Reflect damage broken as hell?

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
06/29/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Spicynoodoh

.56%

yes, so that's
56k dps, translating into 313 life/sec per mob
sounds to me like it is working just fine

Except I have individual armour pieces that give me more than that per second passively.

do they scale with dps?

i didn't think so
They aren't a problem. A little annoying but they die fast.

Impale /w crit rune-->250k crits

53k Health
50k DPS
36% crit

I just run around and hit them with impale every now and then. I try to smokescreen if possible but don't always have to. They usually die in under a minute.

Just make sure you focus on ONE at a time. When you kill them, they drop health globs. That, HP, preparation, and smokescreen is all you need. No need for high regen or LOH really.

Except I have individual armour pieces that give me more than that per second passively.

do they scale with dps?

i didn't think so

They don't have to. Passive regen works while you're kiting, and that 0.5 above the 20% from shadow power is redundant. Shadow power fills your bar up in one good crit already.

Just saying damage to life is a waste of money when you can get life on hit, or regen on your armour.

edit:

You're assuming constant attacking and more than one mob. The math isn't that simple.

edit:

You're assuming constant attacking and more than one mob. The math isn't that simple.

it is that simple since damage reflection is based on your output
you are extremely dismissive of the power of leech... considering 3% on a weapon is considered undesirable and therefore less expensive

while you can get LoH and regen on the rest of your gear as you already know
Dismissive because if you're running shadow power, that 0.5% is redundant.

I'm just saying, I'd never go out of my way to get damage to life on a weapon. LoH and constant regen are way more practical.

What happens when the reflect champ has invulnerable companions?

precisely why you never go full retard,

3% leech, 300 LoH 300 regen covers all bases,
you just you can't really get leech off_weapon, which is why getting 2-3% on a good one is pretty great
06/29/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Bluntski
its what smokescreen is for

Yea, not that easy.

it actually is..

i have 700 life on hit
520 resist all
40k DPS.

my HP bar does not even move when i AOE an elite pack
600 hp/s and I swap one of my bows for a +950 LoH when I fight reflect.

As of the hotfix yesterday, my life goes down instead of up while shooting reflect guys.

I also upgraded my DPS about ~5k yesterday, so it could just be that, but going from healing off reflect guys to seeing my HP drop 2/3 from a single hatred dump makes it seem like something was changed.

edit- I forgot to note I don't mind the change, but it seems pretty definite that there was indeed a change made.
What happens when the reflect champ has invulnerable companions?

precisely why you never go full retard

Grow up.
are ppl who are complaining incessantly about affixes being broken and such playing in groups?? Like seriously, reflect damage is fine. You just need to balance out your stats.

I would like to know what your damage is. Your post kinda implies that you are still running a glass cannon build, which is IMO is officially dead (literally you will die more often, outweighing the benefit of doing LOL)

This would explain your irateness.
Easiest thing to do is carry around a 1 hand xbow with 800+ LOH on it. Got mine at a steal for 1.5m and it comes with STR (provides physical resist), vitality, and 940 life on hit.

Some mobs have extra reflect and I have to throw down spike traps and then SS when they go off or spam shots and hit a health pot and kite around (throw down traps and ss) mix it up.
I would just like to know why the damage my follower takes gets reflected to me. Reflect dmg on elites is like saying go kill something, but don't kill it too much. kinda funny.
06/29/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Bluntski
My frozen arrow cits for 140k and hits all 3/4 of the pack. I 2 shot myself with 36k hp.

There are many solutions.

Reflect damage is fine.
Reflect mobs go like this for me...

Gloom

CA + CA

pepper hate generators till hatred fills

Gloom

CA + CA

The life steal(from gloom) fills you up so any damage you do inbetween is irrelevant.

(i have like zero LoH or regen)
I don't know where you are hunting .... but I'm in A1 of Inferno..... no issues with reflect. I run only 31k dps with 31k HP.

run caltrops/ss/vault/prep/huggering/NT

passives TA/Steady/Arch

reflects are not bad at all when you get used to 'em.

I've said this in multiple posts:

lay caltrops down (Jagged spikes is the rune name I believe). Let 'em walk over them toward you.... then I double-vault (using SS sometimes) the opposite direction so they walk over them again and get double-hit from the caltrops. for prep I use the rune for full health so just incase those reflects or invul minions are hurting me when I use my prep I'm back to full health. I can say I use 1 health pot for every 20 I pick up. I have hundreds and hundreds of mythic pots.

Now... Act II is a different story based on my setup.... hence why I'm still in A-I.... LOLOLOL
it takes 300+ allres to notice a huge improvement

LOH isnt that great, i have a bow with 900 LOH, 50k hp and 175 all res and i can easily kill myself if i dont properly use SP gloom or Smoke screen

what makes a huge difference is all resistances when it comes to reflect dmg

my dh has 106k dps (NO SS) 50k hp 175all res and i can easily !@#$ myself over with reflect dmg mobs

Hey im about 100k dps, 39k hp, and 250 ish all res (292 phys res), and i have a 900dps, 906 LoH bow, 2.7% lifesteal, and I can cluster arrow relfect mobs, and not die. I just use my hatred generator, and I steady gain health again.

edit: like i said earlier, if you went the glass cannon route, with 9k hp and 0 res all (like i was before) then grab a loh+lifesteal+socket with purplegem, and a LoH ammy, and you'll have no problem other then a dps drop.

Hey im about 100k dps, 39k hp, and 250 ish all res (292 phys res), and i have a 900dps, 906 LoH bow, 2.7% lifesteal, and I can cluster arrow relfect mobs, and not die. I just use my hatred generator, and I steady gain health again.

if ur refering to 105k dps with sharpshooter i can possibly see why

but yea like i said. u have 250res, 906 loh + 2.7% slife steal. those 3 together prob makes for alot more diference

lets test it out on siege braker ima add u real quick

ah i'm at work brudda, but thats w/o ss... don't use it. we can play later though, i'll be home around 8pm pst.

edit: damn forgot to mention... with my reflect bow, iirc, I have around 60k dps... sorry for the confusion! i didnt think about it too much.