Killing Ghom post patch

Barbarian
Hey I'm having all kinds of problems killing ghom, I have tried multiple builds and either I cant stay alive long enough or the room fills up with the clouds before he dies. Can anyone help me out by posting a build that would work well on him, I use a 2h weap im at like 50k health 34k dmg 600-700 resist with war cry.
He's bugged and goes into Zerg mode instantly instead of after 3 minutes. You'll have to wait for a patch to kill him solo, or just get a friend/pub to help you out.
Get 1300 ish LoH and he's very doable, i just did while staying in his cloud the entire fight.
06/19/2012 10:39 PMPosted by pug
He's bugged and goes into Zerg mode instantly instead of after 3 minutes. You'll have to wait for a patch to kill him solo, or just get a friend/pub to help you out.

I'm pretty sure the patch note said he spawns 2 clouds at a time now and he enrages after 4 mins filling the room in seconds.

My biggest problem is the fact that he's so slow. Even with 70k hp 1k all res and 16k dps I can't kill him because he stands in the cloud spawning adds and then when he finally makes it far enough out of it so that I can attack him he spawns another one and the process repeats.

I've only managed to get him to 20% before he enrages and I've tried all kinds of builds to get more dmg. It's not a real issue because I got the waypoint\save after him from a friend, but I just can't seem to take him down on my own.

It seems really silly that they gave most of the bosses 3-4 min enrage timers and yet even with the nerfs if you aren't built semi tanky you still get absolutely wrecked by everything in act 3-4. I guess I need to invest in a 1100 dps 1hander and some more strength or something because jeez. This guy was an absolute pushover before the patch.
06/19/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Genesis

I'm pretty sure the patch note said he spawns 2 clouds at a time now and he enrages after 4 mins filling the room in seconds.

My biggest problem is the fact that he's so slow. Even with 70k hp 1k all res and 16k dps I can't kill him because he stands in the cloud spawning adds and then when he finally makes it far enough out of it so that I can attack him he spawns another one and the process repeats.

I've only managed to get him to 20% before he enrages and I've tried all kinds of builds to get more dmg. It's not a real issue because I got the waypoint\save after him from a friend, but I just can't seem to take him down on my own.

It seems really silly that they gave most of the bosses 3-4 min enrage timers and yet even with the nerfs if you aren't built semi tanky you still get absolutely wrecked by everything in act 3-4. I guess I need to invest in a 1100 dps 1hander and some more strength or something because jeez. This guy was an absolute pushover before the patch.

^ This. Any advice would be great... also sitting on top of 1k resists and 65k+ HP and he still steamrolls melee..

In before "just buy more DPS gear & you'll be fine". We've already spent millions into tank gear pre 1.0.3.. I don't intend to farm for another 493759834325 hours just to buy some DPS gear to possibly (note, possibly -- not guaranteed) have a shot at a mini-boss. I had no problems with elites and mobs prior to him whatsoever but man, this guy is a real pain now.
I'm in the same boat as Genesis, except my stats are even worse (68k health, 830 AR, and 12k dps...bah). Everything leading up to the fight is fine, save for a couple of pesky groups. But I get him to 25%, and he spews all sorts of nasty all over the room.

I dare say that I've been...

Ghom'd.
06/19/2012 10:42 PMPosted by Nalfen
Get 1300 ish LoH and he's very doable, i just did while staying in his cloud the entire fight.

what build are you using and are you sword and boarding? Also did you try him after the patch today?
You can also just do a reflects damage build. Ignore Pain and Overpower with reflects damage and even 100 LoH and you are set.
How i did it:

Make sure your computer can handle intense particle effects. I had to reduce resolution, set everything to low, tick Low FX- Ghom's gas cloud stack gets intense toward the end and framerate chug can kill you

enchantress with armor skill

40k hp, 8k armor, 800~ resists
~400 LOH 1h weapon

Frenzy / Sidearm
Ignore Pain / Ignorance is Bliss
Leap / Iron Impact
Overpower / Revel
Threatening Shout / Falter
War Cry / Impunity

Inspiring presence passive for life regen
Relentless
Superstition

Some mythic healing potions

You will be sub 20% for most if not all of the fight.
Leap into Ghom, blow all your defensives and potion, don't panic as your health plummets to almost nothing, keep attacking him.

Don't look at the screen; instead, stare at your action bar. Press everything as soon as the cooldown is refreshed. You should be slowly chipping away at Ghom's health while BARELY (unless you're better geared than I was which is probable) surviving. Eventually he dies. The end.

Blizzard needs to hotfix this garbage.
Good news guys, I did Ghom tonight on Inferno, I can post the achievement if you would like, but I would rather just post the blatantly OP build that I used.

When I first tried him with my trash build after two attempts I deemed it impossible and decided to take an hour break to eat dinner. Then I came back to the PC determined and took a look over my skills. I came up with this build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WQPRVk!ebc!abZbcc

The main attraction is the Overpower rune, it is stupidly broken right now, I have about 900 life on hit and when I activated this rune inside of one of Ghom's smoke clouds my health shot to 100% and stayed there for the full duration. Meaning each time you reflect damage it procs your life on hit. This paired with the other defensive skills and life on hit and general allowed me to plow straight through Ghom.

It's bad news for someone trying to farm the area with NV, but this build can do it no problem. You could probably do it yourself just by adding overpower to your bar. I actually just replaced demo shout with it for good.

http://i.imgur.com/gCQMt.jpg
Tried Sammich's build, worked like a charm. This works even with a 400 LoH weapon. Once I popped Overpower, my health shot up from nothing to full.
Overpower build woks perfect. Thanks guys.
Good news guys, I did Ghom tonight on Inferno, I can post the achievement if you would like, but I would rather just post the blatantly OP build that I used.

When I first tried him with my trash build after two attempts I deemed it impossible and decided to take an hour break to eat dinner. Then I came back to the PC determined and took a look over my skills. I came up with this build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WQPRVk!ebc!abZbcc

The main attraction is the Overpower rune, it is stupidly broken right now, I have about 900 life on hit and when I activated this rune inside of one of Ghom's smoke clouds my health shot to 100% and stayed there for the full duration. Meaning each time you reflect damage it procs your life on hit. This paired with the other defensive skills and life on hit and general allowed me to plow straight through Ghom.

It's bad news for someone trying to farm the area with NV, but this build can do it no problem. You could probably do it yourself just by adding overpower to your bar. I actually just replaced demo shout with it for good.

This man deserves a medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are the best. I just bought a 500 loh weapon for 100k and it was really easy. You dont even need 500 loh I guess cuz life gain from reflect damage is just so high.

you are the best. I just bought a 579 dps weapon with 500 loh for 100k and it was really easy. You dont even need 500 loh I guess cuz life gain from reflect damage is just so high.

yep any 200-300 loh amulet does the trick

I would just like to say that this method does not work for me. I've tried maybe 15 to 20 times and while my health does stay full while it's in duration, revenge doesn't seem to proc more than once making it almost useless. My resists are over 700 and I have over 800 LoH. Once overpower comes off of cooldown my health just plummets while ignore pain is on cooldown as well. Is there some specific method or skill order I'm missing?
Check out this youtube

http://youtu.be/HzfG5VMVHxU
Check out this youtube

http://youtu.be/HzfG5VMVHxU

This video was made pre 1.03. In 1.03 Ghom instantly puts clouds over the entire map if you're not next to him and they never disappear.