Public Games Matchmaking Clarification

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 18 19 20 25 Next
Do you have any link for downloading D2? help pls
I'm not going to bother going through 18 pages of trolls, half trolls or fan bois (yes I managed to lable you all), the first will do. Frankly, you've lost 50-70% of your initial buyers, this isn't a fault per say, just a demoralisation and an indication you could've done better... I know for sure given the resources I could've and yet I like the game, I play pretty much daily. All you can do is continue doing what Blizzard dose best, continued support, continued patches and additinal content as to be fair, the first few patches were focused on fixing issues with exploitation of one kind or another. I appreciate your perseverance and continued communication with a lack luster community, but then again 'to be fair' you reap what you sow. (you made a game that appealed to the base denominators, and now you have to deal with them, the community.)
Again, many thanks for your continued communication.
Maji
Do they think we are unable to do basic math?

200,000+ Active Games (players/games/whatever)
10,000+ Active Games (same)

so they optimized it to fill four players to a game...

200,000/4
I'm coming up with 50,000? Anyone else in the same ballpark?

Not to mention that EVERY other source for determining the number of players on Diablo 3 report massive losses.

Honestly I don't care if other people quit Bliz, what I care about knowing is if you will improve upon this game?

Tell us what you intend to do, or at least what direction you are going and you will see the player base level off. You will lose some who don't like the changes you will make, and the rest will hang around and wait on said changes.

Get off your collective buttocks and give us something to look forward to!
God i feel embarassed to be a part of this community. Explain public games why are the numbers low explain explain explain, blowing up the forums. We get a response explaining how it works EXACTLY. WE never asked for this why are you telling us this.

You are the most whiney ungrateful bunch of brats in this community ive ever seen. Makes me so glad i don't work cs anymore, If i were working at a fast food place and you did this hypocritical bs to me id probably dose you up with ex-lax and walk out before i get fired.

Way to just further prove I live in Murica land of the derp.

If i do end up quitting this game it would be due to denying being part of this community, not the game itself which is quite enjoyable. I payed $60 and enjoyed approximately 300 hours of playtime. Go get that from a SS title waiting wating, oh wait you cant.

Honestly hope blizzard just abandons ship saying screw profits just so you can all get screwed, turnsoff there servers, and just shows appreciation to there forums. Then you completely ignore the fact of Fourth Of July vacation and act like that didnt factor in to why we went a day or two without any information.

Stop being Murica and start being a community.

My biggest problem is you players decided to tank out the economy. Theres no steady progression its just < 50k or > 10 million gold no inbetween no middle grounds. You are the Murica derpwads that set our economy, NOT BLIZZARD, stop being so freaking dumb.
Sorry, calling bull!@#$ on this one blues. This is an attempt to hide the fact D3 players have dropped 65% since launch, your excuse is "it doesnt count people in menus or ah". yes, that is correct, but thats not playing diablo, the endgame at this point is Play the AH, so the 65% of players you have lost are in fact consisting of people who quit & people playing the ah to make there 60 bucks back before they quit.
Sorry, calling bull!@#$ on this one blues. This is an attempt to hide the fact D3 players have dropped 65% since launch, your excuse is "it doesnt count people in menus or ah". yes, that is correct, but thats not playing diablo, the endgame at this point is Play the AH, so the 65% of players you have lost are in fact consisting of people who quit & people playing the ah to make there 60 bucks back before they quit.

Murica land of the derp hell ya bro... Way to continue to prove this. If you seriously need to spend money to beat inferno, why don't you go back and finish your middle school education out its still there and waiting for you.
07/10/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Thyone
WE never asked for this why are you telling us this.

That first question was something I asked specifically in another thread that had a collection of questions for Bliz. I feel all fuzzy inside.

I realize you were using it as satire so don't take it as me bashing you. <3
That first question was something I asked specifically in another thread that had a collection of questions for Bliz. I feel all fuzzy inside.

I realize you were using it as satire so don't take it as me bashing you. <3

Wasnt refering to you specificaqlly look back at 3/4ths of this forum saying we never wanted to know this information...
07/10/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Thyone
Wasnt refering to you specificaqlly look back at 3/4ths of this forum saying we never wanted to know this information...

