Drop Rates increased but...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 66 Next
Tell your designers that risk versus reward is severely screwed up right now. I don't want to play because the items I'm getting are almost always going to be junk, even if they're ilevel 63. What's the point? It's extremely depressing to farm Act 3 and find my inventory full of crap afterwards.

Thanks for not getting me addicted to the game, I guess.
Thank you

I totally agree, swapping your entire gear before an elite pack/boss dies just so you can have tons more MF is not fun at ALL.
I would love to know the real reason why repair cost are so HIGH now. There is no point into doing anything on inferno if for a reason you die(which there is a big chance you are after act 1), you got to give 8k of the gold you already spend 2 hours finding, its counter-productive and it makes people not even meddle with inferno monsters or bosses. It's just a thought. Thank you.
Re roll the patch back to 1.0.2 if you know whats good for you... That is the solution.. There was nothing wrong with 1.0.2 other than some occasional bugs.
I mostly agree with all the recent changes but i do have one question regarding unique bosses(purple guys).

It seems that there is very little incentive to seek those out,since their loot is negligible.The same stands for most quests/events.On one hand these events/bosses are hilariously easy on the other hand the offer nothing,which is fair.BUT it makes players skip all that content(personally i would love to get interested in them).

Don't you think that increasing the difficulty and introducing some unique mechanics to those events/bosses while giving them worthwhile loot would make players explore the world more?
Heres my feedback:
Im having less fun after the patch and dont know if Ill continue playing.
I ENJOYED seeing items jump out of clouds and barrels. This is a slot machine. Keep it "slotty"
I think Blizzard should let the players decide what's fun, instead of dictating how we all have to now play Hardcore style.
Well, if my friends are still playing 3 months from now (and there haven't been any new post-beta fixes) I will try it again.
06/20/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Lylirra
Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun

Right there sums up what is wrong with so many of the decisions this game has made.

You are deciding for us, the players, what is and is not fun.

You know what's really not fun? Being told what is and is not fun by someone who is not us.

I can think of all kinds of things people were doing that weren't 'fun' for me. But they were having fun doing them, so hey, more power to them.
u have just been wilsoned.........
06/20/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Lylirra
Ultimately, we think players running around with an entire set of Magic Find gear and swapping out those pieces every time they want to open a chest, smash a pot, or click on a weapon rack isn't really all that fun, and we didn't want the game's mechanics to make players feel like they needed to do that in order to be the most efficient. We also don't want players avoiding fighting monsters just to run after shiny clicky things (we want you to do both). In both situations, this is something we wanted to discourage and we implemented changes we felt would accomplish this.

Why do you care about this so much? If someone wants to do this, how is it hurting anyone else? Why nerf the entire game for everybody? Why is there a treasure chest on the icon for a fortune shrine?