Cinematics missing, I finished all of normal

Lore and Story
I finished all of normal and almost all nightmare now, but some cinematics aren't there, I can't watch the ones between acts, the one with Tyrael (as an angel) and Imperious talking is completely missing for example, as well as others. I only have like 3- the intro one, the one after you kill Magda and one other one, what's going on?
If you skipped them with the ESC key, you can't see them until you watch the whole thing.

If it was an end-act cinemetic, then you can't see it again. Go to youtube.
You can also watch cinematics back at the char select screen.
06/23/2012 09:57 PMPosted by AscendedOne
You can also watch cinematics back at the char select screen.

Yes, that's where I said they're missing
yeah same thing happened to me too...im at inferno act 3 now...pretty much cinematic from act 1 to 4 is missing. I don't know what is happening
06/24/2012 04:56 AMPosted by Bodhisattva
yeah same thing happened to me too...im at inferno act 3 now...pretty much cinematic from act 1 to 4 is missing. I don't know what is happening

If you want the missing cinematics to appear, then you have to see it in-game, and you have to watch the whole thing (i.e. don't hit the ESC key after you've seen all you need to). I've got missing cinematics to reappear by doing that.
I had an entire list of cinematics, and they all vanished for me too. I'm assuming it happened with patch 1.0.3.
same problem, I think mine disappeared when I played with friend back in normal act1.

If you want the missing cinematics to appear, then you have to see it in-game, and you have to watch the whole thing (i.e. don't hit the ESC key after you've seen all you need to). I've got missing cinematics to reappear by doing that.

Rubbish.
They were there the first time and for a long time after that, but since their patch quite a few of the cinematics are missing.

Hello,

Please open the D3Prefs.txt file in your Diablo III folder in the Documents library, then in here find the PlayedCutscene lines, and edit them to read as follows:
PlayedCutscene0 "15"
PlayedCutscene1 "15"
PlayedCutscene2 "15"
PlayedCutscene3 "15"

Save and exit the file, and try again.

Source; http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4784318688?page=1#new-post
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!
sorry for caps :D
when I looked up the codeing in question, it listed the last numbers as 15, 15, 20, 0. Is this change due to the lastest update? If so than this methode I think should be made so that its more widely known because I did it and I couldnt believe it when it worked.
Just adding my $.02 here... I had finished normal way before we had that problem where alot of people couldn't get the game to start, they had to close agent.exe and all that jazz... some people suggested changing languages and then people realised that another 2.6 GB had to be downloaded.
Anyway my point is I had to re-install D3, didn't wanna download 2.6GB on a chance that it might work, and since then I haven't had a few cinematic's... has anyone who is missing cinematic's ever had to reinstall D3?
Because since you've already beaten normal (i'm guessing) you don't see the cinematic's again in game, only in the main menu. Unless you run another character from lvl 1 again.
I used the number 255 instead of 15 as per the link in post #9

This worked! I lost my cinematic to during the last patch and after playing through act 1 again they still didn't come back.

Thanks for the post!
I have a Mac and tried to go into my Diablo III folder as directed. This didn't work since there was no D3 Prefs.txt file to work with. Any suggestions, please?
thanks a lot for that! Got my cinematics back :D
I also have the same problem, I have been playing D3 since it came out and just today I tried to watch them from the log-in menu and the character selection screen, only three showed up and I have watched them all before. I stopped playing for a few months and just started last week, so unsure if there is a patch issue with this.

Has anyone submitted a ticket on this? Or know if blizzard is working on the bug?

Personally, I shouldn't have to go into the files I download from them and modify it because of their mistake. Call it lazy, but hitting esc is fine by me to exit the cinematics but I don't want to modify files that could inevitably screw something else up lol
I also have the same problem, I have been playing D3 since it came out and just today I tried to watch them from the log-in menu and the character selection screen, only three showed up and I have watched them all before. I stopped playing for a few months and just started last week, so unsure if there is a patch issue with this.

Has anyone submitted a ticket on this? Or know if blizzard is working on the bug?

Personally, I shouldn't have to go into the files I download from them and modify it because of their mistake. Call it lazy, but hitting esc is fine by me to exit the cinematics but I don't want to modify files that could inevitably screw something else up lol

Say bye-bye to the cinematics then.
Hello,

Please open the D3Prefs.txt file in your Diablo III folder in the Documents library, then in here find the PlayedCutscene lines, and edit them to read as follows:
PlayedCutscene0 "15"
PlayedCutscene1 "15"
PlayedCutscene2 "15"
PlayedCutscene3 "15"

Save and exit the file, and try again.

Thank you!

I wonder how this problem occured in the first place though
Thank you so much! I missed being able to see the gorgeous cinematics that played between acts!
Can this Info be made into a STICKY? Please and thanks untill they fix this crap!