03 has officially killed it.
I am not going to read the whole thread but also am upset that repairs cost so much, I stink at the game, I will admit it, but now it seems I am being forced to choose 1 damaging skill and the rest have to be defensive.
so as a monk..
what the hell can i do?
i am not a dammed ranged dh..
the gold drop isnt even enough to cover 20% of the repair cost
magic item drop? are you joking?
so is blizzard retarded or what?
First timer Barb, just started act 2 inferno and i dont have the money to repair anything nor do i feel like revisiting the ONLY WAY TO BEAT THIS GAME (with my 0 gold) -> AUCTION HOUSE
06/19/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Urizen
There isn't even enough gold dropping in-game now to cover the cost of repairs per run,it's backwards gameplay

u can get over 1000 for killing a white mob.... i have 0 gf..... so....whats the problem other than u get hit wayy too much.
I just did a blue pack in act 2 inferno and without a single death and after that a couple of blue lvl 58 items, I ended with repair bill over 9k.

I can't see this working.
Actually i am selling all my items to the AH so i can get a really expensiv item to sell it for 50+ $ and get back my money i invested in this stupid game -.-
Speaking from experience are we? Or lemme guess... you havent even hit inferno yet. 6 deaths for 3 elites isnt bad. Inferno is literally designed to kill you left right and center! Act 3/4 Inferno will !@#$ you up.

I have awesome gear. But as a demon hunter if I get hit once I die. Go troll somewhere else you ignorant fool.

6 deaths for 3 elites *is* bad. If that's acceptable to you, then you deserve to pay 40k repair bills. Game is fine and getting better; the smudge of tears on my lips tastes like wine.
Doesn't really matter much whether or not the exact cost of one hit is 500 or 100. The point is that durability is being reduced through normal gameplay and not just deaths, meaning you do indeed have to dish out a lot of gold just to keep playing with your gear. OP, I applaud you for taking the initiative to attempt such a little test, it does present the current state of affairs in an interesting light.

WoW also had repair bills but they were really low in relation to your income. This is completely stupid.

I'll be honest, I pretty much stopped playing D3 last week but I've been looking at the forums to get a sense of what kind of changes are being applied.

This whole D3 experience is looking more and more like watching a slow-motion train wreck going through a clown convention. You don't know if you should cry or laugh so you just end up facepalming for a few minutes.

Hopefully, every single D3 player will in the end realize they're being forced to pay to play a "game" that is so repetitive, grindy and impossible to customize that it's pretty much like working on an assembly line creating widgets for the company to sell, except with shiny graphics. It's really just a terrible social experiment, if you ask me.

Agree. Everyone is focusing on my individual repair costs, instead of the issue at hand.

NEWS FLASH: Different people have different repair costs because they have different gear.

Mine are high, but not nearly as high as some I've seen.