End game solutions?

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
If I wanted pvp I'd load up COD, no end game purpose, they know this, unfinished product, pathetic. This post is a vapourware advert for an expansion that promises, but won't deliver.
My only dig about this game, The only 1 i have, Is when everytime i think i found what is really going to make me love this game...It gets nerfed, First the attk Speed did it for me, now MF switching and stuff was working out well for me, I had a good thing going, And now im awaiting to see if i can still do that or not...If not...What do i do now. I mean i like farming even without the MF switch...But it was much more exciting.

people have beaten all of inferno on a barb with LESS THAN 500K GOLD. its on youtube with thousands of viewers verifying it. no bosses or champs skipped(though he did cheese some champs that he should have skipped).

Some people AREN'T meant to be that intelligent either. You do realize those videos were pre 1.03? And if you have to cheese it, then the game isn't "right."
I don't want to come off as a %##! but the majority of the people complaining about end game are self-entitled kids that are used to getting content added from a MMO or just trolls. This is a freakin $60 dollar game with NO monthly fees. Let me repeat that again. NO. Monthly. Fee. I've gotten at least 250+ hours outta this game and I'm nowhere close to putting the game down. Now compare that to other RPG's with the same price value as Diablo 3. The only game that comes close to giving you that amount of value for your dollar is Skyrim.

...So why are people mad at Blizzard? You should of did your damn research like a responsible person before you bought the game. Especially if you're gonna come on here and !@#$% about it. Farm your gear and wait for PvP. This is a FARMING game.
Solution to end game?

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2012-06-26/dev-diary-maps

If you can think of anything better, let me know because that ^ looks incredible.

DAMN !!
07/03/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Marlaine

Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose, but we believed pre-release that the item hunt would be far more sustainable, and would work to be a proper end-game for quite a while. That didn't turn out to be true, and we recognize that.

It would have been more sustainable had you had a prevention team in place for bots and exploiters. As it is you just let people break the crap out of the game by botting trillions of gold and exploiting anything and everything for weeks. Now the economy is absolutely borked beyond belief.

How can you release a game with a real money auction house and not have a team in place to prevent these extremely predictable exploits?

In the meantime your normal player gets the shaft while the cheaters cheat with impunity and literally make a fortune in real money. It's disgusting and draws Blizzard's credibility into question.

SO DAMN TRUE, Correction, 2nd Dig. I still LOVE this game and am confident their not gonna Give up on it and Abandon us all...Please stop nerfing every single thing i end up having fun doing! Make it so we all know that their are Not any people out their making a Fortune from cheating! and ill be here for 15 years playing this game until diablo 4 comes out LOL!
Honestly, here's my opinion. I will complain about MF briefly but keep reading it's highly relevant to end game.

People buy gear that is their main gear and it's MF gear. No swapping needed.

People buy crap gear that is purely MF gear. They Swap out. (they risk being one shotted most of the time so that is their cost for buying cheaper gear)

So there is absolutely no problem with the above. It's a cost/benefit relationship.

Now what our lovely overlords at blizzard want to do is make it so people don't feel they need to be forced to wear MF gear to play.

Blizzard is saying that people right now are forced to choose one of the above options to play and they want to add a third option to basically either ruin MF or highly favor one of the other two options.

You wanna know what I want blizzard to do....stop focusing on a stupid issue like MF or omg nerf this exploit or omg nerf this skill or omg nerf this attribute....

changing abilities, and trying to perfectly balance this game will not give us, the customers, more fun. you basically do it to satisfy a group of whiny kids or to inflate your egos.

Why not focus on serious issues like replay value. try to speed up the release of pvp. add a new system so that there is more to this game than grinding endlessly for crappy gear for the off chance to get a good piece of gear so we can sell it and make YOU more money.

Sure, we can make money too off the RMAH, but unless we use paypal we can only use the blizzard money on you, so it's just money in a holding account waiting to be given to you blizzard.

and if we use the RMAH, a 250 dollar item nets you close to 40 extra bucks in your dumb paypal transaction fee. which if I recall is the average price of a damn expansion pack.

you want to keep making money? cool....i don't give a flying pig butt if you do. corporations are greedy i get that.

at least make it fun for us to make you money.
Blizzard was my last hope for doing good games :(.

