disconnected from client/server on loading

Aus/NZ General Discussion
so i've been getting disconnected from the client/server every time i try to join public game, my friend's game and resume/start solo game.. i can see auction house and rmah fine and i can even create a character but i cant play them.. anybody know why? should i re-install my diablo?

im using vivid wireless as my internet if it helps. could it be the internet problem?
Sounds like it is an internet problem, do you have any firewall's that could be blocking the ports needed to the actual in game section but maybe not blocking the login servers and such?
Try connecting directly to the router via an ethenet cable, have seen this work for a number of people. If it works, it's an annoying fix not being able to use the wireless and not something I've seen a further fix for. But worth an initial shot and gives you an option if it does.
i've tried turning off my mcafee firewall but it still wont connect.. weird thing is before the 2 previous patches i play just fine.. now i have to get lucky to be able to play..
i can't connect via an ethernet cable sadly since it's a share house internet :(
hmmm I mean reinstalling is an option but unlikely that it would fix it(but weirder things have happened).

If its possible try completely uninstalling your anti virus/firewall software just to give it ago, if it works while they are both completely uninstalled then at least you know where the issue is? (I've found just turning off software antivirus/firewalls doesn't always do the trick)
i've tried turning off my mcafee firewall but it still wont connect.. weird thing is before the 2 previous patches i play just fine.. now i have to get lucky to be able to play..
i can't connect via an ethernet cable sadly since it's a share house internet :(

Can you do it for 5 mins just to try it out? It might rule a bunch of things out.
still no luck with the cable :(.. i was able to play time this afternoon but then when i went to check AH and tried to get back in-game it got disconnected like usual, it was with the firewall off and after reconnecting to the wifi.. i tried the same thing but doesn't seem to work anymore..
so should i try to re-install instead ?
No harm in trying a reinstall mate, its very odd to be sometimes blocking you.

Does it just disconnect you or does it give an error message?
by disconnecting as in turning me back to main menu to the auction house, public game or start game place then yea.. i guess i'll uninstall it tonight and hopefully it's done by tomorrow morning and no more problem hahaha. thanks for the help
If its a share house.. who else is using the net, what are they doing on the net, are they downloading, streaming etc. If your bandwidth is X and 10 people are using X, then your only able to use 1/10th of X, assuming 10 people are all using X at the same time..

If its wifi, is it secure? has it been password protected? Is somebody tapping into your connection and using your bandwidth. These are all questions that need answering.

Its unfortunate that you can't use an ethernet cable. wireless is inherently unstable. packet loss = dc.