Reflect damage broken as hell?

Demon Hunter
1 2 3 6 Next
I'm sure that I'm not the only one that's having huge issues with the reflect damage champions/unique's. It's honestly and legitely, a stupid concept in the first place and shouldn't have been put in the game in the first place.
I was told that I need to do more damage and have more health. Alrighty, so I did that.
Now that I can finally do all of these molten,arcane,etc champions/unique's, the god damn reflect damage mobs decide to step in a ruin my day. I can't get high damage, and still get life on hit, I don't have 300 Million, and it's hard to farm that for when Blizzard decides to nerf every gold farming spot in the game.
Can I have some tips/help here? I'm quite irritated.
its what smokescreen is for
500 life regen, or 500 LoH and this is not a problem
06/29/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Vayne

Yea, not that easy.
I don't really have a problem with Reflect Damage mobs.

I have 48k HP now.

360 LoH.

I have about 590 life regen (from items and Brooding).

I also run with Shadow Power: Gloom and Preparation: Battle Scars.

Granted, I only have 25k DPS, so it's not like I'm doing a !@#$ ton of damage like others (50k+) - I haven't been able to find/buy that type of gear yet so I've gone with this type of setup.
Smokescreen w/ lingering fog and +20 disc on items makes them trivial.

Unless they have extra health. Then they're ridiculous.
My frozen arrow cits for 140k and hits all 3/4 of the pack. I 2 shot myself with 36k hp.
actually, i'd say it's wht shadow power with the gloom rune is for. It lasts 3 seconds, instead of 1.5, it causes massive life on hit, and reduces the dmg of the thorns that are coming back at you by 65%. kite, pop shadow power/gloom, fire your biggest dmg attack (impale, cluster arrow/grenandes, whatever you use) a few times, repeat. Because it lats 3 seconds, you have a lot more time and dont have to be as paranoid about starting an attack, and then by the time it hits and somekscreen is gone and you one hsot yourself with a crit. i hate that.
What? You don't like how Inferno has random difficulties? I really enjoyed the fast/teleport/jailer/waller ponies I had last night, especially since they are already fast as all heck with their sprint ability before the fast affix!

Personally, I have 1000+ LoH gear I carry just for reflect. In act I and II I don't bother and just kill them with smokescreen + prep. Most of the time I can kill the pack within 80 disc. However, when I need the LoH gear I usually put that on along with some MF gear and bring my damage to around 25k. Takes a bit of time for kiting and killing but I generally don't have a problem with reflect.
I've gotten 5 reflect damages with extra health in a row, I think I deserve a big explanation from Blizzard of why they have such crappy balancing.
Reflect damage isn't bad solo. What is your dps and resistance? Resistance/Armor is better than pure hp vs reflect damage. I use Marked for Death (life leech rune) and NT vs reflect damage mobs.

If you have enough dps you can get distance then lay 2 caltrops back to back (2%immobolize rune) in a straight hallway where they have to come at you in a line then start to unload NT. After you take 1-2 hits of NT damage pop SS then pop Prep Then pop SS again. The mobs should be near you now and you'll need to run. If its done correctly and your character has enough dps some champ mobs will die and most will take over 60% health.

I have 78k dps with follower/no sharpshooter and 450 resistance for reference.

Tremors and Invulnerable Minions scare me much more than reflect damage.
06/29/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Bluntski

Yea, not that easy.

super easy for me >:[

whats your build like?
There are a few workable solutions to reflect. If you have the health to run a Shadow Power Gloom setup, that is awesome for this. Fire a few shots, Gloom. Fire shots under Gloom (this will very likely heal you to full). Fire a shot or two without Gloom. Fire more shots in Gloom. Your disc goes a long way this way.

If you have low health but high damage, SS + LoH/Lifesteal is amazing. The more damage you can put out during your 1.5 seconds of SS, the better. In any case, though, you want more than your default 30 disc.

Some people do like to run both SS and Gloom because they prefer SS but want Gloom for Reflect mobs, but I never found that necessary.

As long as I actually notice them, Reflect mobs are very easy for me to handle. The problem comes when I don't notice the reflect and just unload + lay down a jagged spikes train track first thing. Then as I run back I go "okay, so those reflect" and carry on >.> Yeah, I'd never make it in Hardcore mode.
Reflect Damage is no longer a prob for me, since I have a 2.8% life steal weapon along with Shadow Power.

The life steal slows down the loss of life and when I do get very low, I just pop Shadow Power and it back to full with a couple frost arrows. Rinse and repeat.

I'm doing this with 56k DPS (no ShS), 25k HP, and 37 Discipline.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYXgV!Yec!YZZZYc
06/29/2012 09:58 AMPosted by bLuDrGn
Reflect Damage is no longer a prob for me, since I have a 2.8% life steal weapon along with Shadow Power.

You know the 2.8% lifesteal on weapon translates to about 0.5% in inferno, right?

Shadow power is doing the work.
I just switch to a 900 dps, 700 LoH bow that I bought for 350k. makes reflect damage a joke without even using Shadow Power.
I used to have 9k health and like 2 resists (lol) doing around 89-93k before ias patch. For reflect, I bought a bow with LoH and lifesteal, and an ammy with 600+ LoH. This made it so I ganed more life, than I lost on each hit. Now all I need is the LoH bow.. dropped the ammy with 39k hp and 300 ish resists.
06/29/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Spicynoodoh
0.5% in inferno, right?

.56%

yes, so that's
56k dps, translating into 313 life/sec per mob
sounds to me like it is working just fine

You know the 2.8% lifesteal on weapon translates to about 0.5% in inferno, right?

Shadow power is doing the work.

I know, but every little bit of health regen counts for me. If i can prolong activating Shadow Power by a sec, it goes a long way.
06/29/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Korba
0.5% in inferno, right?

.56%

yes, so that's
56k dps, translating into 313 life/sec per mob
sounds to me like it is working just fine

Except I have individual armour pieces that give me more than that per second passively.