I guess I will learn Japanese. There is still some real developers out there.

I recommend Investigating some small studios or indie devs, they often produce way better games than the large big budget studios and have a lot more heart.
We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft. We aren't going to be able to pump out tons of new systems and content every couple months. There needs to be something else that keeps people engaged, and we know it's not there right now.

We're working toward 1.0.4, which we're really trying to pack with as many fixes and changes we can to help you guys out (and we'll have a bunch of articles posted with all the details as we get closer), and we're of course working on 1.1 with PvP arenas. I think both those patches will do a lot to give people things to do, and get them excited about playing, but they're not going to be a real end-game solution, at least not what we would expect out of a proper end-game. We have some ideas for progression systems, but honestly it's a huge feature if we want to try to do it right, and not something we could envision being possible until well after 1.1 which it itself still a ways out.

+1 This guy
There needs to be something else that keeps people engaged, and we know it's not there right now.

Is there any talk of a world PVP system (besides Arena) nd open social areas? That would probably be engaging, D2 had all that and kept devoted fans playing. (for me D2 was a six month game when they came out, but was always my favorite till Classic WOW.)

What about making crafting more creative and allow skills that can actually choose your own stats and make sockets etc?

I also think that Inferno could be nerfed a bit and still be very difficut and smoothef out because it is way too costly in repairs

The most annoying thing for me in the game in terms of playability is that feeling of slowness when trying to get away form a pack and all their fire or poison or other entrapments even with 18% movement speed and decent attack speed and anti-crowd control It feels nonresponsive and slow to take off and stuck even with a very fast internet connection, the best computer and mouse etc as the mobs are poumding away it feels like it takes forever to run.

I think people will keep playing and it would be great to remove the annoyances
Solution: Max lvl = 99
like D2
07/03/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Bashiok
We aren't going to be able to pump out tons of new systems and content every couple months. There needs to be something else that keeps people engaged, and we know it's not there right now.

Heres an idea, patch in some FUN- nobody wants to sturggle, lets us slay the hordes of demons like a real Nephalem Hero mmk? just being able to actually kill stuff will keep peoples interest in the item search longer than having us struggle with content, quit nerfing all of our "fun" abilities, buff IAS back up, or even 50% more than what it was mmmhmm that sounds fun to me....
Thanks for the reply on this.

Your right, D3 is not WoW and it will be next to impossible to pump out the same amount of new content. Allowing players to freely create their own skill builds, no matter how goofy they may be could keep players interested for a very long time. That would mean putting back in skill trees and stat allocation, so this way, players will have many new things to try. Combine this with a ladder mode or another mode that allows people to compete with each other (aside from PvP because not everyone likes it), and you'll have yourself a lasting game.

I'm unclear as to how rearranging the current list of skills and then preventing some people from selecting some of them would allow greater customization.

07/03/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Kaks187
lets us slay the hordes of demons like a real Nephalem Hero mmk? just being able to actually kill stuff will keep peoples interest
This is absolutely not the case, as if it were, everyone would be having a blast in Hell mode.

No, people follow the gear, regardless of how difficult or frustrating it may be.
We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft. We aren't going to be able to pump out tons of new systems and content every couple months. There needs to be something else that keeps people engaged, and we know it's not there right now.

We're working toward 1.0.4, which we're really trying to pack with as many fixes and changes we can to help you guys out (and we'll have a bunch of articles posted with all the details as we get closer), and we're of course working on 1.1 with PvP arenas. I think both those patches will do a lot to give people things to do, and get them excited about playing, but they're not going to be a real end-game solution, at least not what we would expect out of a proper end-game. We have some ideas for progression systems, but honestly it's a huge feature if we want to try to do it right, and not something we could envision being possible until well after 1.1 which it itself still a ways out.

Can you give us an estimate on the release date of PvP? That's ALL I ask from you! <3