Er, I know. That's why I said I realized you were using it as satire.
I'm sorry but after 4-5 days of nothing from the CMs and they respond to this... Like they are doing us a favour cause people are asking questions about how many people there are?

Dear CM's. Try looking at the D3 home page and start addressing the concerns that are topping the "Most Popular" list. This does NOTHING for game play so stop wasting your time trying to prove that people are loving this game because 99% of the people I've spoken to don't. I study games programming and we are using this game as an example of BAD design. We are detailing examples of why hard limits (arcane/jailer) that cause unavoidable instant death unless you have the small number of specific builds that can survive it make the game tedious and soft limits (100s of enemies on screen at once) are hard but give you a chance of survival making it a lot more fun. This is just one example of why we are checking this forum every day to see if by some chance the CMs are going to acknowledge the issues and actually engage the community and listen. So far in the last week we've gotten,

-"Here is what we are doing to address magic swapping" : ah... you had an issue with this because of your economy, I don't think I even read a thread where people were complaining about that.

-"We understand that labeling this number as "In Games" in the Public Games window can be confusing, so we're currently looking into ways to make the number and what it represents more clear" : are you serious? this reminds me of apple saying their antenna issue in the iphone was a misunderstanding of their software. You know if you actually do things to take this back closer to what diablo should be like you wouldn't even have to be justifying how many people are playing
God i feel embarassed to be a part of this community. Explain public games why are the numbers low explain explain explain, blowing up the forums. We get a response explaining how it works EXACTLY. WE never asked for this why are you telling us this.

You are the most whiney ungrateful bunch of brats in this community ive ever seen. Makes me so glad i don't work cs anymore, If i were working at a fast food place and you did this hypocritical bs to me id probably dose you up with ex-lax and walk out before i get fired.

Way to just further prove I live in Murica land of the derp.

If i do end up quitting this game it would be due to denying being part of this community, not the game itself which is quite enjoyable. I payed $60 and enjoyed approximately 300 hours of playtime. Go get that from a SS title waiting wating, oh wait you cant.

Honestly hope blizzard just abandons ship saying screw profits just so you can all get screwed, turnsoff there servers, and just shows appreciation to there forums. Then you completely ignore the fact of Fourth Of July vacation and act like that didnt factor in to why we went a day or two without any information.

Stop being Murica and start being a community.

My biggest problem is you players decided to tank out the economy. Theres no steady progression its just < 50k or > 10 million gold no inbetween no middle grounds. You are the Murica derpwads that set our economy, NOT BLIZZARD, stop being so freaking dumb.

give him some love folks.. he badly needs it
Again i'm post this. Out of the millions and millions of pre-orders. How many are still active? How many people log on everyday? Give us those numbers please. =D
07/10/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Egamer
It's good to hear that you're making sure people get populated public games. Since you're promoting the 4-player co-op experience, do you have plans to give players incentives to play co-op, perhaps through increased drop rates or some other mechanism?

honestly the only incentive you should need is that its fun.

I logged into the forums just to laugh at you sir. "HA!-HA! you are so funny!"

Now seriously..... please give us a reason to play, mindless gear grinding on the same content only lasts for about a month on any respectable gamer.
Past that, you must be simple minded to find this game enthralling.

The core game design is ancient, the upgrades to this design are horrible at best, downright laughable on average. In short, Diablo 3 is a very mind numbing yawn-fest.
Just killed Diablo on Inferno difficulty about an hour ago. Nothing else left to do but sell enough items on the RMAH to pay for GW2 and then play that instead of this. Need 20$. Should be done soon. Diablo 3 was a disappointment. Not saying it wasn't fun, but it fell extremely short of a memorable game like Diablo 2. It needed some type of alternate advancement other than gear. Too bad. Could of been an epic game :/
People are still FUN that declare and decide by Blizz
07/10/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Lylirra
The number that displays in the Public Games window represents the total number of games currently available

@Lylirra

If that's the official explanation, then why is that the in-game information says number of players? Here's a screenshot. Clearly, it doesn't say number of public games.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1811/publicplayers.jpg
"1332 players in public games"
political response. game is not fun. that is all.