Australian Refunds re: latency

Aus/NZ General Discussion
I think the latency issues have gotten to the point where Australians should be allowed refunds. It was bearable at first, like all online games are bearable for Australians. But once you get to inferno the game becomes infinitely more difficult with 300+ latency. With some games the higher latency is a dis-advantage but playable (wow, sc2 and LoL) but in diablo, be it through the the way its designed or just the difficulty of inferno, the latency is just too much. Sure its doable, but with all the extra deaths from latency and extra precautions needed, well, it just take the fun out of the game. And while lower difficulties are bearable, after playing alts because inferno is unbearable , the frustration increases there too knowing you cant play inferno like you would like too.
The game itself is amazing, and personally i disagree with most of the complaints that are out there. If it wasn't for the latency i would continue to play this endlessly, sadly I just don't think that its possible to play this game the way it was intended and designed in Australia. There fore i think people should be aloud refunds.
I think the latency issues have gotten to the point where Australians should be aloud refunds.

Yeah I stopped reading after this. If you want to be taken seriously it might be a good idea to post you comments with an acceptable level of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Blizzard do offer refunds within 30 days of purchase, which IMO is quite generous given that some people will only play for 30 days or so. Though from what I hear it can be a bit of a pain to organize for retail purchases, but it is still doable.
Yeah I stopped reading after this. If you want to be taken seriously it might be a good idea to post you comments with an acceptable level of spelling, grammar and punctuation

I lol'd
Its not even that bad lol. I play on 240-260
You pay $50 to send a CE Box to the states for your refund and tell me you don't feel ripped.
Easier just to never add funds to RMAH out of principal and just pretend PvP doesn't exist when it comes out.
06/26/2012 12:48 AMPosted by SMK041
I think the latency issues have gotten to the point where Australians should be aloud refunds.

Yeah I stopped reading after this. If you want to be taken seriously it might be a good idea to post you comments with an acceptable level of spelling, grammar and punctuation.

I cant spell so i can no longer have an opinion?
I can handle the latency. It's the crap item drops with 100mf + 5NV that are pushing me towards quitting.
Not in the written form.
you have 30 days from purchase, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5740845937#1

(if you have had the game for more than thirty days I cannot fathom how you didn't notice the latency until now)

I cant spell so i can no longer have an opinion?

Bad luck there sport! It seems you have problems with reading as well as the spelling.

Nobody will take you seriously unless you're talking to your primary school teachers about repeating.

Also, where is refund inducing latency/lag problems?
06/27/2012 02:24 AMPosted by JackL
(if you have had the game for more than thirty days I cannot fathom how you didn't notice the latency until now)

id say its more so HOPING that it gets fixed - since activision blizzard is far from transparent when it comes to the lag issues we face, ALOT of people give it time while they simply hope, eventually hope fades and they realise they just got ripped!
Given there is no offline option and you MUST be on-line to play this game, I think this is quite a reasonable proposition. I have been unable to play this game with any level of enjoyment today due to constant lag issues. If this continues to occur, I will be researching my avenues to get my money returned.
06/27/2012 04:31 AMPosted by Durantbrook
Given there is no offline option and you MUST be on-line to play this game, I think this is quite a reasonable proposition. I have been unable to play this game with any level of enjoyment today due to constant lag issues. If this continues to occur, I will be researching my avenues to get my money returned.

At this point the only way you can get your money back is through legal options that will cost infinitely more than $60.....
06/26/2012 12:48 AMPosted by SMK041

wow congrats dude you know spelling and grammer and want to let the world know, guess what, no one cares... get a life.

OP deserves to be here a lot more than you do.

Yea i get latency/lag issues that prevent me from playing hardcore, or should i say bothering to attempt it. Still wouldn't ask for a refund though already got more than my moneys worth.
You're in inferno?
That's, what? minimum 20 hours gameplay?
And you want your $60 back?

It costs $10 for a 2 hour movie and people don't complain.

Yet when it's $60 and they ONLY get a 20+ hours time kill out of it, the world is ending.

Consumer rights these days are just beyond stupid.
You're in inferno?
That's, what? minimum 20 hours gameplay?
And you want your $60 back?

It costs $10 for a 2 hour movie and people don't complain.

Yet when it's $60 and they ONLY get a 20+ hours time kill out of it, the world is ending.

Consumer rights these days are just beyond stupid.

Completely see your point, but after 2 hours you know the movie sucked..

What's the point of no return with a game, if you took it back after, even the 30 days, you may not have been able to see patch changes, balancing.. etc. If the first 2 patches would have had marked improvements then I don't think you would see refund threads now...

You would have done it and gone already, or are prepared to sit it out a while longer, cause you really want this to work...
I sent my game back on Monday by registered post to Activision/Blizzard at Epping NSW for refund, as yet, still no word, if no answer by next Friday, will contact Fair-Trading

$90 for a single-player game, bit rich, struth, even COD has MP for $89

The game is not fit for purpose, ie, playable in Aust. with servers 12,000 kilometres away.

Have contacted Fair-Trading Friday 29th June, will get answer this week