What we MEAN when we say D3 is TOO hard...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
BOOHOO, lmao what a wall of whine.. God forbid if bliz waters inferno down cause these QQ`S.
Hmm, I have minor beefs with some of the things you say, but over all a well thought out post. You didn't need to bring up WOW so much tho. Over all, I agree.
Some players have fun with having to go to great lengths (whatever that may be) for rewards, while others have their limits of what is fun. The ones that run into the limits of what is fun but not reach the reward become frustrated.

How do you appease both types of gamers? HC is NOT it. HC is a different mindset and playstyle altogether. So Inferno was designed with intent to appeal to the gamer that wanted more than what D2 offered in terms of difficulty.

I think an oversight was made with respect to endgame in the fact that there's no post 60 content for people that don't like the style of Inferno. Endgame is post leveling, and Hell difficulty is leveling content.

Inferno is a great addition to D3 even if its not your style of game. But I feel they should have just saved Hell difficulty for post 60. Maybe require some grinding of normal mode to get to a level requirement of Nightmare, and some grinding of Nightmare to get to 60. That would have kept some of the feeling people liked about trying to get to 99.

Given 2 difficulties post 60, there's a lot of ways they could have done the loot to keep them just enough apart, yet be rewarding for doing a harder mode.
07/01/2012 09:51 PMPosted by Puddle
Hmm, I have minor beefs with some of the things you say, but over all a well thought out post. You didn't need to bring up WOW so much tho. Over all, I agree.

Thank you. I only brought up WoW to make the points. I loved that game but once i got sick of it -i would just tremble with disgust whenever id see its concepts get re-constituted in other games...I kinda get the shakes and find myself needing to get off my pc. My apologies
First and foremost- thank you.

Thank you for putting your dislike with this game into a nice constructive, non-flaming, non crybabyish post that, even though I was only ever half agreeing with you- I still read the entire thing to give you due respect.

Other people who have problems with the game- please for the love of god learn a thing or two from this guy here.

Now... while I do agree that diablo 3 inferno can be somewhat overwhelming and tedious, it was designed this way. Who's call was it? Ours. That's right, the people that blizzard asked for input said "please blizzard don't make inferno so easy I can beat it in a week!" Well... be careful what you wish for. I never had a say, and im sure alot of you did not, but that was what blizzard heard and they went for it.

You also make statements like people don't care if they made bad builds because it was fun anyways. Well... speak for yourself. I was always a perfectionist/eliteist when it came to d2. I never screwed around with many sub-par builds. I made a summonmancer and played him thru hell and that was it- back to my hammerdin mfing. That's just me, but it seemed like I was in the majority boat with this... maybe not though.

I am sorry, but I have to completely disagree with you on making the game easier. That is just my standpoint. Make grinding as fun as it was in d2, keep the difficulty. I understand that doing the same act over and over is tedious, but so was killing meph or doing baal runs in d2. They just need to up the reward for doing so- such as the itemization (legendaries/sets basically, which they are working on).

P.S. if you are looking for your icarus difficulty in inferno, maybe you need to check out some youtube vids :). There are people facerolling act 3-4. It does exist, but it is just tedious to get to that stage(again, my biggest problem with the game- boring items make a boring grind).

Thanks again for your post, I enjoyed the maturity of it to say the very least.
No, inferno is just difficult and people are having trouble wrapping their mind around the fact that they might not be good enough for it. You don't need absurd amounts of gear to beat it (with any class).

This is where the "spend 250 hours banging my head against a wall or no upgrades" comes in. Chances are they already have the gear necessary to complete the game but lack the skill to do so.

D2 was incredibly easy. It was easy to the point of boring.

edit: once you do hit that incredible level of gear though you can faceroll the entire game. Which I think is what people want to be able to do, since you could reach that point relatively quickly in D2. However, this eliminates any sort of challenge from the game, which (as far as I know) was something that people wanted because they thought D2 was too easy.
I just want to feel like I did when I ran around on my Trap Assassin in Diablo 2.
07/01/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Zero
This game doesnt care about build. Basically, gear = win.

I saw this post today on the barb forum about some barb with 2k LoH, 1k res all, 10k armor, 45k hp saying that he couldn't beat act 2. If gear = win why couldn't he do it?
07/01/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Zero
link? either he is lying or he is ... well lying

it's been covered up, it was from this morning. But look around these forums (..mostly monk/barb) and you'll see posts like it everywhere: so and so can't get past act 2/3 when they have incredible stats.

I'll go look, one sec.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978350845

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978199730

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5912662310

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978790510

didn't look that hard. not really sure what most of these say, just quickly glanced to see the stats and how far they are. regardless it looks like they should easily be clearing the content theyre in.

07/01/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Zero
Monk with stats like him can clear act 2 inferno before patch 1.03 with ease.

yep. but people can't all the time.

if gear = win why is this so?
bumped for truths
07/01/2012 10:06 PMPosted by Stormrider
P.S. if you are looking for your icarus difficulty in inferno, maybe you need to check out some youtube vids :). There are people facerolling act 3-4. It does exist, but it is just tedious to get to that stage(again, my biggest problem with the game- boring items make a boring grind).

Thank you for your civil reply. I have seen the vids. I saw one in the 'bring barbs back to earth' post. It involved some gimmicks with elective build (tornado build?). I can do this. I guess, the point I am trying to make is that I do not like to play the game like this. Running like a coward, farting out gusts of wind as I run away like a little girl. Yes, it works. Yes I can 'beat' the game like that. But its shameful and no way to have to play a hack and slash.

No, inferno is just difficult and people are having trouble wrapping their mind around the fact that they might not be good enough for it. You don't need absurd amounts of gear to beat it (with any class).

This is where the "spend 250 hours banging my head against a wall or no upgrades" comes in. Chances are they already have the gear necessary to complete the game but lack the skill to do so.

Yeah. Sure. Its because we all lack 'the skill'. No, we have the skill. The game is not that hard. Doesnt take a genius to figure out the combos and runes. See my above point: Its more that the game was not meant to be played like this imho.

Maybe it is the game many people wanted. But I doubt it. I think many people share my feelings. that is my hope, at least.
While I get your point, I wouldn't say Inferno is "too hard". It's not really. The difficulty is just about right.

The problem is it's so tedious and time consuming to farm lower acts for millions of gold to buy the top tier gear you need to clear it.

And before anybody bothers saying "just make it easier and you won't need to".

My retort to that is that defeats the purpose of all that "top tier gear". Then there's nothing left to strive for. If you can already clear the hardest difficulty with mediocre amounts of difficulty, then there's no need to even bother continuing to farm and gear the character. May as well delete it and start another one. They've already made it easier. Any more and they may as well just remove it and say hell is the last difficulty.

Don't bother mentioning D2 either. The itemization in D2 was the polar opposite to D3. You had specific things you were trying to find to achieve different things pertaining to your build.
In D3 the only thing to achieve is to find the same piece of gear you're already wearing with bigger numbers on it. Ok so not polar opposite but you get the point.

Sound like I'm bashing on D3 and I guess I am taking some pot shots at it because it's plain to see (in my opinion) the itemization is inferior to D2, but I still enjoy D3 so far. I'm progressing quite nicely through A2 inferno with only having to smash my face against the wall a few times, but at least I have a goal to achieve with all this monotonous farming. Inferno is quite hard if you're undergeared. At least there's a reason to farm though.

Could be my own delusions grasping at straws though. Meh, it's late.
What do you mean you don't like artificial difficulty?!